• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UofM Coaching Staff & Odds and ends

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With both coordinators locked down Harbaugh can focus directly on two very important vacancies in RBs and S&C coach.

Ty Wheatley will be in town this weekend according to the Detroit News...

Kyle Bosch transfers after sitting out a year for personal problems. Ferns (hurts now landing his brother) was that transfer to WVU you mentioned, JD. Neither transfer will effect us much this year but both were highly touted prospects.

I'm still hoping for a few transfers of players we never will miss (Bellomy, you're up).

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright then, moving right along.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 68

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh going on ESPN for the NCG is a brilliant move. You can't visit recruits during the dead period but you can still go into everyone's living room for a few minutes on the most important night of the college football season.

That is one thing UofM lacked with Hoke....a polished guy that speaks well and has immediate credibility.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, I like how the staff is coming together, but it's a shame that Marrow and Turley both decided to stay put.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh going on ESPN for the NCG is a brilliant move. You can't visit recruits during the dead period but you can still go into everyone's living room for a few minutes on the most important night of the college football season.

That is one thing UofM lacked with Hoke....a polished guy that speaks well and has immediate credibility.

To be fair, speaking well wasn't a problem Hoke had. His intro press conference was just as good (if not better) than Harbaugh's.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, speaking well wasn't a problem Hoke had. His intro press conference was just as good (if not better) than Harbaugh's.

I always thought the content of Hoke's news conferences were good. My problem was the whole Comedian Fairley down by the river look and speech patterns were awful. Thats not to say it was Hoke's fault. But nobody will ever mistake him for a polished guy IMO.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought the content of Hoke's news conferences were good. My problem was the whole Comedian Fairley down by the river look and speech patterns were awful. Thats not to say it was Hoke's fault. But nobody will ever mistake him for a polished guy IMO.

Welllll, ummmm, yeaaaaah, thatsa welllll, ummm, yeaaaah, thatsa good good point.

I don't mean to harp on Hoke but it wasn't just his delivery and vocabulary that lacked. His knowledge of the game seemed limited.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only problem with Hoke's speaking was his awful voice and the fact that he was mostly talking about losses! So we now have:
DJ Durkin - DC and LB coach
Tim Drevno - OC and Oline coach
Tyrone Wheatley - RB coach
Jedd Fisch - Passing Game Coordinator/WR coach
Kevin Tolbert - Strength and Conditionaing Coordinator
Greg Jackson - Secondary Coach?
Jimmie Dougherty - ?
John Morton ?
Greg Mattison - ?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Wheatley or the old guy that ate wheatley in the fold will his son commit?

Fischas passing game coordinator will be interesting. For coaching such a bad team he seems very well regarded.

I see Marshall has scheduled a visit after the dead period. It will be interesting to see if they can salvage this recruiting year.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I would hold Fisch accountable for Jacksonville's issues. Look at the personnel he had to work with. Denard is the only guy I'd pay to see and I'm biased!!

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The staff is pretty much together and it looks pretty good. A lot of guys Harbaugh is comfortable with. Mattison stays around to help with the defense and recruiting. I just hope he didn't short himself in keeping a guy to help recruit Ohio.

it will take him some time to g\make inroads with coaches and contacts in the midwest.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former USC special teams coach John Baxter filling the same role for Michigan

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be an all-star staff! Ohio State and Michigan State better take notice, the good times for them have ended.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coaching staff dust is finally starting to settle and things with assistants should be finalized in the coming days, setting up what looks like could be Michigan's biggest recruiting weekend since the Under the Lights III game against Penn State.

The most notable name that will visit next weekend is the nation's top tight end prospect Chris Clark, who looks like Harbaugh's biggest priority moving forward in this cycle. He loves to use the tight end in his offense and Clark looks like a near-lock to re-commit to the Wolverines after he gets back on campus.
Other players set to visit that were offered recently by defensive coordinator DJ Durkin are cornerback Damon Arnette and linebacker Roquan Smith. Both have expressed interest in recent days following news of Durkin's arrival.
We'll see what happens, but I would be surprised if Clark at the very least did not commit during his visit.

Four-star 2015 defensive tackle Kendrick Norton (Jacksonville, Florida) released his top five schools on Thursday on his Twitter account.

New top schools and maybe AU pic.twitter.com/lVgphfRrcJ
— Kendrick Norton (@norton_kendrick) [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]553320883520274433[/MEDIA]"]January 8, 2015[/ame]​
Norton's top five consists of UNC, Miami, UCLA, Ole Miss and a newcomer to the list: Michigan.
He has not previously been recruited by the Wolverines, but he has ties to new defensive coordinator DJ Durkin, who recruited him while he was on Will Muschamp's staff at Florida.
The hiring the caliber of coaches that Michigan has brought in has created a buzz among prospects that has made many of them anxious to hear from the school. Now, it's up to Harbaugh and staff to let the smoke clear and reciprocate some of the interest that recruits have shown them recently.

Friday Michigan Recruiting Roundup: Jim Harbaugh's big weekend approaching - Maize n Brew

Last edited by a moderator:

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad Harbaugh has gotten straight to work and is trying to salvage this recruiting class. I noticed the class only has 6 kid right now, so he has his work cut out for him.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be great if Harbaugh could salvage as much of this class as he can, but I'm not too worried if he can't. This was going to be a small class anyways, and Hoke's recruiting classes were high, and they've stuck around with a ridiculous retention rate. The class of 2015 isn't going to make or break Michigan.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be great if Harbaugh could salvage as much of this class as he can, but I'm not too worried if he can't. This was going to be a small class anyways, and Hoke's recruiting classes were high, and they've stuck around with a ridiculous retention rate. The class of 2015 isn't going to make or break Michigan.

Hoke recruited well and there's a lot of talent here. I don't think Harbaugh would come here unless he believed he could turn it around soon. Hoke was trying to build a pro style, smash mouth offense but it didn't get there. The defense has a lot of talent also and I'm glad we were able to retain Mattison as a defensive coach. I'm reading he will be the defensive line coach.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoke did a good job recruiting from an outsiders perspective. I am not sure if the 4 & 5 star kids were swing and misses or he didn't do a good enough job in development.

Ty Issac will be a stud for them and hopefully he didn't leave USC due to the new OC.