• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USMNT 2018 World Cup

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This actually makes me even madder. Panama's first goal was an egregious miss by the ref. Now the US has a "conspiracy" that they can use to justify keeping the assholes that dug this team's grave around for another cycle. Panama's equalizer is at about the one minute mark.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to recall everyone and their brother complaining that Jurgen was focusing too much on the Euro players and not enough on the domestic players. Now that we're focusing on the domestic players, everyone and their brother is bitching we're not focusing on the Euro players. Make up your fucking minds!! Jeez...

lol. who said that shit.

someone delete this entire thread.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't think MLS has blame in this, get out. You don't know jack shit about soccer. The entire US Federation is set up to boost MLS. Their relationship is pure cronyism to enrich themselves. It's never been about developing talent, its about propping up MLS and getting rich. No where in the US system from the academies to how MLS is structured forces player development and competition. It's why all our best players go to Europe (like the always have) and why Klinnsman said countless times the system needed to be re-structured (and he was met with resistance by said cronies). Say what you want about Jurgen tactically as a manager, but his vision for the program was 100% correct.

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The irony is not lost on me that it was us scoring 2 goals after the 90th minute 4 years ago in the final WCQ match that eliminated Panama, and tonight it was a late Panama goal that eliminated us.

Honestly, I'm not even surprised we missed out on qualifying. We'd struggled more than we should have to even make it to the Hex (halfway through the previous round of qualifying we were out, including a 0-0 draw in Trinidad & Tobago).

I'd say the groundwork for what happened tonight took place at least as far back as the 2015 Gold Cup (and it may even go farther back), when JK took our A team to try to avoid the Confederations Cup playoff only to lose to Jamaica in the semifinals, instead of bringing some of the kids he was going to need to play important roles in WCQ to help them get their feet wet in international play. JK essentially staked his job on winning that tournament and didn't, but for some inexplicable reason he was given a reprieve and allowed to continue managing into WCQ.

I'm not absolving the MLS and US Soccer for their parts in this debacle, because our best players absolutely should be playing against stronger opposition than the MLS currently provides.

Let's also not ignore the damage tonight does to the 2026 bid. It would not surprise me if UEFA takes advantage of this and tries to pull together a bid with some consortium of: England, Spain, Germany, Italy, and France (probably involving about 3 of those nations) to try to bring the WC back to Europe.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if it had been ONLY Trinidad or ONLY Tobago. But faced with the combined might of these two footballing colossi the USMNT could not help but fold meekly under the onslaught.

-Dr Bill

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to recall everyone and their brother complaining that Jurgen was focusing too much on the Euro players and not enough on the domestic players. Now that we're focusing on the domestic players, everyone and their brother is bitching we're not focusing on the Euro players. Make up your fucking minds!! Jeez...
No, our players need to play professionally in europe, in bundesliga ( Pulisic at Dortmund, wood at Hannover) like Howard at Everton. We have 3 under 22 guys in the EPL right now, that’s good they need to be the future. Playing your profession ball in the MLS will not grow your game. The speed, pace, power of ball in Europe far out matches soccer in the summertime.

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to beat a dead horse here, but the answer is simple, dudes in Europe. For instance, Yedlin plays for Newcastle under manager Rafa Benitez. A coach who won a UEFA championship. What he is gaining just in practice will be critical to his development. He then goes out and plays in the best league in the world trying to defend the best attacking players in the world. The MLS can’t offer that to our players. Pulsisic and Wood playing in Germany. We have Gooch, terrible name playing at Sunderland. Hyndman, 21, at Bournemouth. These dudes are the future, they are getting top quality instruction just in practice, let alone the chances they get to play.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will make us all feel better :facepalm3:

wait they called that a goal?!?! Or are you just pointing out this play resulted in a PK?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow soccer closely, but this is a great fucking rant right here.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this sucks. the only reason to care about soccer in this country is team USA making it to the WC.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this sucks. the only reason to care about soccer in this country is team USA making it to the WC.
I agree. And we can't even make it through qualifiers. That's just sad.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep I feel bad for all those fans who usually only watch soccer once every 4 years during the WC. Doesn't bother someone like myself that much for 2 reasons.

1) I watch soccer a lot. Was watching the WC with or without team USA

2) Based on what I've seen from this team for the last several months, they would have gotten embarrassed in the World Cup. Probably wouldn't have won a game

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a NIT for soccer?

Maybe we can qualify for that.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep I feel bad for all those fans who usually only watch soccer once every 4 years during the WC. Doesn't bother someone like myself that much for 2 reasons.

1) I watch soccer a lot. Was watching the WC with or without team USA

2) Based on what I've seen from this team for the last several months, they would have gotten embarrassed in the World Cup. Probably wouldn't have won a game
it just goes to show how little we "care" as a country. we cant field a decent team from this giant population, even with loopholes to get guys from other countries on the roster.