• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vika withdraws from Qatar! Too bad....

simtast204

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
February 7, 2014 – Doha, Qatar –Two-time defending champion and world No.2, Victoria Azarenka of Belarus, has withdrawn from the Qatar Total Open 2014 due to foot inflammation.

Azarenka first won the Doha title in 2012 when she defeated Australia’s Sam Stosur in the final, 6-1, 6-2. She returned last year to defend her title – which she did successfully by defeating American Serena Williams in the final, 7-6(6), 2-6, 6-3. Azarenka holds 17 WTA singles titles and six doubles titles. She has won the Australian Open two times (2012 and 2013) and reached the finals of the US Open twice (2012 and 2013). She also has an Olympic gold medal in Mixed Doubles (with Max Mirnyi) at the 2012 London Games.

Azarenka said of her withdrawal, "I am sorry I can't make it to Doha for the Qatar Total Open, but unfortunately I haven't been able to recover on time from my ongoing foot injury. I am thankful to all my fans in Doha and I look forward to coming back next year. I wish the best of luck to the tournament and hope that fans enjoy watching the other players that will be coming to that great event."

With Pova and Vika out, Qatar will be a fight between Serena and Li Na!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it really all depends on how important the tournament is to either serena or li. it's all about priorities and preparation for the majors with multi-slam winners in their 30s.

simtast204

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it really all depends on how important the tournament is to either serena or li. it's all about priorities and preparation for the majors with multi-slam winners in their 30s.

oh I think its VERY important to both Serena and Li! Serena has to get back on the "winning wagon" and show that she can still win matches, and Li has to prove that what she just did at the AO is a beginning of a new year for her. Yes indeed, Doha is important to them. This will set the tone for the rest of the year!

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh I think its VERY important to both Serena and Li! Serena has to get back on the "winning wagon" and show that she can still win matches, and Li has to prove that what she just did at the AO is a beginning of a new year for her. Yes indeed, Doha is important to them. This will set the tone for the rest of the year!

I am sorry Vika had to withdraw because of her leg injury. I know she will rest for the more important events. Let Serena and Li battle it out. Vika will play when Vika is ready. If Serena with her back problems still want to play Doha, that is her cup of tea.

simtast204

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry Vika had to withdraw because of her leg injury. I know she will rest for the more important events. Let Serena and Li battle it out. Vika will play when Vika is ready. If Serena with her back problems still want to play Doha, that is her cup of tea.

Vika had a "leg" injury? Thought it was only a foot infection? No one said Vika should play with her "leg injury", and Serena doesn't have to play if her back is giving her trouble, infact I like Vika and its bad that she can't defend her title, but Serena didn't get this far in her career to play with pain just to win ANOTHER title!!

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is just silliness. Serena has won how many tournaments? I don't think missing this one, non-major tournament, is going to have that much an affect on her. She can get back on the "winning wagon" the next tourney.