• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 2.0

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kalil didn't play really last year so another way to look at it is Reiff is a massive upgrade over T.J.Clemmings lol.

You'd be a massive upgrade over Clemmings...

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all that, Reiff is still not an upgrade...

Alright man, whatever. You seem to disagree with me at every turn about things lately the point where you just come off as a contrarian. I'm fine with disagreements, but this Reiff/Kalil issue is pretty weird to let phase you. Ifyour arguments had revolved around being dissapointment in the team failing to aquire a single big name free agent O-lineman, I'd totally agree with you. They obviously had a lackluster offseason in that respect. But you made it out like your bigger beef was over them not re-signing Kalil himself.

Is Reiff an exciting replacement? Of course not, but the Vikes did try to bring Kalil back, even offering him a decent amount more money than Carolina gave him by the sounds of it. Kalil turned his nose up to the offer and bailed, nothing more the Vikes could have done to lure him back within reason. Not only that, have you not been watching the Vikings the past few years? Kalil has sucked ass for 3 years straight along with numerous injury issues, honestly we dodged a bullet when he turned down the offer. Even Carolina grossly overpaid for the guy.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright man, whatever. You seem to disagree with me at every turn about things lately the point where you just come off as a contrarian. I'm fine with disagreements, but this Reiff/Kalil issue is pretty weird to let phase you. Ifyour arguments had revolved around being dissapointment in the team failing to aquire a single big name free agent O-lineman, I'd totally agree with you. They obviously had a lackluster offseason in that respect. But you made it out like your bigger beef was over them not re-signing Kalil himself.

Is Reiff an exciting replacement? Of course not, but the Vikes did try to bring Kalil back, even offering him a decent amount more money than Carolina gave him by the sounds of it. Kalil turned his nose up to the offer and bailed, nothing more the Vikes could have done to lure him back within reason. Not only that, have you not been watching the Vikings the past few years? Kalil has sucked ass for 3 years straight along with numerous injury issues, honestly we dodged a bullet when he turned down the offer. Even Carolina grossly overpaid for the guy.

Pretty sure I commented before you did when someone posted about Reiff so that means it's you that seems to just disagree with whatever it is I say.

Have you not been watching anything other than the Vikings the last three years? Reiff is not better than Kalil even when Kalil wasn't good. I don't remember saying I wanted us to keep Kalil, what I said was Reiff is not an upgrade so maybe pay attention to what i'm actually saying not what you think I mean.

I believe the only other thing we had words over was AD, the guy is one of the greatest players not only in the history of the Vikings but in the history of the league and i'm sitting here reading a post bashing the shit out of him by someone who claims to be a Vikings fan. Show some fucking loyalty, did you celebrate when Moss was traded too?

So here is an idea, if you don't like what I post don't read it!

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure I commented before you did when someone posted about Reiff so that means it's you that seems to just disagree with whatever it is I say.

Have you not been watching anything other than the Vikings the last three years? Reiff is not better than Kalil even when Kalil wasn't good. I don't remember saying I wanted us to keep Kalil, what I said was Reiff is not an upgrade so maybe pay attention to what i'm actually saying not what you think I mean.

I believe the only other thing we had words over was AD, the guy is one of the greatest players not only in the history of the Vikings but in the history of the league and i'm sitting here reading a post bashing the shit out of him by someone who claims to be a Vikings fan. Show some fucking loyalty, did you celebrate when Moss was traded too?

So here is an idea, if you don't like what I post don't read it!

Dude, take a chill pill. You've probably made literally around 1k posts ITT, my mistake if I missed one or two of them.

Secondly, what is up with your AP fetish? I have acknowledged he is an all-time great RB numerous times, even just in responses to your posts. However, I'm actually willing to acknowledge his flaws as a player (can't run out of anything formation other than the I-formation, can't pass black, can't catch it out of the backfield, fumble prone, etc) and numerous off-field issues. The guy has never displayed any sense of loyalty to the Vikings... they would have taken him back, but he expected an absurd $10-12 mil/ year deal when his prime is clearly long gone. This isn't the first time he has played the victim card to whine his way out of town either. Excuse me for being capable of acknowledging when it is time to move on.

Your comparison of AP leaving to Moss leaving is a joke. Moss was like 27 when they traded him to Oakland, still producing at an elite level as a WR, didn't have nearly as many injury concerns as AP currently does, had fairly petty off-field baggage compared to AP abusing his son (which he absolutely did do in excess, then tried calling it "discipline"), and hadn't blatantly begged to leave town the way AP has multiple times now. Moss and AP are two entirdly different situations. You are acting like my being glad he's finally gone means I want the team to totally wipe him out of team history books.

I think you take sports a little too seriously, man. It really isn't that big of a deal. We can agree to disagree on some things without you making a huge stink about me not caring about AP being off the team. Again, AP could have sat down with Spielman and worked out a 2 year deal or so for a reasonable price to finish his career properly as a Viking, but he stubbornly refused to do that and now he is goni. Even the biggest Vikings fanatics I know IRL aren't so hung up over it and acknowledge that it was time to move on.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, take a chill pill. You've probably made literally around 1k posts ITT, my mistake if I missed one or two of them.

Secondly, what is up with your AP fetish? I have acknowledged he is an all-time great RB numerous times, even just in responses to your posts. However, I'm actually willing to acknowledge his flaws as a player (can't run out of anything formation other than the I-formation, can't pass black, can't catch it out of the backfield, fumble prone, etc) and numerous off-field issues. The guy has never displayed any sense of loyalty to the Vikings... they would have taken him back, but he expected an absurd $10-12 mil/ year deal when his prime is clearly long gone. This isn't the first time he has played the victim card to whine his way out of town either. Excuse me for being capable of acknowledging when it is time to move on.

Your comparison of AP leaving to Moss leaving is a joke. Moss was like 27 when they traded him to Oakland, still producing at an elite level as a WR, didn't have nearly as many injury concerns as AP currently does, had fairly petty off-field baggage compared to AP abusing his son (which he absolutely did do in excess, then tried calling it "discipline"), and hadn't blatantly begged to leave town the way AP has multiple times now. Moss and AP are two entirdly different situations. You are acting like my being glad he's finally gone means I want the team to totally wipe him out of team history books.

I think you take sports a little too seriously, man. It really isn't that big of a deal. We can agree to disagree on some things without you making a huge stink about me not caring about AP being off the team. Again, AP could have sat down with Spielman and worked out a 2 year deal or so for a reasonable price to finish his career properly as a Viking, but he stubbornly refused to do that and now he is goni. Even the biggest Vikings fanatics I know IRL aren't so hung up over it and acknowledge that it was time to move on.

Who the fuck still says take a chill pill, what are you 7 years old? No fetish, I just appreciate when he's done for us and respect him for it and don't feel the need to bash him now that he's well past his prime. I didn't read anymore after the first couple lines as you've become boring.

Anywho, good luck to ya and go Vikes!

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck still says take a chill pill, what are you 7 years old? No fetish, I just appreciate when he's done for us and respect him for it and don't feel the need to bash him now that he's well past his prime. I didn't read anymore after the first couple lines as you've become boring.

Anywho, good luck to ya and go Vikes!

Wow... just wow. Alright, I'm done with this. Have a nice day.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Sarcasm is tough to detect on the interweb...

100% serious...
How can you argue with great blanket statements such as. "If the offense scores more points you win" and who can forget such greats as, " When the qb completes a pass in the endzone, it's a td!!"
I just wish we could do more as a group, on a forum for him..

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monday night week one!

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nice not having an early bye week!

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope AD goes for 250 yards and 3 tds as long as the Vikes win!

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope AD goes for 250 yards and 3 tds as long as the Vikes win!

My feelings regarding AP's future football success are neutral. I certainly don't hold any grudges against him to the extent of hoping he fails or performs poorly. I definitely hope he doesn't do well against the Vikes though, because it would make me seriously question the defense has regressed if they allowed a rotational RB (AP's status with the Saints) to put up a better than average performance, let alone a great one. Plus, with that being AP's first game as a non-Viking and being in Minnesota, I think it'd be a disheartening blow to our defense to do exceptionally poorly at stopping him, and it would worry me that they'd let it haunt them going forward in the season.

Granted, winning would help mitigate that, but I don't see the Vikings offense pulling out a win if the defense let's AP run that wild on them. Other than this game, I wish the best of luck to the guy with the remainder of his football career.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad AP got a deal, as it finally kind of lets us all move forward with him not being a Viking anymore, even though Spielman had already officially stated that they weren't going to try bringing him back weeks ago now.

Looks like the deal was for 3.5 million per year, for 2 years. That really makes me wonder how things played out between the Vikings front office and AP's camp prior to the signing of Latavius Murray. It doesn't sound like they ever offered him a deal, but for awhile there, it sounded like they had given at least some consideration to bringing him back. AP made it clear that he felt he "wasn't appreciated" when the Vikes didn't pick up his $18 mil option for 2017, then he goes and signs for $3.5 mil /year for a team that doesn't stand out as Superbowl contenders anymore than the Vikings do at this point. I can see why AP would be interested in playing with Drew Brees, but as a whole, their team doesn't currently look any better than the Vikings IMO.

I have a hard time believing that the Vikings wouldn't have been willing to give AP the same contract, if not possibly slightly more than New Orleans offered, had AP tried reaching out to the team and making a legitimate effort to work out a reasonable deal for both sides. Then he could have retired as a Viking without any blemishes on his time here aside from the off-field stuff that is years old now. I'm still satisfied with the Murray signing, but it would really surprise me if they would have refused to sign him at a similar deal to what New Orleans did. Makes me think that AP was just bitter towards the team and wasn't willing to come back for anything less than an absurd number like $10 mil or so. We may never know why things played out the way they did.

Times change, though. Best of luck to AP with the rest of his career, and he gave us countless memories when he dominated as a Viking. But I think he made a really poor decision to leave the Vikings for New Orleans, unless they didn't give him a real chance at negotiating a new deal with them. Now watch him go win a title with them out of nowhere, lol.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great pick Vikings! !!

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1