• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Utah Jazz at OKC Game Day Thread

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't be able to watch the game, but since I am starting the thread, I thought I would add something:
CAN WESTBROOK END DROUGHT VS. JAZZ?
Russell Westbrook has played 27 career games against the Jazz without recording a triple-double, tied for his most games against an opponent without accomplishing the feat. Utah, with the league's second-most efficient defense, hosts the Thunder on Monday. (ESPN Stats & Info)

My answer is yes. I believe he will get a triple double. I am impressed with his triple doubles this year but I'm not impressed with the shooting percentage of 39.2%. I do think his assists stem largely due to touching the ball nearly every time, but any time you average as much as he does, I think it is appropriate to recognize the skill, the system, maybe the vision, etc. I also think that if he were better at recognizing a good shot versus a bad shot, his preset go out and his assist go up, but it is hard to try to take away one aspect of your game and add to the other without detracting somewhere.

They lost by 22 points to the Clippers and then 21 to Golden State, but I don't think the trend will continue with a 20 point loss to the Jazz. I'm just hoping to win on the road.

By the way, I was right: I did add something to the thread. ;)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't be able to watch the game, but since I am starting the thread, I thought I would add something:

My answer is yes. I believe he will get a triple double. I am impressed with his triple doubles this year but I'm not impressed with the shooting percentage of 39.2%. I do think his assists stem largely due to touching the ball nearly every time, but any time you average as much as he does, I think it is appropriate to recognize the skill, the system, maybe the vision, etc. I also think that if he were better at recognizing a good shot versus a bad shot, his preset go out and his assist go up, but it is hard to try to take away one aspect of your game and add to the other without detracting somewhere.

They lost by 22 points to the Clippers and then 21 to Golden State, but I don't think the trend will continue with a 20 point loss to the Jazz. I'm just hoping to win on the road.

By the way, I was right: I did add something to the thread. ;)

I'm more impressed with his rebounding than his assists. I can't think of any other guard other than Robertson to average more than an integer starting with 7 rebounds per game.

I don't know if Durant's departure contributed to his +2.8 rebound per game over last year. I don't have a good explanation.

I wish either his FG% went up, or his turnovers down. I know asking for both to improve is asking a lot of any player. But I wish he was more efficient. He might not be top 5 in my MVP because of the inefficiency.

Lebron James, Kawhi Leonard, and Anthony Davis were in my top 3 in some order. Marc Gasol, Kyle Lowry, and Chris Paul were also in the mix, but would probably drop out of being in the mix by the season's end due to various reasons.

It's also disappointing Westbrook's steals went down.

Wow, they only started tracking steals in Robertson's last season, 1973-1974.

If Westbrook could get 2.2+ steals, that would bump him up again.

This is a weak year for steals. Not one has a good average.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook would probably have the most trouble with getting double digit rebounds against the Jazz.

Oh, I didn't realize the game was on Monday.

I had thought about getting League Pass's 1/2 season pricing, but haven't done so yet.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more impressed with his rebounding than his assists. I can't think of any other guard other than Robertson to average more than an integer starting with 7 rebounds per game.

I don't know if Durant's departure contributed to his +2.8 rebound per game over last year. I don't have a good explanation.

I wish either his FG% went up, or his turnovers down. I know asking for both to improve is asking a lot of any player. But I wish he was more efficient. He might not be top 5 in my MVP because of the inefficiency.

Lebron James, Kawhi Leonard, and Anthony Davis were in my top 3 in some order. Marc Gasol, Kyle Lowry, and Chris Paul were also in the mix, but would probably drop out of being in the mix by the season's end due to various reasons.

It's also disappointing Westbrook's steals went down.

Wow, they only started tracking steals in Robertson's last season, 1973-1974.

If Westbrook could get 2.2+ steals, that would bump him up again.

This is a weak year for steals. Not one has a good average.

Fat Lever - Wikipedia

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never felt like Fat got the credit for chasing the triple double he deserved.

Alerting people in this thread, especially for his rebounding, is a good way to give him more credit. ;)