• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UW producing talent but not wins

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

never-go-full-retard.jpg

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a discussion going around that Romar's firing was racially motivated? I haven't heard a single thing in that regard.

Before Romar, UW was a decades long bottom half of the Pac program in basketball, save a couple S16s in the last 50+ years. Romar comes in and gets 3 S16s with like a half dozen conference or P12 tourney titles, and a nice crop of guys in the league. Again, compared to what Seattle was like before him, he has done very well. He's a UW guy and brought them from mediocrity to be a top-5 job in the Pac (imo).

Now, he needed to go, and he could have gone a few years ago. But that's only because he got UW to be a real contender and raised their expectations beyond him. It's a good enough job that Hopkins passed up the keys to the Carrier Dome.

Romar had a solid run but he did well enough that they realize that they could in fact be a mainstay in the top 1/3 of the Pac if they got a better coach, and they made their move to Hopkins. But they don't even sniff that realization if it weren't for Romar. He's the second winningest coach at UW behind their gym's namesake.

Aside from all that, I missed the racist conspiracy against Romar's firing.
Dude's an idiot, that post reads like he's not even aware Romar has been replaced.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would anyone pay any attention to someone with a known ax to grind over any/all things Seattle sports related? Wisky fans don't much care for the REAL UW and Green Bay fans in general don't like Seahawks fans. Their issues are all over this site on the NFL boards. I mean the 'fail mary' was all our faults right? :L
Trolling up on team boards shouldn't be a shock.