• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vegas Odds To Win NCAA Tourney 2018

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) They entered the tournament ranked 29th(according to the selection committee)
2) They didn't end the season ranked in the top 10, so I'm not sure how in the hell that means they performed as a top 10 team at the end of the year.
3) Wisconsin's highest ranked kid is #65 in the country, and then two guys outside the top 100. If Wisconsin has to rely heavily on them, Wisconsin won't be good. That 2014 class had ONE fucking player in it(Happ) who redshirted, so bragging about how that class in any way helped Wisconsin make the FF, is obviously misguided. Also, Kaminsky wasn't a 2 star, although I do give credit to the staff for turning him into what he was.

I don't think Wisconsin will be a top 25 team during the regular season, hell I'm not even sure Minnesota will and we return 4/5 of the starting 5, and have a top 100 recruit coming in.

1.) they were 25th according to the final AP poll then beat

The AP Top 25 Poll

2.) they then #1 overall team in the tournament which would've boosted them into at the top 15 at the very least.

3.) All three were in the top 100 at one point in time. Last I checked they had two in the top 100. What's funny is Davidson and King look far more advanced than Reuvers.

Again, the most important factor is how they finish in the NCAA tournament. If they don't finish in the top 25 but make the elite 8 that means much more in the grand scheme of things.

I don't think they will end up as a top 25 team since they're still young but will finish the season strong. This team will turn some heads and it's fun to be under the radar because nobody expects it.

Lineup

C: Happ (NPOY candidate)
PF: Van Viliet (Dirk)
F: Kobe King ( NBA ready body and potential freshman of the year in the BIG)
SG: Pritz (finally displaying his scoring ability with 28 points vs a pro Australia
team)
PG: Trice/Davidson: Trice is a great shooter but Davidson is a all around player but I'm not sure who gets the start here.

Backup C and PF after Charlie Thomas is weak.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, you still are crying about getting beaten twice in the same season by Duke. That was 2015. This is the 2018 season. If you don't like the odds vegas is giving I would suggest throwing some money down on your Badgers.

This is national sportswriters all over the country writing how it was the worst officiated game in favor of Duke. Time passes but we will not forget the highway robbery.

I don't gamble but if I did I couldn't even bet on the Badgers anyways since they don't even have odds. lol

Enjoy your win from the refs but it won't last long with coach K leaving soon.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odds shark has the Badgers at + 5500 which is about the same category as Bama, FSU, Purdue and Notre Dame. Those are acceptable odds based off losing 4 starters and relying on freshmen. I guess that means if you bet $1 and the Badgers win that gives you $50. I'm not sure if that's correct.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is national sportswriters all over the country writing how it was the worst officiated game in favor of Duke. Time passes but we will not forget the highway robbery.

I don't gamble but if I did I couldn't even bet on the Badgers anyways since they don't even have odds. lol

Enjoy your win from the refs but it won't last long with coach K leaving soon.

Duke's had six losing seasons since 1950 (67 years), Coach K is responsible for half of those seasons. I don't think Duke is going anywhere after K retires. They may not be on the same level as they're now, but they're going to still be a healthy program.

My apologies if you meant the referees favoring Duke will go away when K retires. I don't have an opinion on that.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.) they were 25th according to the final AP poll then beat

The AP Top 25 Poll

2.) they then #1 overall team in the tournament which would've boosted them into at the top 15 at the very least.

3.) All three were in the top 100 at one point in time. Last I checked they had two in the top 100. What's funny is Davidson and King look far more advanced than Reuvers.

Again, the most important factor is how they finish in the NCAA tournament. If they don't finish in the top 25 but make the elite 8 that means much more in the grand scheme of things.

I don't think they will end up as a top 25 team since they're still young but will finish the season strong. This team will turn some heads and it's fun to be under the radar because nobody expects it.

Lineup

C: Happ (NPOY candidate)
PF: Van Viliet (Dirk)
F: Kobe King ( NBA ready body and potential freshman of the year in the BIG)
SG: Pritz (finally displaying his scoring ability with 28 points vs a pro Australia
team)
PG: Trice/Davidson: Trice is a great shooter but Davidson is a all around player but I'm not sure who gets the start here.

Backup C and PF after Charlie Thomas is weak.

So are you bitching and moaning just to bitch and moan since you don't think they're a top 25 team?

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duke's had six losing seasons since 1950 (67 years), Coach K is responsible for half of those seasons. I don't think Duke is going anywhere after K retires. They may not be on the same level as they're now, but they're going to still be a healthy program.

My apologies if you meant the referees favoring Duke will go away when K retires. I don't have an opinion on that.

5 Sweet 16's
5 Elite 8's
3 final fours
2 runner ups
0 NC's

all before Coach K started in 1980. So nearly 75% of their season didn't even have a Sweet Sixteen appearance in 30 season before coach K. They will have to prove they can actually win without coach K first with that type of history.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you bitching and moaning just to bitch and moan since you don't think they're a top 25 team?

I still think they'll finish in the top 4 in the BIG but because of a poor start they might not finish in the top 25 despite a strong finish. If they make the sweet 16 that will be about where I expect them to finish the season. Anything less than that would be under performing. National perspective seems to be we might not even make the tournament.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think they'll finish in the top 4 in the BIG but because of a poor start they might not finish in the top 25 despite a strong finish. If they make the sweet 16 that will be about where I expect them to finish the season. Anything less than that would be under performing. National perspective seems to be we might not even make the tournament.

Well, I don't think the B1G is going to be a great conference this year, so it isn't out of the question they could finish top 4, but that won't really mean all that much in the grand scheme of things, unless they do something OOC.

Wisconsin has a lot of toss up games OOC: Yale, Xavier, Baylor, Marquette, Temple, UVA, even WKU could give them issues.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 Sweet 16's
5 Elite 8's
3 final fours
2 runner ups
0 NC's

all before Coach K started in 1980. So nearly 75% of their season didn't even have a Sweet Sixteen appearance in 30 season before coach K. They will have to prove they can actually win without coach K first with that type of history.

Duke had 4 FF's before K, not 3. The same amount as Indiana had pre-1980. There were only 8 other programs that had 4+ FF's in 1980. That seems to be a pretty elite club to me.

Also, before 1975 you had to be a conference champion to make the NCAA Tournament. These are the programs/coaches that Duke had to compete with to get the bid:

Frank McGuire (UNC)
Dean Smith (UNC)
Everett Case (NCSU) << The godfather of ACC Basketball.
Norm Sloan (NCSU)
Lefty Driesell (UMD)
Bud Millikan (UMD)
Bones McKinney (WFU)
Murray Greason (WFU)
Frank McGuire, again (USCe)

Duke was great before Coach K, and they'll probably continue to be great without him.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke had 4 FF's before K, not 3. The same amount as Indiana had pre-1980. There were only 8 other programs that had 4+ FF's in 1980. That seems to be a pretty elite club to me.

Also, before 1975 you had to be a conference champion to make the NCAA Tournament. These are the programs/coaches that Duke had to compete with to get the bid:

Frank McGuire (UNC)
Dean Smith (UNC)
Everett Case (NCSU) << The godfather of ACC Basketball.
Norm Sloan (NCSU)
Lefty Driesell (UMD)
Bud Millikan (UMD)
Bones McKinney (WFU)
Murray Greason (WFU)
Frank McGuire, again (USCe)

Duke was great before Coach K, and they'll probably continue to be great without him.

Making the sweet 16 one out of every 6 years isn't a great basketball program. I mean they went 12 years without even making the NCAA tournament. That's a bad basketball team dude.

Coach K put them on the map which is why their top 10 teams and players all come from under the coach K era. The man is Duke basketball.

In the end they were bad without him minus several anomaly years. Now without him in the future you have no idea what they will be like since you don't know who the replacement will be.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making the sweet 16 one out of every 6 years isn't a great basketball program. I mean they went 12 years without even making the NCAA tournament. That's a bad basketball team dude.

Coach K put them on the map which is why their top 10 teams and players all come from under the coach K era. The man is Duke basketball.

In the end they were bad without him minus several anomaly years. Now without him in the future you have no idea what they will be like since you don't know who the replacement will be.

Did you read my post, at all? It was much tougher to make the NCAA Tournament back then, and the ACC was a monster.

A couple of additional points:

1.) I don't have a precise date, but the NCAA Tournament didn't become as big of a deal as it is now until sometime in the 1950s.
2.) I made this point before but since you completely ignored it, I'll make it again. Only the conference champion got a bid to the NCAA Tournament until 1975. From 1975 to 1980, only the top two teams from each conference got to go. Duke had to deal with UNC's Dean Smith, UNC's Frank McGuire, NCSU's Norm Sloan (aka, the guy that ENDED UCLA's national title streak), NCSU's Everett Case (the guy that practically invented basketball in the state of North Carolina). South Carolina also become a big threat when they hired McGuire in the late 60s, early 70s. Wake under Bones McKinney and Murray Greason were a threat as well. Maryland had Bud McKillian, who was solid.
3.) Pre-K, UNC had 7 Sweet 16's, while Duke had 6. By 1980, UNC had been coached by two members of the CBB HOF (for their contributions as coaches) for a total of 30+ seasons.
4.) I'm not debating that Duke, pre-K, is the Duke of today. My entire argument is that Duke has legitimately always been good at basketball, with the exception of the early 70s. Expecting them to go away once K retires is quite naive.