• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USA Today predicts us 5-11

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is, for the last two years I have been told Cousins is a product of the players around him. So if thats the case, our offense should plummet.

Sound accurate?

I mean...he was in arguably the best situation for a qb the past 2 years...that doesn't mean his situation this year won't also be excellent...

Last edited:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things I have got such a big kick out of is how the ABCers change the benchmark to fit their latest post. It is okay to not like the guy. Just grow a pair and admit and quit dancing all around your real reasons whatever they are.
Maybe some people do move the goalposts but some of it is valid. I know I've been accused of moving the goalposts for moving from saying well he has a historically bad int rate to saying he has a lot of help in the offense. That isn't moving the goalposts it's just true. Just because one criticism was the main problem doesn't mean the other criticisms weren't there and aren't still valid points.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...he was in arguably the best situation for a qb the past 2 years...that doesn't mean his situation this won't also be excellent...

And thats why the term ABC fan originated. Its as if you are hinting that any one could have done it with the players we had, and thus Cousins was just along for the ride.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And thats why the term ABC fan originated. Its as if you are hinting that any one could have done it with the players we had, and thus Cousins was just along for the ride.

No its really not. At all. That's just a reach by you to paint some people as haters. I didn't come remotely close to saying anybody could have done what he did it. That's just complete bullshit and you know it (or you're a lot less smart than I thought).

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No its really not. At all. That's just a reach by you to paint some people as haters. I didn't come remotely close to saying anybody could have done what he did it. That's just complete bullshit and you know it (or you're a lot less smart than I thought).

Thus the phrase Its as if you are hinting that any one could have done it with the players we had

And come on, its not like this argument has not been made, that we would be fine with any one starting because Kirk isnt really anything special.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...he was in arguably the best situation for a qb the past 2 years...that doesn't mean his situation this year won't also be excellent...

Really? He didn't have a number one WR. He didn't have a go to guy when you have to have a play. He had zero size to throw to. His line was considered by many awful until he got in there. He had no running game to help him.

Perhaps, PG was helped by having a QB that could get rid of the ball on time and trusted him to be there. Perhaps DJ was helped by having a QB not lead him into bad situation, exposing DJ to injury. Perhaps the OL was helped by a guy who gets rid of the ball incredibly quick and on time.

Before KC, we were talking about getting rid of PG because he was about to get a big pay day and wasn't worth the last year of his contract.

Before KC, we were talking about DJ leaving because he wasn't living up to his contract.

Now, those two WRs made KC what he is?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thus the phrase Its as if you are hinting that any one could have done it with the players we had

And come on, its not like this argument has not been made, that we would be fine with any one starting because Kirk isnt really anything special.

Right. That phrase is BS.

I'm not sure anybody thinks that anybody could do what he did. There's certainly debate about who could though. But you know I don't think anybody could and since your post was addressed to me...

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. That phrase is BS.

I'm not sure anybody thinks that anybody could do what he did. There's certainly debate about who could though. But you know I don't think anybody could and since your post was addressed to me...

Fair enough. But I will say that Kirk might be in arguably one of the worst positions for a QB in the NFL. A front office that only believes in him enough to try and make him expendable. A portion of the fan base that does think we would be better off with some one( any one) else. And while he is a well paid rental this year, he is basically auditioning for the rest of the league.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? He didn't have a number one WR. He didn't have a go to guy when you have to have a play. He had zero size to throw to. His line was considered by many awful until he got in there. He had no running game to help him.

Perhaps, PG was helped by having a QB that could get rid of the ball on time and trusted him to be there. Perhaps DJ was helped by having a QB not lead him into bad situation, exposing DJ to injury. Perhaps the OL was helped by a guy who gets rid of the ball incredibly quick and on time.

Before KC, we were talking about getting rid of PG because he was about to get a big pay day and wasn't worth the last year of his contract.

Before KC, we were talking about DJ leaving because he wasn't living up to his contract.

Now, those two WRs made KC what he is?

Let me ask.....didn't those changes also coincide with the hiring of Gruden? I really don't believe that our HC gets as much credit as he deserves in all of this.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask.....didn't those changes also coincide with the hiring of Gruden? I really don't believe that our HC gets as much credit as he deserves in all of this.

I am a Gruden fan, just as I was a fan of Kyle Shanahan. Both are very good, young offensive minds.

Not everybody excels in every offense. Your boy RG3 sucked in this offense and that is why he is gone.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of like to follow trends.

That said, in the last two years we've posted records of 9-7 and 8-7-1. To me that puts us on a path that see us posting a record at worse at 7-9 and at best 10-6, depending on (R-L or L-R how you want to read it.

BTW: We, of the nearly forgotten, "Kirk is what he is" group are charging both sides with moving the goalposts. Thing is it a fair thing to do for those who want to support their ideas about him. Can he get better? Yep, but I can win the power ball too. Does he require help, a system that works for him and players that make him look good? Yep, What QB doesn't? It is after all... it is the most dependent position in the game, right?

Kirk is going to do what he's already done, and that ain't bad. Barring injury, I don't see him stepping up nor stepping back, but I have to be consistent, whatever he does, will be totally dependent upon what everyone else does to make this work or not.

Is it possible to agree to stop entering postings, or asking questions that are predicated upon using singular tenses?

EX: How many games will "he" win?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a Gruden fan, just as I was a fan of Kyle Shanahan. Both are very good, young offensive minds.

Not everybody excels in every offense. Your boy RG3 sucked in this offense and that is why he is gone.

Agreed....Not my boy though, I stand behind the colors. You and a couple of others DO seem to have an problem letting go though. Come on, sit up straight, take a deep breath, allow for a good cry if it helps, then repeat...."He's gone, I must let go"......"He's gone, I must let go"....."he's gone, I must let go."

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't laughable. It isn't because PG and DJ were great. It is because they were where they were supposed to be in a timing offense.

I meant laughable that they gave us a 5-11 record. I think Pryor will have a big year for us.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't laughable to me. I can see it happening.

7-9 to me is more realistic on the pessimistic end. I too can see 5-11 happening though. We all hope for the best but anyone who honestly says that they can't see it, aren't really looking. Man, this crap is depressing, if I were a toker, I'd be twisting up a fat one right now.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't looked at the USA article but if the writer is implying that a 5-11 record means we will finish last --
then i disagree. I do believe injuries, suspensions and odd record keeping of stats will work in our favor.
I still believe the pass rush is the key to our postseason aspirations. The defense must help the offense finish games. There were also some valid points about the WR core having to get their timing done.
Hopefully Ryan Grant never sees the field. On the flip side, I could picture Pryor jr. making that catch that got picked off by NYG that garcon missed.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand I can also see us winning 9-10 games and failing to make the playoffs. Again this is going to be one tough assed division, as it historically had been and currently seems to be. There are only two wildcard spots and for those teams that aren't going to be Division winners the fight for them is going to be fierce.

SN: It's been done before in the league (10 wins and no playoff spot)

Fact or Fiction? An 11-5 team has missed the playoffs ...
www.profootballhof.com/...fiction-an-11-5-team-has-missed-the-playoffs

Last edited:

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand I can also see us winning 9-10 games and failing to make the playoffs. Again this is going to be one tough assed division, as it historically had been and currently seems to be. There are only two wildcard spots and for those teams that aren't going to be Division winners the fight for them is going to be fierce.

SN: It's been done before in the league (10 wins and no playoff spot)

Fact or Fiction? An 11-5 team has missed the playoffs ...
www.profootballhof.com/...fiction-an-11-5-team-has-missed-the-playoffs

I will disagree "IF" we win 10 games, although you've provided evidence a double digit win season can still mean you're watching the playoffs from home. looking at last year, if we win 10 games(which we should have) we easily get the wildcard spot. I see that scenario again, with Detroit missing this year and two teams from the NFC South getting in. Looking at the schedule, 10 wins is very doable. sweep the eagles, split the rest of the division and get a big win over arizona....everything else should fall to 10-6

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will disagree "IF" we win 10 games, although you've provided evidence a double digit win season can still mean you're watching the playoffs from home. looking at last year, if we win 10 games(which we should have) we easily get the wildcard spot. I see that scenario again, with Detroit missing this year and two teams from the NFC South getting in. Looking at the schedule, 10 wins is very doable. sweep the eagles, split the rest of the division and get a big win over arizona....everything else should fall to 10-6

Yep you're right, I just thought it proper to remind everyone that anything is possible form 0-16 to 16-0. So to be fair these are the teams that have made the playoffs with 8-8 records or worse since 2004.

2004 Minnesota Vikings 8-8

2004 St. Louis Rams 8-8

2006 NY Giants 8-8

2008–09 San Diego Chargers 8–8

2010–11 Seattle Seahawks 7–9

2011–12 Denver Broncos 8–8

2014–15 Carolina Panthers 7–8-1

Source: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/