• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Urban Meyer is a dick

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing short of "I'm a MAN!! I'm Forty!!" I liked how he was getting in his face like he was about to hit him too, what a scumbag. I looked at the article, and it did have a little bit of a sarcastic/hateful flavor to it, but all in all like he said, he was just quotin' the guy.

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classy. I doubt he was ever seriously ill either. I bet he just skipped outta Florida to cry away losing Tim Tebow for a while

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Urban loves and accepts the praise the way that he does he needs to learn how to take some criticism. Obviously he does not.

Kisen427

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah Urban really needs to calm down but thinking about it doesn't matter who you are sometimes you have to let off steam. Too bad it was infront of cameras.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could have done that in private either on the phone or in his office.

Pelini has called numerous media people to air things out. As of right now Pelini just isn't dumb enough to do it in public.

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Pelini has confronted media people in person, we didn't here about it, because they didn't survive to tell....don't mess with BO!!!

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few beat writers were never heard from again in the following days of the Iowa St. game...

Kisen427

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well lets face it, Bo has done stupid things after games that we've lost but I wouldn't hold them against him. I was hoping that Urban would be gone longer though...

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This belongs on the UF thread, but your right, Urban is a dick, the reporters a dousche and the player quoted has a big mouth.

Who does he think he is? He can't threaten a reporter for quoting one UF's players and doing his job.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what did the reporter do wrong?

Nothing.
He quoted a UF wr (Deonte Thompson), as saying that UF finally has a "real QB". Urban decided that he should have control over the media, and that they should print what he tells them to. But in Meyer's defense the reporter looked & sounded like a dousche bag.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to put myself in the shoes of Urban Meyer here and I realized two things.....1) as a head coach he definitely should be pissed off.......2) he got pissed at the wrong guy. He should be ripping the player who said "we finally have a real QB."

People seem to forget that it's the medias job to dig up the juiciest information they can and use it to their advantage. Poor reporter dude was just doing his job.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also like to add a little bit on Tim Tebow.....for as much as I couldn't stand that guy, he was a hell of an athlete, and he took care of his business on and off the field. Had he played at Nebraska I can guarantee none of us would see him the way we do. I mean, I'll be quite frank here......I just didn't like the fact that he was the annointed one and the media was constantly sucking him off....I disliked Tim Tebow plain and simple. I wouldn't complain if I was a coach and he was one of my players though......the kid was all heart. At least he wasn't the exact opposite.....like a Lawrence Phillips.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also like to add a little bit on Tim Tebow.....for as much as I couldn't stand that guy, he was a hell of an athlete, and he took care of his business on and off the field. Had he played at Nebraska I can guarantee none of us would see him the way we do. I mean, I'll be quite frank here......I just didn't like the fact that he was the annointed one and the media was constantly sucking him off....I disliked Tim Tebow plain and simple. I wouldn't complain if I was a coach and he was one of my players though......the kid was all heart. At least he wasn't the exact opposite.....like a Lawrence Phillips.

If it was the exact same Tebow that we have seen for 4 years and he did all of that at Nebraska, I can GUARANTEE you that I would hate him just as much as I do now. I am not saying that I wouldn't accept the titles he would have brought but that doesn't mean I would have to like him.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if its Tebow I dont like or the way the media portraited him. I love the heart Tebow shows and his drive to win. I think you are right JJM if Tebow was playing for ur team you wouldnt have a problem with him. now I dont believe he should talk about his charities during football if you do charity by all means thats great but you shouldnt be reconized for it IMO.

landon410

In the deed the glory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nothing.
He quoted a UF wr (Deonte Thompson), as saying that UF finally has a "real QB". Urban decided that he should have control over the media, and that they should print what he tells them to. But in Meyer's defense the reporter looked & sounded like a dousche bag.

exactly what i was getting at, the reporter did nothing wrong
maybe urb's should have gone to the player and taught him how to give an interview

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If that was my son, we'd be going at it right now"---Urban Meyer

Lmao...they way he acts you would think Tebow IS his son. I bet if Meyer had an opportunity to coach in the NFL, he would take it, just so he could trade/sign/draft Tebow and throw him in at QB!