• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Urlacher Makes It

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious to hear the board's favorite Urlacher memories.

Mine has to be how he played against Michael Vick and the Falcons. Every other NFL team had trouble containing Vick. But Urlacher seemed to have his number and the team as a whole did well (if memory serves).

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mine has to be how he played against Michael Vick and the Falcons. Every other NFL team had trouble containing Vick. But Urlacher seemed to have his number and the team as a whole did well (if memory serves).
I specifically recall that play where he leaped over the blocker and blasted into Vick. Classic.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup. Vick was 0-4 against the Bears as a starter. Only one in 2011 was really close too.

The best was the subzero game in 05. Pure domination - held to 3 points. It was single digits with -15 windchill or something. Vick wanted to GTFO by halftime.

The performances against Vick and the Miracle in the Desert are my favorite. Urlacher just about singlehandedly willed that comeback. I know Hester drove the final nail in (along with Rackers miss). However, the Bears D was on the field the entire game and Urlacher was making tackles like a mad man. Stripped that ball which Peanut picked up for 6. That was all Urlacher...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Vick was 0-4 against the Bears as a starter. Only one in 2011 was really close too.

The best was the subzero game in 05. Pure domination - held to 3 points. It was single digits with -15 windchill or something. Vick wanted to GTFO by halftime.

The performances against Vick and the Miracle in the Desert are my favorite. Urlacher just about singlehandedly willed that comeback. I know Hester drove the final nail in (along with Rackers miss). However, the Bears D was on the field the entire game and Urlacher was making tackles like a mad man. Stripped that ball which Peanut picked up for 6. That was all Urlacher...
Was at that Atlanta game. It was cold af, and Vick was checked the fuck out. Wanted nothing to do with it. That was also the game that Rex came on at halftime after being injured the whole season. His first play was a 20 yard zinger to Muhsin Mahammed. The crowd went crazy, as Orton hadn't thrown a pass like that the whole season.

Also, the AZ game, I tried to cut my hand off...lol...when Hester returned that kick, I jumped up in hysteria, and hit my titanium wedding ring on the light fixture on our ceiling fan. Shattered the fuck out of it, and cut the fuck out of my hand. I was so geeked, I didn't even realize I was bleeding profusely til my wife told me so.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I remember correctly, Brown picked up that fumble and scored the TD whilst injuring himself for the year.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, they both returned fumbles. My bad.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly, Brown picked up that fumble and scored the TD whilst injuring himself for the year.

That was the fumble forced by Mark Anderson down 23-3 near the conclusion of the 3rd quarter. He also did not injure himself on that play, but in the 4th quarter.

Peanut recovered Urlacher's strip with 5 minutes left in the 4th -- down 23-10.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the fumble forced by Mark Anderson down 23-3 near the conclusion of the 3rd quarter. He also did not injure himself on that play, but in the 4th quarter.

Peanut recovered Urlacher's strip with 5 minutes left in the 4th -- down 23-10.

I was at that game. First Monday Night game ever played in that stadium.

I remember listening to local radio on the way out, and listening to Denny Greens meltdown. Fucking great!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember listening to local radio on the way out, and listening to Denny Greens meltdown. Fucking great!

Yeah, I remember very clearly being with my dad for that game. He was like "hold on... wait and let's watch Green's presser. He looked like he was going to blow when he walked off"... Sure enough, he was right. What a classic meltdown

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lucky you. That was probably the best Bears game of the 21st century so far.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky you. That was probably the best Bears game of the 21st century so far.

Eh... NFC Title game victory. By a good head-and-shoulders. IMO

You could make the argument for that being #2. However, I'd still have it behind both Seattle playoff wins. It'd be neck/neck with the Mike Brown games in 01.

I guess I value playoffs higher with everything. Plus, the way that Saints 4th quarter happened was so legendary.

Last edited:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh... NFC Title game victory. By a good head-and-shoulders. IMO

You could make the argument for that being #2. However, I'd still have it behind both Seattle playoff wins. It'd be neck/neck with the Mike Brown games in 01.

I guess I value playoffs higher with everything. Plus, the way that Saints 4th quarter happened was so legendary.
Those mike brown games were huge. Pound for pound, I’m sticking to my answer. Those playoff games were nice, but I’m just taking the game itself into account here.