• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Urrutia called up

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who will go down?Dickerson, Flaherty, Reimold?:noidea::noidea::scratch::scratch:

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also agreed to terms with Cuban outfielder Dariel Alvarez who was fairly sought after by a number of teams. He seems similar to Urrutia with maybe more athletic ability.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with valencia also getting the call nolan is one of them . henry would be most likely dickerson . the way the o's don't want to lose players would mean ryan

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The natural choice would be Reimold for two reasons:

1. Same position (DH/LF)
2. Reimold hasn't been hitting much.

Mr. Oriole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reimold to the DL...having problems with his neck again. What a shame. That is why Valencia is being called up.

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reimold should just retire...

we're getting nothing in return for our patience...he obviously doesnt have the body or luck to last a full 162...and is now a waste of a spot

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the Rangers are about to pick up Garza. What are the O's going to do? Does DD really think the rotation of Chen, Feldman, Miggy, Tillman & Hammel will compete for the division? With no real protection behind Davis (whom teams will pitch around now), does DD really think we can compete for a playoff spot let alone the division?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the Rangers are about to pick up Garza. What are the O's going to do? Does DD really think the rotation of Chen, Feldman, Miggy, Tillman & Hammel will compete for the division? With no real protection behind Davis (whom teams will pitch around now), does DD really think we can compete for a playoff spot let alone the division?

I think Duquette is waiting to see if the rest of the AL East makes any moves. If no one else does anything, then I think we will sit quietly, but if Boston and the Skanks start making moves, then I think we will be right in the mix of things as well. I'm curious as to what the Astros want for Bud Norris. I think this kid has a ton of talent.

dandydOnS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reimold should just retire...

we're getting nothing in return for our patience...he obviously doesnt have the body or luck to last a full 162...and is now a waste of a spot

as long as theyre not paying too much for him i say just keep him bouncing around until he either gets healthy or cant produce anymore. his upside is still big if he can hit like he did in spurts around those many, many injuries.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read on MASN that apparently having this next surgery should fully correct the problem, so maybe they should re-sign him to a short term deal. I'd like to keep him if he can get back to normal.

Mr. Oriole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also agreed to terms with Cuban outfielder Dariel Alvarez who was fairly sought after by a number of teams. He seems similar to Urrutia with maybe more athletic ability.

Came across this scouting report on Baseball America...

Scouting Report On Orioles Cuban Outfielder Dariel Alvarez

Alvarez had modest numbers in his final season Cuba and the skeptical scouting reports to match. Playing for Camaguey in Serie Nacional in 2011-12, Alvarez hit .272/.343/.392 in 319 plate appearances, which puts him a little below league average in both on-base percentage and slugging in the Cuban league, and eighth on his own team in OBP.

Scouts didn’t have many positive things to say about Alvarez. Several scouts said he struggles against live pitching, with an uppercut righthanded swing that has effort in it to try to lift the ball with occasional power. His best tool is his arm, and at one point there was talk about Alvarez converting to pitching, but the Orioles signed him as a hitter.

...sounds like a project, who had a good season in 2010-11. Probably why he is starting at Hi-A Frederick.