• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vick at the helm will it make a difference????

Sgt. Schultz

I KNOW NUTTZING!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno Smith has left the door wide open for Michael Vick to try and revive the Jets season while also trying to show the 31 other NFL teams he has something left in the old tank...but will it be enough for a demoralized Jets fan base who have endured witnessing one of the most dysfunctional teams since the Richie Kotite era.

Vick should have more of an impact this week after a full week of practice with the first team (if there is one) and I'm also looking for alot more out of Percy Harvin. Vick may not be the same player he was a decade ago but after a year and a half of seeing what Geno Smith brought to the table,Vick is still the better player. Protect the football avoid the turnovers and I give the Jets a shot this week...:suds:

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you see how Vick played when he replaced Smith......Fricken Horrible!

itsw blow-up time, the jets just signed Simms off the practice squad. Its time for Jets management to wake up...at 1-7 start Simms the Jets have nothing to lose. Make plans to trade Geno and terminate Vicks contract. Its not Idzick's fault its Ryan's and hold Ryan accountable.

Sgt. Schultz

I KNOW NUTTZING!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you see how Vick played when he replaced Smith......Fricken Horrible!

itsw blow-up time, the jets just signed Simms off the practice squad. Its time for Jets management to wake up...at 1-7 start Simms the Jets have nothing to lose. Make plans to trade Geno and terminate Vicks contract. Its not Idzick's fault its Ryan's and hold Ryan accountable.

I agree with your assessment on Vick and Smith ...and I liked what Simms did the year before....but your getting Vick until he gets hurt...:nod:

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your assessment on Vick and Smith ...and I liked what Simms did the year before....but your getting Vick until he gets hurt...:nod:

sorry you are wrong....production is the end result to a QB's starting role then other variables are factored in......First. Turnovers, both QBs are eyed by opposing defenses for interceptions and fumble recoveries. As you already know both QBs are currently accomplishing both tangibles. Second, a 1-7 record promotes change on both sides of the ball if the Jets management are waiting for Vick to get hurt then do a QB change they shouldn't be in football. The jets cant make the playoffs so change SHOULD happen at the QB position now. The past 3 years there has been an ineptness with a so-called platoon system, if any franchise puts up with this current situation without any changes they wont succeed just look at the teams that do win, they don't create and follow through with such a mess

Last edited by a moderator:

Sgt. Schultz

I KNOW NUTTZING!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry you are wrong....production is the end result to a QB's starting role then other variables are factored in......First. Turnovers, both QBs are eyed by opposing defenses for interceptions and fumble recoveries. As you already know both QBs are currently accomplishing both tangibles. Second, a 1-7 record promotes change on both sides of the ball if the Jets management are waiting for Vick to get hurt then do a QB change they shouldn't be in football. The jets cant make the playoffs so change SHOULD happen at the QB position now. The past 3 years there has been an ineptness with a so-called platoon system, if any franchise puts up with this current situation without any changes they wont succeed just look at the teams that do win, they don't create and follow through with such a mess

All teams that win have a stable quarterback situation ...the Jets are on the polar opposite of that right now..you are right...the season is over....but the Jets already know what all three quarterbacks can do ....and Vick is still the best option they have right now if he can stay on the field.....not knocking Simms but he's not the answer.....and the main blame goes on Woody Johnson not Rex...you can bring in a cap guy GM as long as there is solid football people in the organization....the Jets have no solid football people....the best one they have probably Terry Bradway.....Idzik is in way over his head....Rex is nothing more than a coach, he should not have any say in drafting players...Johnson has a huge mess on his hands and its his own fault....bring some real football people because that's the only way this gets turned around.:suds:

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true Woody Johnson is the start of all this mess, but the mess cant be ignored it has to be dealt with. Now the changes I propose obviously are my opinions so at 1-7 if I were the coach or GM or both I would try to make my opinions a reality. Simms would be in a perfect situation to be evaluated in game situations. Geno on the other hand makes bad decisions on the field consistently so he would be benched and subject to trade bait, which in Geno's own right will be a challenge to pull off, I don't think too many teams will want him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sgt. Schultz

I KNOW NUTTZING!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The veterans in the locker room probably want Vick to play...so there gonna get what they want...I'm all for doing everything in their power to draft Mannion from Oregon State....I like him he has the size and the arm...

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The veterans in the locker room probably want Vick to play...so there gonna get what they want...I'm all for doing everything in their power to draft Mannion from Oregon State....I like him he has the size and the arm...

what the players want and whats happening are 2 different things another variable in the QB mess. Vick isn't playing well to start and the record speaks for itself for a change. If the Jets had a better record, at lets say 3-4, yeah maybe, but 1-7 doesn't cut it to make Vick the starter.

Idzick is from that area and probably has an eye on Mannion, but if Vick and geno are still around then the circus continues