• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Va Tech basketball

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that many assistants are leaving, it's a lot more than just better pay. The writing is on the wall. Greenberg is probably done after this year if there's no improvement. But then again, I don't really care all that much that the assistants left. They're just as much responsible for the lack of improvement and consistency as Greenberg is. Maybe some new guys will come in that can actually bring some life to a totally stagnant offense.

And in not so shocking news, Alex Oriakhi didn't choose us. He went to Mizzou.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ummmm,

I'm in favor of giving Greenberg another year, but he needs assistants (assistance?)

Also, Weaver and Greenberg need to get on the same page. Seems like to me that not paying assistants looked better for the program than "they just don't want to be here", which is what you get if you eliminate the pay issue. For me, that's a bad PR move.

Va Tech has some great talent, but they also need pony up with some top notch coaches.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that SMU is interviewing Larry Brown. Let's just fire Seth now and back up a dump truck full of cash to Brown's house.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found a pretty interesting website that have measurements of the height of basketball players from certain basketball camps. There happened to be a few current hokies in there. The measurments are from 2010, so they may have grown since.
Finney Smith is 6'6" without shoes, same height as Paul Piece and Jeff Allen.
Marquis Rankin is 6'0" without shoes.
Barksdale is 6'7" without shoes.

DraftExpress: Pre Draft Measurements

So it looks like the listed heights on the roster are pretty realistic because they would get an inch from shoes. Finney-Smith either grew an inch since 2010 or has really big shoes. They could have also added an inch to make him seem bigger because Greenberg planned to play him at the 4 this year.

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF, I have to have a digital membership to read Teel's crap?!?!?

had this same issue..and was informed that if you hold the esc key before that popup comes up it stops it. worked for me.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know everyone is in recruiting mode, so I was wondering if there was any info out there as it pertains to basketball. Any chances we get any more commits? Also, how is "recruiting" going in terms of filling all the coaching spots?

Also- Trez was named MVP of the capitol classic this past weekend. Seems like he'll be quite the contributor next year

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just announced that Jim Weaver has called a press conference for 4pm with no reason given. I'm posting this here cuz I don't see how it could be related to football.

I'm not gonna speculate beyond that.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just announced that Jim Weaver has called a press conference for 4pm with no reason given. I'm posting this here cuz I don't see how it could be related to football.

I'm not gonna speculate beyond that.

Interesting. Would Weaver call a press conference to announce his retirement? I haven't heard much from Seth's corner lately. This could get ugly for the basketball program if we have to start looking for a coach too! But with VCU's AD leaving for Minnesota, maybe Shaka is open hears.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Teel ‏ @DavidTeelatDP
Seth Greenberg just answered his phone with "Yes, I'm still employed." Said he has no idea what Virginia Tech press conference is about.

HokieStone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We're going to the SEC..............................................................................................................................but that was in my dream!

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of talk out there about it being Weaver.

I thought Weaver was always pretty adamant about finishing out his contract, which runs through 2015

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought Weaver was always pretty adamant about finishing out his contract, which runs through 2015

I'm sure he was, but his health has been a major concern. Not much he can do about it.