• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UPDATED 1/10/2013 10:30PM: Offensive coaching staff for next year

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehh. Doesn't sound to terrible to me. Wouldn't be an absolutely terrible hire IMO. Lets face it, Chizik is a joke of a HC and in his only season at Auburn, he wasn't left with much to work with.

When Steve Addazio was let go from Florida to eventually become the new head coach at Temple University, he brought Loeffler along as the new offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach. Under his leadership, the Owls offense improved to the 7th leading rushing offense in the nation (257 yards per game)[3] and 33rd nationally in pass efficiency (142.8).[4] The team finished the season 9-4, ranked 2nd in the MAC East and defeated Wyoming 37–15 in the 2011 New Mexico Bowl (the school's first bowl win since the 1979 Garden State Bowl). Sophomore quarterback Chris Coyer was named the bowl's MVP and finished the season with a 177.4 passer rating.
Loeffler was linked to the vacant OC positions at the University of Alabama[5], Louisiana State University[6] and the University of Wisconsin.[7]

Frankly (pun intended), If those Universities (Satan/Hatter) "considered" him, then that is a decent sign that he has some skills. He is a Michigan guy (which would worry me a touch) and coached Brady, Griese, and Henne among others. Coached under Carr and Meyer.

Scot Loeffler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by a moderator:

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Loeffler seems like a decent pick for OC, but they'd still need someone for the O-line.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jeff grimes's name has been brought up but he seems to have worked more in spread systems..let's get a pro style oline coach ... Supposedly, loeffler is very tight with Tom Brady. He had success at temple with so so talent .. I think it would be a good hire ... Good recruiter, younger, would probably keep Logan around and turn him into a heisman candidate :)

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In a sudden turn of events, Tom Brady, after winning his 4th super bowl and solidifying his place in history as one of the greatest, has decided to retire on top and join his former coach and longtime friend Scot Loeffler, in Blacksburg on the Hokies staff, as quarterback coach.

I'd probably bust a nut

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think Loeffler would be better than Pep Hamilton, I was never that high on him. Haven't read anything that evaluates his play-calling though. Also, I don't think it matters that he doesn't have a system. As the Redskins proved this year, I think it is best to devise one that caters to your talent. Then, going forward, you can recruit for that system

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pep is interviewing for the Jets OC job. If he were to get an NFL job, I wonder if we could pursue the OL/Tackles coach from Stanford. He is from West Virginia and his boys maulllll!!!!

i was skimming and thought it said mullet and not maul at first lol. mullet would have been kinda swaggy too

BeachNHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pep is interviewing for the Jets OC job. If he were to get an NFL job, I wonder if we could pursue the OL/Tackles coach from Stanford. He is from West Virginia and his boys maulllll!!!!

Mike Bloomgren is from Tallahassee. I would be all for him as he is also a fantastic recruiter.

HokieNut20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people on Twitter saying it's Loeffler.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad hire, but probably not as high profile as anyone was hoping for if it is true. I still like it more than Pep hamilton

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad hire, but probably not as high profile as anyone was hoping for if it is true. I still like it more than Pep hamilton

Reports that Greg Adkins (currently at Syracuse) being interviewed for OL coach. He has coached at Georgia and Tennessee in the past. Not sure if he has turned out any NFL O-lineman.

HokieNut20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also like the fact tha Adkins is Syracuse's recruiting coordinator. It's always good to have guys with that kind recruiting knowledge and prowess.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After reading about Adkins, I think it would be a pretty damned solid hire. Not the sexiest hire in the world (Stanford or former Auburn OL coach) .. but compared to what we have .. pretty damned solid.