• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Up and coming: Eddie Lacy...

CrimsonFan

Cashing Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering how he will do as lead back..
We will see.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering how he will do as lead back..
We will see.

I'm gonna be honest man, if he can play the whole year without getting hurt, he will follow right in Mark and Trents footsteps right up to New York.

If you compare Eddie Lacy's sophomore year to Trents...

Eddie got 95 carries for 674 yards, and 7 TD's, at 7 yards per carry.

Trent got 112 carries for 700 yards, and 6 TD's, at 6 yards per carry.

So if we give Eddie the same carries as Trent, then Eddie has 93 more yards. He already has more TD's.

I'm not trying to say Eddie is gonna be better, because he won't be. Trent in my opinion is the best back to ever play here, it just gives a hint maybe as to what we can look forward to with Eddie running the show.

Also, I don't think it's a stretch to say that Eddie might have it a little easier than Mark and Trent. Those guys didn't really have the luxury of a good passing game, and I feel like AJ will change that. No dis intended to Gmac, but AJ is definitely the type of QB that we've been missing.

JTEGGER

T-Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Eddie is good, but not in the same class as TR or MI. Those were two very special backs. The best 2 to ever play for BAMA, imo. I'm excited to see if Dee Hart can contribute after his injury and everything I've read about T.J. Yeldon says we won't be able to keep him off the field. He's gonna be a goodun'.

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eddie should have a stable of backs to help carry him next year. He should be a great RB for us. I don't think next year's expectations are to high, so I see him being a pleasant surprise. He should exceed the expectations.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The O-line will be key.... Hopefully the big ugly's will keep coming to T-Town & open holes for these RB"s. I like Lacy & Hart being the Thunder & Lightning.... As for Hart, I've heard from the Doctor's mouth that a surgically repair knee is stronger/better than natural

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna make a prediction, if Eddie Lacy doesn't sustain any injuries next season, he will get an invite to New York for the Heisman ceremony.

I agree with Jt, I don't think at this point he's on the level with Trent and Mark, but our offensive line is gonna be one the best we've seen next season. Combine that with his abilities, and you've got a Heisman running back.

CrimsonFan

Cashing Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might surprise you guys but, I think if anyone is getting a invite to new York from bama, it's going to be Mccaron.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might surprise you guys but, I think if anyone is getting a invite to new York from bama, it's going to be Mccaron.

That would be a sweet surprise. Our new OC could definitely get him there.