• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Va Tech basketball

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow I missed this but Jarrell Eddie got a call up to the Atlanta Hawks a week back and signed a 10 day contract. Unfortunately, Atlanta won't be signing his 2nd 10-day deal so he's going back to the D-League. He never entered a game while on the main roster. But hey, he made it to the NBA!

Our other NBA Hokie, Erick Green has actually been getting some playing time since Denver fired its coach a couple of weeks back. He's playing about 10 mins a game and getting around 4 pts and 1 ast.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow I missed this but Jarrell Eddie got a call up to the Atlanta Hawks a week back and signed a 10 day contract. Unfortunately, Atlanta won't be signing his 2nd 10-day deal so he's going back to the D-League. He never entered a game while on the main roster. But hey, he made it to the NBA!

Our other NBA Hokie, Erick Green has actually been getting some playing time since Denver fired its coach a couple of weeks back. He's playing about 10 mins a game and getting around 4 pts and 1 ast.
I'll be honest, I didn't think Jarrell Eddie had a good enough all around game to even sniff being a SF in the NBA. Good for him.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be honest, I didn't think Jarrell Eddie had a good enough all around game to even sniff being a SF in the NBA. Good for him.

You're not alone. I'm totally surprised by it too.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buzz is doing commentary for the tournament again this year. He doesn't have any VT colors on or a VT pin though. Guess that means he's headed to Texas when they fire Rick Barnes in a few days.*

(A joke...maybe)

hokiecat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Smith and he made some big shots but he is not a big loss. The Hokies were overloaded at guard and Seth Allen will be eligible to play next season. We desperately need more bigs (and probably won't play a PG at the 4 or 5 next season) so this just helps free up a log jam.

And as I saw on TKP, cue the Mike Thorne Jr rumors in 3...2...1...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith was fun to watch and literally won us a few games in his tenure. Thanks for all the hard work. But at least the transfer is at a spot where we aren't hurting for talent. This just opens up more time for Allen, Hudson, and Bibbs not to mention the incoming freshman guards. And now we have an open scholly to fill on a front court player. Thorne is one of them and I've read some rumors that John Brown from High Point might be a target as well. He's 6'8 to 6'9 and averaged roughly 18pts and 7rebs in all 3 of his previous years.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold on tight. With Tennessee dumping their coach and Texas getting ready to fire Barnes, the Buzz Williams to X School rumor mill is starting up. Most of what I've seen so far is just fan hopes but Jeff Goodman of ESPN seems to think Buzz will absolutely go to Texas if called, but that seems more like his opinion than any sources right now

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were Texas, I'd go after Gregg Marshall long before Buzz.

I can understand if Buzz would go to Texas if they call bc of his ties, but Texas doesn't exactly seem like they're ever in need of guys with Texas ties. They're going to go after whomever they want, regardless of whether or not they're from Texas

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As expected, Barnes just got canned. Scanning reporters, the consensus seems to be Marshall and Smart are their top 2 targets. But if they both turn Texas down, we might be in considerable danger of losing Buzz

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never blamed him too much for overlooking Steph considering no other school game him a serious look. But I was always a little miffed that Seth seemed like he wasn't really interested in paying any attention to him. I mean Dell Curry is our most famous bball alum. It just felt like more courtesy should have been shown there and a better relationship with the program in general. Like if he and the program showed more respect for Dell and had a relationship, maybe we would have seen more of Steph and it would have been more convincing to get a scholarship or maybe he would have been ok with a 1 year walk on role his freshman year before getting a scholly.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never blamed him too much for overlooking Steph considering no other school game him a serious look. But I was always a little miffed that Seth seemed like he wasn't really interested in paying any attention to him. I mean Dell Curry is our most famous bball alum. It just felt like more courtesy should have been shown there and a better relationship with the program in general. Like if he and the program showed more respect for Dell and had a relationship, maybe we would have seen more of Steph and it would have been more convincing to get a scholarship or maybe he would have been ok with a 1 year walk on role his freshman year before getting a scholly.
After watching the video, it seemed like we gave him a lot of attention and offered him a walk on spot on the team. He just wanted a scholarship offer.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas just hired Smart. Barnes went to Tenn. Looks like we're safe with Buzz for now. Though if Billy Donovan leaves UF for the NBA, things might start up again.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recruiting period is open again. No solid guys yet but scanning all the sites it looks like Buzz is focusing a lot on JUCO guys.