• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UNLV

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing exhibition game against Dixie tonight. I cant believe basketball is here. I cant wait to see actual PG playing at the PG position. Not that Marshall was bad, but never was a true point guard.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow not getting too down over an exhibition game, which they havent lost one in 12 years, but Rebs didnt give me wood even once. Good to have something to work on though. Good things, Birch was a beast, and Roscoe Smith looked real good. Lots of mistakes and missed defensive assignments, which is to be expected, and there wasnt much continuity at all.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow not getting too down over an exhibition game, which they havent lost one in 12 years, but Rebs didnt give me wood even once. Good to have something to work on though. Good things, Birch was a beast, and Roscoe Smith looked real good. Lots of mistakes and missed defensive assignments, which is to be expected, and there wasnt much continuity at all.

I didn't get to watch the game. But It is not a good feeling to be loosing exhibition games. I hope tonights game goes better.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wrost part was BDJ going down with a hamstring. They did clear Kevin Olekaibe though and that should help tremendously. I dont mind losing an early exhibition game, becasue it can be a motivating factor for the team to get better and work hard. UNLV didnt have much to lose, and for Dixie State, it was like their NC game. Tonight should go better, but they are trying lots of different personnel.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

try pron? :noidea:

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
try pron? :noidea:

I didnt mean it literally, i did get wood a couple times.

After last nights game, they have a long way to go. I predict a bumpy season, but they have some talent and if they can get it together they can win the conference again. Did not say "will" win the conference.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt mean it literally, i did get wood a couple times.

After last nights game, they have a long way to go. I predict a bumpy season, but they have some talent and if they can get it together they can win the conference again. Did not say "will" win the conference.

good luck to the rebs....i'd hate to see heath schroyer's head turn purple and 'splode

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. I think this will be a tough season for UNLV. They have talent but they need to be healthy. Hopefully this UNLV team can play well together otherwise they may be in for a disappointing season. Also they have got to cash in on free throws!!!

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free throws was the biggest disappointment. Transition defense has been an issue too. Dont forget about the two best players and leaders being on the bench last game too. BDJ is necessary to controlling the court. and Birch is the shot blocking threat that forces teams to step out.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's the deal with UCSB, rebs?

the gauchos?

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was bad. They had no idea how to attack the zone defense, and had the same problem last year. Any opposing coach, that doesnt throw the zone defense at them every game from here on out, should be fired before he hits the locker room. just terrible.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky for you guise....shyatt is a die hard man defense guy

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Carson kid is a great player! Rebels played hard and had the lead for a while, but just could not contain that kid. They threw everything at him, and i think made a few mistakes at the end and let it get away. If they play that hard every game, and keep playing as a team they could have a respectable season. They need a ton of work, but they have big upside.

Roscoe Smith and Khem Birch have got to be the top 2 big man combo in the conference from a shot blocking and athletic stand point. Freshman PG Kendall Smith had some flashes of what he could be too. Good game, tough loss, 2-2 going forward.