• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

University Of Arizona basketball (bribes) LOL

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I'm not saying that Harden was bought, or that Sendek (or Harden's HS coach) were dirty. I'm just saying that we actually don't know shit. We can guess, we can hope, we can map it logically, but the FBI is about to surprise a lot of fans. That's the point. Bama fans talked shit about Auburn until they found out that they were dirty. UCLA fans jumped all over USC (and AZ) until they found out that Love was bought in '09.

Instead of people talking shit only because they don't want to believe their program is dirty, they should probably let the dust settle and find out for sure. Then, by all means, say whatever you want--assuming you are okay with the state of CBB when the FBI is done. Until then, all people are doing by talking shit is setting themselves up to eat their words like the Bama and UCLA fans (who talked shit) have had to do.

Just to be clear, Sendek and Hurley may very well be clean. But Hurley hired an Adidas marketing rep to coach and recruit, and that's only been in his first couple years, with Sendek's tenure also to be determined. If I'm an ASU fan, I'm waiting for the FBI to clear me before I go roast other programs. Because if anyone asked me 3 months ago, I would have bet the farm that Miller (as an extension of Book) was clean, that AZ didn't need to throw money at kids to bring them to McKale, and that with Miller's family integrity in the game, the passion of the AZ fans, and his responsibility to Lute's legacy (as he still comes to the games), that there is no way Miller or his staff would jeopardize that. Miller said when he first got to Tucson that he didn't need to do near the recruiting he thought. He said that AZ recruited for itself, and that recruits just wanted stability at the head coach position. The weather, the fans, the facilities, the NBA drafts and success in the conference and March, seemed that there was no reason to do anything shady. It just didn't make any sense to me. Well, good thing I didn't stand on that as a soapbox to trash other programs because I would have eaten those words. Me saying "I just can't believe (for X,Y, or Z reasons) that AZ is dirty" wouldn't have meant shit in the light of the truth.
let me celebrate the ASU vs UW football win and I will get back to you guys. LOL>

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:deadhorse:
Eric, I never said once that Pera was just some good recruiter, or strictly a recruiter. I am not accusing Harden of being bought or surprised that he went to ASU.

I'm saying that as an ASU fan, fork should make sure his program is clean before talking shit. I'm not accusing, suggesting, doubting, or implying anything about anyone. I'm saying that fans need to question their own programs and see what the FBI finds before talking shit. I asked questions about Hurley, his staff, and the players they go after, and I did the same with Sendek. I asked those questions only because fork just assumed that ASU is clean. All I was trying to do was to ask the questions that he should be asking before he talks shit. That's it.

You're getting stuck on Harden because I simply asked how Sendek got him. I completely understand the context of his recruitment, and in no way am I making any other inferences about him, Pera, or Sendek. I am simply saying it's all worth questioning, and that fork can't assume that ASU, Sendek, or Hurley are clean just because he hopes they are clean.

If you're aware of his recruitment, I'm not sure why you brought him up in the first place? But yes, I would agree, most people should probably wait to talk shit just to make sure their own program isn't dirty.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're aware of his recruitment, I'm not sure why you brought him up in the first place? But yes, I would agree, most people should probably wait to talk shit just to make sure their own program isn't dirty.

Because asking the question doesn't assume guilt. I didn't assume guilt when I asked about Sendek, Hurley, or Hurley's assistant, like I didn't assume guilt when asking about Harden. It means that we get to ask, and it especially means that we should ask instead of assuming that our program is clean, and talking shit.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because asking the question doesn't assume guilt. I didn't assume guilt when I asked about Sendek, Hurley, or Hurley's assistant, like I didn't assume guilt when asking about Harden. It means that we get to ask, and it especially means that we should ask instead of assuming that our program is clean, and talking shit.

I get all that, just think better examples could be used if raising the question.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AZ has to do some shady shit and get caught to not make the tourney. UW does it so naturally. Shit, the only P5 team to win the reg season title and not dance? A feather in your cap for that one, good sir.

Couldn't you technically flip that around and say the shady shit was the reason they made the tourney?

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't you technically flip that around and say the shady shit was the reason they made the tourney?

It's certainly a question we need to ask. I guess I'm operating on the assumption that Miller didn't pay all of his players, and that paying payers doesn't necessarily even equate to making the tourney (as we know from some of the other dirty programs), although I imagine it helps. I'm also operating on the assumption that Miller, at AZ, didn't need to pay players to carry on the success of Lute (which makes it all the more confusing), let alone at least making the tourney.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well well well I read all the comments and can mostly agree with everyone. I guess we will all have to wait until the sand settles and see what the FBI uncovers. My original comment was just pent up frustrations with UOfA I guess.