• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 3.0

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings are going to be good with whoever they get at QB. Keenum isn’t quite proven yet, but he looks good for the vikes. Nobody but minny is signing him as a starter. If someone does, it’s to be a starter like Glennon. A place warmer for a younger guy. Cousins is a gamble, but if minny can get him, they should. Even if they throw all the money they can at him, it wouldn’t be a terrible overpay considering what the jets are willing to offer. It’s a tough decision for minny. If I were GM, Cousins would be my first choice. With Thielen, Diggs, and Rudolph in the passing game, Cousins will have plenty of weapons to spread it around to. In football, you usually only have a small window to win a title if you don’t have a Rodgers, Brady, or Roethlisberger at QB. Best case scenario, the Vikings have a 3 year window of contention for a Super Bowl (1 year being this year). Cousins isn’t one of those top guys that will help you contend every year, but I do think he is better than Keenum. The downfall to bringing cousins in is he might spend a year of that window acclimating to the offense. Or he might just kill it from day one, ala garapollo.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you catch lighting in a bottle over an entire season...I don't think so.

In the right scheme, with the right coaches, I think Casey will continue to grow.
I agree... Shurmer was that coach.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not go hard after Brees and try and keep Teddy as backup? :heh: That would rankle some feathers.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not go hard after Brees and try and keep Teddy as backup? :heh: That would rankle some feathers.

That would be funny. I'd love to see them bring in Brees for a Superbowl or bust deal like Favre in 2009. Unfortunately, I think it's highly unlikely that the Saints would even let Brees make it to free agency before giving him a new deal to retire with them.

As far as Teddy goes, he'd never accept a backup role anyway. I personally see him as nothing more than a quality backup, and that's assuming he's actually able to make it back from his injury. He'll sign with a team like Arizona or Miami where he has a decent chance to at least compete for a starting gig. A team built to win now like the Vikings would be very foolish to gamble on Teddy as their starter, so they'll let him move on.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be funny. I'd love to see them bring in Brees for a Superbowl or bust deal like Favre in 2009. Unfortunately, I think it's highly unlikely that the Saints would even let Brees make it to free agency before giving him a new deal to retire with them.

As far as Teddy goes, he'd never accept a backup role anyway. I personally see him as nothing more than a quality backup, and that's assuming he's actually able to make it back from his injury. He'll sign with a team like Arizona or Miami where he has a decent chance to at least compete for a starting gig. A team built to win now like the Vikings would be very foolish to gamble on Teddy as their starter, so they'll let him move on.

I'm not so sure, I think Teddy stays unless we sign Cousins, they may decide to keep Case and Teddy and let them battle for the starting gig. Zim loves the kid...

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure, I think Teddy stays unless we sign Cousins, they may decide to keep Case and Teddy and let them battle for the starting gig. Zim loves the kid...

I respect your opinions, but I really don't understand how people figure they will bring back both Case and Teddy to have a QB competition for the starting job. Case is going to cost about 20 million per year. You don't sign a QB for that kind of money without assuming they will be the starter going into the next season baring injury or a meltdown in the regular season. If there was any QB competition, it would have to be between cheaper options like Teddy and Sloter or a draft prospect.

It seems to be almost a unanimous thought that gambling on Bradford would be a very unwise move for the Vikings, being as close to Superbowl contention as they are right now. If that's the case, then it makes even less sense to gamble on Teddy. Teddy has just as big of questions with his injury situation as Bradford, and is less proven on the field. Ultimately they will probably either sign Cousins with Case as the backup plan if that idea doesn't work out, and Teddy as a last resort option if the Vikings miss on both of them.

Last edited:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect your opinions, but I really don't understand how people figure they will bring back both Case and Teddy to have a QB competition for the starting job. Case is going to cost about 20 million per year. You don't sign a QB for that kind of money without assuming they will be the starter going into the next season baring injury or a meltdown in the regular season. If there was any QB competition, it would have to be between cheaper options like Teddy and Sloter or a draft prospect.

It seems to be almost a unanimous thought that gambling on Bradford would be a very unwise move for the Vikings, being as close to Superbowl contention as they are right now. If that's the case, then it makes even less sense to gamble on Teddy. Teddy has just as big of questions with his injury situation as Bradford, and is less proven on the field. Ultimately they will probably either sign Cousins with Case as the backup plan if that idea doesn't work out, and Teddy as a last resort option if the Vikings miss on both of them.

I would be absolutely shocked if he got that kind of money.

I think you are forgetting how much Zimmer and the organization love Teddy.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be absolutely shocked if he got that kind of money.

I think you are forgetting how much Zimmer and the organization love Teddy.

Yeah, the Vikings loved Teddy so much that they deactivated him in favor of Bradford's return from IR to be backup to Keenum in the playoffs. I think you're underestimating how much that move said about the organization's feelings on their confidence in Teddy.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Vikings loved Teddy so much that they deactivated him in favor of Bradford's return from IR to be backup to Keenum in the playoffs. I think you're underestimating how much that move said about the organization's feelings on their confidence in Teddy.

Now, I know you're real smart but you are obviously forgetting Teddy is coming off a very serious injury and hadn't taken a meaningful snap in two years.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, I know you're real smart but you are obviously forgetting Teddy is coming off a very serious injury and hadn't taken a meaningful snap in two years.

Was that sarcasm? I can't tell for sure.

As for your point here, I get that, but you could make a similar argument for Bradford. Bradford had essentially been out the entire season since week 1, while Teddy was actively practicing and the backup since about mid-season. So I think they were about even in terms of how "ready" they would have been for the playoffs aside from a pure talent perspective alone.

Furthermore, let's not forget that DeFillipo is ultimately going to have a lot more influence on Spielman's QB decision than Zimmer. Zim always has and always will be all about the defense, and has very little influence on the offense. It's going to be mostly about what DeFillipo wants to do, and nothing he has said nor the Vikings actions have indicated that they want Teddy back as a starter. They could have easily signed Teddy for a few million per season on a 2 year "prove it" deal already, so letting him hit FA first doesn't make any sense if that's the direction they were planning to go. They clearly view him as a 3rd or 4th option in terms of what's currently potentially available to them. So while it could possibly happen, it's definitely not the direction they're planning on going in right now.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw an article that claims the Vikes have informed Teddy that he's plan B for the starting QB position if they miss on Cousins. Supposedly, Teddy wants $12-$15 mil /season on a short-term deal.

They gotta be kidding with that big of a contract for a guy coming off a devestating knee injury who has never proven to be anything beyond average to this point. It would make a lot more sense to offer that type of money or slightly more to Keenum, who is at least reliably healthy.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, for what it would cost to sign Cousins, I'd rather resign Keenum or Bradford, and use the rest of the money to resign our upcoming FA's and continue to fortify the offensive line.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they made a run at Drew Brees. It will probably never happen, but just the thought of Brees throwing to Thielen and Diggs with Dalvin Cook in the backfield is insane. At least they did their due diligence to call his agent up and put an offer on the table.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, for what it would cost to sign Cousins, I'd rather resign Keenum or Bradford, and use the rest of the money to resign our upcoming FA's and continue to fortify the offensive line.

:nod:

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At very least they drove price up for Brees for Saints

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenum going to sign with Denver, per Adam Schefter

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenum going to sign with Denver, per Adam Schefter

Well, there went the only legitimate option they had out of the QBs currently with the team. Brees is all but a lock to stay put in New Orleans. If they don't land Cousins, we can go ahead and forget about next season. 2018 was not the year to gamble on Bradford's health, let alone Teddy's health and supposed progression beyond game manager status.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McKinnon to 49ers