• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Undoing the Greatest Wrongdoing in NFL History.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have bent over backwards to get him to play. He was all that kept them relevant for 10 years. They would get prime time and Monday night games because of Barry alone. They would have had the all time leading rusher in the NFL.

He definitely should have played another year to become the all-time leading rusher. However, he was about to be 31 that season. At that age for a running back, it's not like retirement is THAT insane of a reach.

He was somewhat due to decline, but I 100% understand where you are coming from.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, your franchise is flourishing.

What do you want me to say? We disagree. It's fine. You probably think the Trubisky trade was a good move. Why waste the energy.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you want me to say? We disagree. It's fine. You probably think the Trubisky trade was a good move. Why waste the energy.

It's interesting how you cannot do anything besides deflect to another issue. I completely overwhelmed you here...

As far as the Bears draft last year... We cannot evaluate the trade up to select Trubisky until we see how he pans out. So, that's a pretty useless form of deflection. It's probably better than citing the Lions win/loss record vs the team I root for over the past 5 years, though. I'll give you that.

We watched the cap trouble as a result of the Suh deal unfold. That's over and done with. We CAN evaluate that. Not to mention, the issue would have been even worse in Detroit, as Stafford got a much bigger contract than Tannehill.

You cannot have BOTH the highest QB contract and the highest positional contract on your books at the same time. Lol

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely overwhelmed you here...

Here's my O for overwhelmed face.

JLQp6.gif

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a second... Mayhew wasn't the worst. Millen, now that's a GM that single-handedly ran an organization from mediocrity to atrocity.

As to Suh coming back, if the price is right, great. Of course, that was the problem earlier. Suh valued his services more than management did. Since going to Miami, the Dolphins showed promise but the results ended up being a little short.

Word. Millen has to be the worst GM ever in all professional sports.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Matt Millen's position was unassailable.

Mayhew is the guy who whispered in Millen's ear to draft guys like WR Mike Williams over Damascus Lawrence. Once Millen was gone, Mayhew just carried on his plans for him until he too was fired.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely should have played another year to become the all-time leading rusher. However, he was about to be 31 that season. At that age for a running back, it's not like retirement is THAT insane of a reach.

He was somewhat due to decline, but I 100% understand where you are coming from.
He was still going strong though. At 29 he rushed for 6.1 yards per carry. At 30 he ran for 4.3 and 1500 yards with 37 receptions. I think he could have gone another 4_5 yeArs and ended up with around 22,000 yards.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was still going strong though. At 29 he rushed for 6.1 yards per carry. At 30 he ran for 4.3 and 1500 yards with 37 receptions. I think he could have gone another 4_5 yeArs and ended up with around 22,000 yards.

No RB's last that long. Emmit did, but it was a really sad sight the last few seasons. Payton was still effective, but only because his touches were limited. As the Bears played it safe and relegated him to a committee with Neil Anderson.

The thing about RB's too, is that they don't glide into the end of their career with a graceful landing. Generally speaking, they're usually rocketing through the air at full speed, the engine blows out and they drop out of the sky at free fall.

There was already the beginning of a dip that last year. Nearly dropped a full YPC. That "3" going in front of your age when your a RB is the sign of end times... No way around it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have bent over backwards to get him to play. He was all that kept them relevant for 10 years. They would get prime time and Monday night games because of Barry alone. They would have had the all time leading rusher in the NFL.
They made the playoffs the next season without him.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No RB's last that long. Emmit did, but it was a really sad sight the last few seasons. Payton was still effective, but only because his touches were limited. As the Bears played it safe and relegated him to a committee with Neil Anderson.

The thing about RB's too, is that they don't glide into the end of their career with a graceful landing. Generally speaking, they're usually rocketing through the air at full speed, the engine blows out and they drop out of the sky at free fall.

There was already the beginning of a dip that last year. Nearly dropped a full YPC. That "3" going in front of your age when your a RB is the sign of end times... No way around it.
4th in the league in rushing on a bad Lions team led by Charlie Batch is pretty darn good.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill admit that I watched every Lions game I could. Only to watch Barry rub. He was great his last season and then it felt like I was robbed from ever watching his greatness again. The Lions chucked it up big time.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions had to lose Suh. Otherwise, that dumbass Mayhew would still be our GM.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarvis Landry just got traded yesterday so Suh could stay in Miami. Probably still wont though.

VulturesRule

Enhanced Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarvis Landry just got traded yesterday so Suh could stay in Miami. Probably still wont though.

Can Miami afford Suh still? From the CBS Sports web site:

"Before getting rid of Landry on Friday, the Dolphins were a mind-boggling $19 million over the 2018 salary cap. With Landry and his giant franchise price tag now out the door, the Dolphins are now a much more manageable (but still ugly) $3 million over the cap, according to the aptly-named Over the Cap."

Liked Suh a lot, just didn't like what it cost the team if they were to carry him. Now I'm wondering what he'll cost under his next contract. The return on his first contract was adequate for Detroit. His most recent in Miami, probably not so much.