• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

US Open Thoughts

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, we are through the first few days of the US Open, so i'd though i'd give some thoughts.

- Novak Djokovic is doing really well. More importantly, he is winning matches quickly, minimizing the amount of time he has to play with that sore shoulder. He is looking like the favorite now.

- Nadal looked terrible in his first match, continuing a trend that has been going on since he struggled through much of his victorious French Open campaign. He has a really nice quarter, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets taken out rather easily in his semi.

- Federer is making dumb errors, but his serve has looked untouchable. I can't imagine him going out before a loss to Fish or Tsonga in the quarters, and if he keeps serving at 70%, he has a decent chance to win this thing.

- If Andy Murray wants to win a slam, this is looking like his best chance. With Soderling's withdrawal, his quarter is really easy, and he will likely play a very beatable Nadal in the semis. He may never get a better chance to win a major.

- Berdych has looked really, really good. When that forehand works, it is a thing of beauty, and it is working now. He should roll into the quarters against Djokovic, where he'll be the underdog but have a fighting chance.

- Fish and Tsonga look solid, and they look primed to meet in a huge 4th round matchup.

- American John Isner is playing well, and looks set up to make the quarters after Soderling's withdrawal. His competition will probably be Juan Martin Del Potro.

- Big servers are doing really, from guys like Federer and Tsonga, to youngsters like Vasek Pospisil, and the tall super-servers like Karlovic, Cilic, Anderson and Isner. This tournament is really starting to feel like a throwback to the Sampras days. Don't be surprised if the big servers continue to pull more upsets than normal.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't disagree with any of that. Djokovic is incredible right now...must be that oxygen egg he sits in!

cvacpodx-large.jpg

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the Women's side it's Serena's tournament to lose. The only way she doesn't win the tournament is if she chokes.

I think Djokovic will win the tournament on the men's side.

Does anyone else think Sam Stosur looks like a man?