• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Unexpected Player that Make Huge Impact in 2018

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm digging the videos of Collins and Connor Williams flattening people. Our OLine may be flat STUPID good

I had read that Connor was excellent in pass and run plays. Good on Connor or not so good with our D line? I am gonna go with the Oline being bad ass.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As camp begins this week, I was wondering which player you think that's not expected to have a huge impact comes out and becomes a huge contributor to a successful season.

I'm thinking it's Deonte Thompson, who most of the talking media heads say he doesn't make the final roster. This guy turned the corner a little last season when given an opportunity in Buffalo. I expect he'll be given the opportunity this year and will capitalize on it.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had read that Connor was excellent in pass and run plays. Good on Connor or not so good with our D line? I am gonna go with the Oline being bad ass.

If nothing else our Dline will get better facing these guys.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Connor Williams to be a major upgrade at LG. Williams just has the mean streak to go along with the talent.

Deonte Thompson or Lenoir. I am leaning and hoping Thompson. I really want to see TWILL beaten out. I also expect Gallup to be a major steal. Gallup is going to be a great wideout...

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If nothing else our Dline will get better facing these guys.
That guy we had at LG last season was barely average. He rarely made it to the 2nd level as a run blocker and as soon as tyron smith got hurt he was exposed in pass protection. Williams is going to be a stud at LG

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That guy we had at LG last season was barely average. He rarely made it to the 2nd level as a run blocker and as soon as tyron smith got hurt he was exposed in pass protection. Williams is going to be a stud at LG
Yeah, it early, but it looks like the scouting dept is still killing it

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just took a peek at Rico on twitter.

I have done another 180. He made a hell of a block on the td at the goal line, saw one in practice where he came across the formation and took his assignment almost to the bench. Because of that block, another 10 up the field.

And then he made a catch in practice that there is absolutely no way to defend without a few baseball bats and a shotgun. He skied and made a one hander. Incredible athlete. Maybe it just took him a bit to get back into a game he really never played.

We keep 4 TE for now. I see no other way.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering the number of WRs we will keep.

1. Beasley
2. Williams
3. Austin
4. Gallup
5. Hurns

6. Lenoir, THOMPSON , Brown.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just took a peek at Rico on twitter.

I have done another 180. He made a hell of a block on the td at the goal line, saw one in practice where he came across the formation and took his assignment almost to the bench. Because of that block, another 10 up the field.

And then he made a catch in practice that there is absolutely no way to defend without a few baseball bats and a shotgun. He skied and made a one hander. Incredible athlete. Maybe it just took him a bit to get back into a game he really never played.

We keep 4 TE for now. I see no other way.

The first Unofficial Depth chart has Swaim, Jarwin and Gathers.

Cowboys Reveal First Unofficial Depth Chart

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Beasley
2. Williams
3. Austin
4. Gallup
5. Hurns

I'm hoping for 6, but it could come down to Rico or one of those 3. Tough to do both. But as we all know, injuries will play a role in the final roster so it's too early to say

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Beasley
2. Williams
3. Austin
4. Gallup
5. Hurns

I'm hoping for 6, but it could come down to Rico or one of those 3. Tough to do both. But as we all know, injuries will play a role in the final roster so it's too early to say

By the sound of it Lenoir has made the best case to be the 6th WR in this scenario. Haven't heard much about Brown at all, and not much on Thompson since the first week of camp. Seems like Brown is most likely to be cut, and I doubt he makes it to the practice squad - like the player, but just the way it goes sometimes.

What I think is more likely for the offense is something like this...

OB: Prescott, Rush, White

RB: Elliott, R.Smith, T.Austin, Ozawale -- Practice Squad for either Jackson, or Scarbrough

WR: Hearns, Beasley, T.Williams, Gallup, Lenoir, Thompson

TE: Swaim, Jarwin, Shultz, Gathers

OT: T.Smith, L.Collins, Flemming, Green

OG: Z.Martin, C.Williams, Looney,

C: Frederick

This leaves 27 roster spots. I think Green and Thompson would be the first two cuts from this group, if Dallas decides to go heavy on defense.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the sound of it Lenoir has made the best case to be the 6th WR in this scenario. Haven't heard much about Brown at all, and not much on Thompson since the first week of camp. Seems like Brown is most likely to be cut, and I doubt he makes it to the practice squad - like the player, but just the way it goes sometimes.

RB: Elliott, R.Smith, T.Austin, Ozawale -- Practice Squad for either Jackson, or Scarbrough

This leaves 27 roster spots. I think Green and Thompson would be the first two cuts from this group, if Dallas decides to go heavy on defense.
I guess it doesn't really matter what line you put a guy on but Austin is primarily a WR IMO and it skews it a little to list him as a RB. I don't know if we are able to keep 7 including him and I think also think it's we keep Bo or Jackson on the 53 (My guess is Bo) as a 4th RB. So, if we go 4 RBs, which I can't imagine we won't, and 4 TEs, one of those WRs probably has to go. I just don't think the Math works out. Which is why I said it's probably Rico or one of those 3 fighting for a spot and it's possible it is only 1 of the 4 that is kept. All of this changes with injuries or if we only go with 2 QBs. I like White a lot but I'm not sure he is ready to be the only backup, so I would go 3 deep there.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Practice squad- how does that work? Can teams poach it at any time? I’m wondering about the LB - Covington

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Practice squad- how does that work? Can teams poach it at any time? I’m wondering about the LB - Covington
Once on a PS, yes, but they need to put the guy on the 53 if they do. they can't just take him from our PS and put him on theirs.

For next month: a guy in camp with us that is cut can opt to pick a different teams PS over ours if he sees a better opportunity. Once they are on a PS (ours or another teams) other teams can't "poach" him unless putting him on 53

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gathers will be cut IMO.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gathers will be cut IMO.

Certainly possible. I don't think so, though. Rico has the kind of potential that is hard to give up on, and he has been showing it here lately. If Gathers can figure it out from an Xs and Os stand point, there are maybe only a handful of guys in the entire NFL with the the physical attributes capable of covering Rico 1 on 1. We will know in a few weeks.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly possible. I don't think so, though. Rico has the kind of potential that is hard to give up on, and he has been showing it here lately. If Gathers can figure it out from an Xs and Os stand point, there are maybe only a handful of guys in the entire NFL with the the physical attributes capable of covering Rico 1 on 1. We will know in a few weeks.

I did not see him show much in the preseason game. Where did you see it lately?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there anything harder than guessing what rookie or the like will dominate this year in the NFL?
Why guess. Why not pick a guy you know can dominate but is not expected to for other reasons.

A guy who was suspended last year (like he will be this year) for the first 4 games and that did not effect him at all.
He was a nightmare none the less.

I'll take David Irving.