• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UW @ Ducks

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well have a thread to talk about the upcoming game.

Very early line opened at as low as -6.5 and offshore books went as high as -10 before settling back in around -8 to -8.5. The streak is clearly impacting the line because if it was just based purely off of the play of both on a neutral site that line would be more than 2 TD's.

Game is at 6:30pm (yes pacific you fucks from the east coast. We don't care about your zones) and is once again on Pac12N so again a big fuck you to anyone that doesn't have that network which means once again almost no one on the east coast is going to be able to see it.

PAC-12 Network Live
Link for those that need a stream that do not have a cable provider account to use for access. Pretty stable and reasonable quality stream.

I haven't seen any injury reports yet, but I'm unaware of anyone being out for UW. If anyone has word on the ducks health drop it in this thread.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how you all feel about this game, but I'm both excited and nervous at the same time. There is a lot more than the standings riding on it and that's a hell of a desperate team you are going into their house to face. On paper this should be a really good day for the purple and gold, but weird shit happens in rivalry games and against desperate teams.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how you all feel about this game, but I'm both excited and nervous at the same time. There is a lot more than the standings riding on it and that's a hell of a desperate team you are going into their house to face. On paper this should be a really good day for the purple and gold, but weird shit happens in rivalry games and against desperate teams.
Isn't it great to be nervous for games again though?

There's some concerning factors for sure. We've already discussed them a bit, and I'm sure will continue to in here. But we should, in theory, shred their defense. They just gave up 200+ yards on the ground to a team who likes to make a point of avoiding rushing for christ sakes. They can still move the ball, but their offense is a shell of what we've been used to. It seems like they're what they were last year when Adams was out. They look to be way easier to slow down, if things aren't clicking they take their time, I noticed watching the WSU game. And seeing how WSU's defensive front was able to get in the backfield somewhat consistently got me all tingly.

All that said, not even considering the other factors of potential let down game on the road, huge mental hurdle of the last 12 years and all that, they're not a bad team. Not as bad as we like to say when we mess with OD anyway. I'm not sold that they are anyway. Whether they're just not bad, or good, or somewhere in between, I don't know. But the Dawgs better be prepared for them...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the things I worry about are:
Second road game with their first being full of errors that nearly cost them.
Emotions on both sides. Ducks desperate and yet confident with that streak while some of ours could be a bit too anxious to want to do more than their job to help end it. Need to just do your job and stay within yourself. Hard in that stadium with all that is on the line.
Young team not used to winning and the spotlight. New pressure and new challenges. Top 5 team within striking distance of the playoffs for shit sakes. That's just crazy. Imagine playing with that new pressure.
Just the normal rivalry factor. Crazy stuff always seems to happen. Weird bounce. Pac12 refs. Strange injury.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly writing off with what happened in Arizona, I think the coaches have made adjustments and it showed Friday night....

But at the same time I'm nervous as well, would love it to be a cake walk and they go in there and stomp the living shit out of them, but reality is this might go to the wire, there O is scoring its there defense that isn't so hot...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly writing off with what happened in Arizona, I think the coaches have made adjustments and it showed Friday night....

But at the same time I'm nervous as well, would love it to be a cake walk and they go in there and stomp the living shit out of them, but reality is this might go to the wire, there O is scoring its there defense that isn't so hot...
You can possibly dismiss a few elements of that game, but not all of it. Maybe some of the mistakes.

I generally boil down college football to 3 things: Match ups, emotions, and skill players.

In the zona game they had a match up and emotions problem. Road game, players trying to do too much, a team they hadn't beaten in their house in over a decade and UW struggled on defense with not being able to substitute because of the HUNH. They had match up issues with zona's running game.

This coming game has a lot of similarity. Road game against a team you haven't beaten in forever that plays the HUNH better than zona does and has more speed and will run more outside plays with a better running back in Freeman.

I can see UW getting into the backfield and getting some hurries/sacks/losses for yards, but I can also see them giving up a few big gash plays to Freeman. Oregon is NOT going to be held to single digit scoring.

Trust me, I'm licking my chops as much as everyone else with anticipation of seeing Browning going against that defense. I really don't think they can shut them down. At all. So my only real concern on that side is injuries and self inflicted wounds like fumbles, holding/false starts, etc. Just secure the ball and you are going to score on that defense all damned day. And everyone knows it.

So yeah, I'm nervous for sure. The emotions are going to be key and that's a very desperate team you are going against while also learning on the fly how to handle the pressure of being a top 5 team on the road against a team you haven't beaten recently. But mince no words here. There is zero chance Oregon does one of their pull away at the end kind of blow outs. That's entirely off the table. Period. Either they win a close game because of us beating ourselves with the weight of the moment, or UW takes care of business. I wouldn't rule out UW blowing their doors off, but it would require their team quitting at some point IMO, just like they did against the cougs.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it. I'm done being worried about this game. It's up to the coaches and players to be ready and know what they need to do to win. I'm gonna kick back and say, if Colorado can go in there and beat those bitches with their backup QB, our guys sure as hell can, and should, and probably will. :martini:

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if they do go in there and take care of their shit, it removes any remaining doubts I have about if they're a legit top team or not.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if they do go in there and take care of their shit, it removes any remaining doubts I have about if they're a legit top team or not.

It's one week at a time one game at a time, it will all work out and then we can all eat crow for our predictions for this season!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to make a score prediction right now I'd go UW 38 Ducks 25. The over/under is 68 so I'm taking the under, but no I wouldn't actually bet on that lol. UW's offense is better than 38, but the rivalry and road game will lead to a couple of stops that have nothing to do with Oregon's defense.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petersen not allowing ANY media contact with any of his players this week. Says it's not about Oregon, but they have a lot on their plate. BS, it's about Oregon. Doubt he is worried they will say something wrong, just doesn't want them all to be asked about it. Wants their heads on the things they are working on, not the needs of the fans over this stupid streak.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Greatwood says Oregon Ducks football dominance against Washington Huskies will continue this week
Ducks coaches not taking the same approach as UW. No problem coming out and saying streak WILL continue.

Good
Petersen not allowing ANY media contact with any of his players this week. Says it's not about Oregon, but they have a lot on their plate. BS, it's about Oregon. Doubt he is worried they will say something wrong, just doesn't want them all to be asked about it. Wants their heads on the things they are working on, not the needs of the fans over this stupid streak.

And good.

And I really don't think it is about Oregon, as far as Petersen's concerned anyway. He's downplayed the rivalry thing every year now. I don't mind that approach.

Obviously it's about Oregon for us, but the last 12 years isn't on these guys. If they want to take the 'just another game, we'll be ready' approach I'm good with that. Im also good with letting the Oregon staff do the talking, what a dumb thing to say when you're about to face a physical team who might need a little extra nudge to really get up for the game after a big weekend.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good

And good.

And I really don't think it is about Oregon, as far as Petersen's concerned anyway. He's downplayed the rivalry thing every year now. I don't mind that approach.

Obviously it's about Oregon for us, but the last 12 years isn't on these guys. If they want to take the 'just another game, we'll be ready' approach I'm good with that. Im also good with letting the Oregon staff do the talking, what a dumb thing to say when you're about to face a physical team who might need a little extra nudge to really get up for the game after a big weekend.
Edit: I get it, not letting them talk to the media is not about oregon... yeah, that's BS...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been looking at a bit of film on the ducks since I've missed so many of their games and I'm changing my mind after seeing it. I honestly see no way they can win this game.

If you look from position to position the only slot they hold the advantage is RB. Not just freeman, but Griffin and at least one other as well. But that's it. Their O line is super young and do not appear to work as a unit in either run or pass blocking. They do not appear to do either with any kind of consistency. Prukop is ok, but middle of the Pac at the most and this new kid? :noidea: but I assure you he isn't going to be as solid as Browning will be. WR's? Last year that was Oregon, this year with Ross and Pettis looking so damned good it's way in our favor.

But let's talk about the key here. I still think Oregon is talented enough and Freeman dangerous enough that they will score and get some explosive plays. Yet you look at that defense and man oh man Tedford and Smith must be just salivating massively. Guys, I'm not going to sugar coat this. Oregon's defensive line is horrible. Worse than horrible. They look tall and appear to have some level of athleticism, but their technique is very bad. They can't get off blocks at all. I see Browning having all day in that pocket and we have seen since the second half of last year that if you can't get to him he's going to shred you. Get to the second level and their top LB just went out for the rest of the season on top of their other injuries.

I see two outcome possibilities in this game: UW starts out slow and makes a few turnovers early or other mistakes and ends up winning by 10 or so, or they get it rolling and this is a complete bloodbath.

I never say never, but UW would need the worst meltdown they have had since the 0-12 season to lose this game and I honestly feel that 100% after looking at tape of both teams.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington's defense has to do a better job than they did at Zona. If they can jump on Oregon early they can take the crowd out of it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington's defense has to do a better job than they did at Zona. If they can jump on Oregon early they can take the crowd out of it.
Welcome to the board man. As a hawks fan go check in on the seahawks board. Very active poster group there. We have a few dawgs around here, but mostly we chat on the Pac12 thread in the college football board.

Pull up a chair and enjoy the ride. Hell of a time to join the community.

:suds:

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the board man. As a hawks fan go check in on the seahawks board. Very active poster group there. We have a few dawgs around here, but mostly we chat on the Pac12 thread in the college football board.

Pull up a chair and enjoy the ride. Hell of a time to join the community.

:suds:
Thank you and will do. :)

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few quick housekeeping notes -

The 2280 tickets alloted offically for UW sold out before Wednesday and fans are snatching up tickets on the secondary market. Guaranteed to be the largest dawg pack there in a decade. At least 1k seats still available online right now. Expect empty seats and lots of purple as duck fans appear to not be interested in watching the streak end live.

Jake Hanson says Justin Herbert is slated to start at quarterback
About the QB battle. Their center says it will be Herbert.

Ted Miller chimes in on the game and how Oregon should react after it loses it.
It never rains at Autzen Stadium? It doesn't feel that way right now