• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Unexpected Player that Make Huge Impact in 2018

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As camp begins this week, I was wondering which player you think that's not expected to have a huge impact comes out and becomes a huge contributor to a successful season.

I'm thinking it's Deonte Thompson, who most of the talking media heads say he doesn't make the final roster. This guy turned the corner a little last season when given an opportunity in Buffalo. I expect he'll be given the opportunity this year and will capitalize on it.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heath!!!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's hoping Xavier Woods has a monster season and everyone forgets about whats-his-name in Seattle...
Woods is a good selection. He made plays in his limited opportunities last year, and I've read his understanding of the defense is all that was lacking.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woods is a good selection. He made plays in his limited opportunities last year, and I've read his understanding of the defense is all that was lacking.

He may benefit more from Kris Richard than most - especially after watching "All Or Nothing" and seeing Sean Lee coach up the last DB coach...

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m proud of my DLaw prediction from last year. I hope I can be right again this year. I’m going with another DE, Taco. I see a year 2 breakout. I think it’s gonna be hard for Marinelli to keep him off the field. Taco has the physical traits to be a terror.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's hoping Xavier Woods has a monster season and everyone forgets about whats-his-name in Seattle...
I'm gonna abstain as I need to think about this one for a while, but I always love these threads. They get the Football blood in me pumping for some reason.

Thinking out loud: I definitely agree with Woods as a top choice and it really seems the team is sky high on Awuzie to take on a huge role already in year 2 so I think he is another good choice. I'm tempted to go back to the well with Collins. I did it with Hatcher a couple of years until he finally exploded. He just looked on the verge of being a star his first year and if you believe what you read was injured most of last year. But, I'd feel a lot stronger about him if he played more 3 tech and wasn't injured right now. If he is banged up and playing as an undersized 1 tech FT I'm not sure I want to pick him. I'm not sure if Irving counts but I expect him to take it to another level and challenge Lawrence for the best player on the DL. From what he have seen in spurts from him he is as talented as any young DL in the league. But, he can't stay on the field. I don't have enough of a feel for LVE or Williams just yet to consider them. Maybe once we get to see them in pads a little. I'm also waiting to get a look at the TEs and WRs to see if someone jumps out to me.

I guess if I had to pick today it would be Awuzie, but so many possibilities right now and we haven't seen what the team is going to do yet this year, so not making that my final answer. This is usually an August call for me. How's that for a cop out:noidea:

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna abstain as I need to think about this one for a while, but I always love these threads. They get the Football blood in me pumping for some reason.

Thinking out loud: I definitely agree with Woods as a top choice and it really seems the team is sky high on Awuzie to take on a huge role already in year 2 so I think he is another good choice. I'm tempted to go back to the well with Collins. I did it with Hatcher a couple of years until he finally exploded. He just looked on the verge of being a star his first year and if you believe what you read was injured most of last year. But, I'd feel a lot stronger about him if he played more 3 tech and wasn't injured right now. If he is banged up and playing as an undersized 1 tech FT I'm not sure I want to pick him. I'm not sure if Irving counts but I expect him to take it to another level and challenge Lawrence for the best player on the DL. From what he have seen in spurts from him he is as talented as any young DL in the league. But, he can't stay on the field. I don't have enough of a feel for LVE or Williams just yet to consider them. Maybe once we get to see them in pads a little. I'm also waiting to get a look at the TEs and WRs to see if someone jumps out to me.

I guess if I had to pick today it would be Awuzie, but so many possibilities right now and we haven't seen what the team is going to do yet this year, so not making that my final answer. This is usually an August call for me. How's that for a cop out:noidea:

That was as well played a cop out as anyone could have hoped for.

Well played. :clap:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byron Jones is going to take the big step forward this year. I thought he left something to be desired at Safety, but I believe he will excel as an outside CB - in no small part due to Kris Richards coaching him up.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve never done well with this. All good choices so far though. Awuzie would be my pick though. I think he has all the makings of a really good NFL CB

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m proud of my DLaw prediction from last year. I hope I can be right again this year. I’m going with another DE, Taco. I see a year 2 breakout. I think it’s gonna be hard for Marinelli to keep him off the field. Taco has the physical traits to be a terror.

I would love to eat crow on Taco. Could be that I am blinded by what could have been.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another good pick...as is Lewis
Pretty excited about the young DB's from the 2017 draft

That is where the potential is at. Our DB's are young and they were very green last year. Played well when they got the field.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going with the second rounder this year. Connor Williams. I am not saying he is going to be a probowler but I think that he could be an addition that helps put Zeke way over the top. Losing Gurode put a dent last year and I think CW could be a guy that has the huge impact on an already outstanding line.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going with the second rounder this year. Connor Williams. I am not saying he is going to be a probowler but I think that he could be an addition that helps put Zeke way over the top. Losing Gurode put a dent last year and I think CW could be a guy that has the huge impact on an already outstanding line.
:scratch:

hehe