• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

US Open Series Thread

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nole needs to pick it up or this will get away from him
pretty sure that's not the plan for him.

he's going for very low % shots anytime he has to run more than a couple of steps.

won't be doing that at the open.

i'm happy for fed doing well this week, but that backhand is going to break down fast at the open when he faces a quality opponent.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty sure that's not the plan for him.

he's going for very low % shots anytime he has to run more than a couple of steps.

won't be doing that at the open.

i'm happy for fed doing well this week, but that backhand is going to break down fast at the open when he faces a quality opponent.

I think Fed has a chance though. His serve is improved which makes it difficult to break him. Still moves well too. Open is his second best chance to win a major and almost as good as wimbledon.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fed has a chance though. His serve is improved which makes it difficult to break him. Still moves well too. Open is his second best chance to win a major and almost as good as wimbledon.

there's a reason he hasn't even made the final at the us open or aussie open in almost 6 years. best of 5 against anybody who can hit with heavy topspin to the ad side on a hard court and defend well is bad for fed because the backhand will always break down when he's having to hit balls up around his ears for 3, 4, or 5 sets.

the ball stays nice and low at wimbledon, so he doesn't have to hit those high backhands all the time. the backhand still breaks down, it just takes a little longer, as nole has shown for the past 2 years.

no way his chances at the us open are almost as good as wimbledon. the last time he even got to a 5th set in a semifinal at the us open was in 2011, which he lost.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ATP says they blocked 2 of the 3 videos (the 1st and 3rd) in all countries. But I can still play them.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3