• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UVA Baseball 2012

Boss Sarge

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This years rankings are out. UVA comes in at 17th, one of six ACC teams ranked to start the season. After finishing the season ranked 4th to start the season ranked 17th will come to a surprise to some UVA fans, but me personally cant see how we are even ranked? We lost way to much from last year to predict that the remaining team will be able to play at a high level all year. I can promise you will see new face with loads of talent but still too young this year.

NCAA College Rankings and Polls - ESPN

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we shouldnt be ranked. The talent is really going to be lacking this year, a lot of young guys are going to get plenty of playing time. I will be happy with just making the NCAA this year, can't really ask for much more than that.

I think that BOC has built UVa up so that now we are getting ranked just on name recognition.

Boss Sarge

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
True it has but there is nothing wrong with that. BOC will really be tested this year in trying to develop these young players. We have some very talented freshman and lost out on two that opted for the majors instead of UVA. One that did decide to come, Derek Fisher, is a beast he is gonna rake his whole career. Also Joel Effertz, a one time Arizona Wildcat pitcher will be one to watch. He is transferring from a technical community college out west and this will his junior year. I fully expect him to be a reliable starter this season.