• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Underrated bands

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the white punks opened up for me, i'm digging it. the tubes didn't. that being said. the band was blondie, the beauty was Debbie Harry, actually saw X at a music festival, Blondie was there as well, they spoke volumes about how awesome debbie harry was, don't know where i'm going with this other than, she was awesome, the band was good and she was excellent. sorry, again, i'm very out of it right now.

The Tubes hit the scene when I was 10ish and Shes a Beauty came out when I was about 13ish. It spoke to me as there were chicks outta my league that I would drool over. Funny as I banged 2 of them later on in life.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another band that blew up but you really don't hear from about them

alright, that didn't, work for me, but i liked that tubes joint, so i youtube it myself, i feel like I'm familiar with it, as it start with the lyrics, i'm sure i am. good tune.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright, that didn't, work for me, but i liked that tubes joint, so i youtube it myself, i feel like I'm familiar with it, as it start with the lyrics, i'm sure i am. good tune.

Maybe the song has to have word dope in it for it to open:D

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tubes hit the scene when I was 10ish and Shes a Beauty came out when I was about 13ish. It spoke to me as there were chicks outta my league that I would drool over. Funny as I banged 2 of them later on in life.
as far as things taking you out of your game, after I watched the movie stalker (1980ish), felt I was done with people. long movie, boring to some, but fuck if it wasn't great and everlasting to me.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the song has to have word dope in it for it to open:D

no, it played once i found it online, just shitty country codes that i don't understand and don't want to. can't wait to come back home in a few months.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another group that really like. They had this song that always intrigued me (dad would always sing it in the car with us, one of many songs dad would do the chorus on). I found that they had other songs that I dig as well.

The drummer in his first band was Phil collins.........

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how he would be in the underrated column but Warren Zevon is just fantastic.

Makes me want to Chinese food

But he had some great songs other than this Halloween classic.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, finally got around to finding that She's a Beauty. Knew it the second I heard it, which isn't to say I liked it. So I guess they went the way of Blondie, started off with more of a punk influence and developed into more mainstream. Either way the difference from the band from 1977 to 1983, I'll have to find that album now.

I should add, there's a good chance I wasn't alive when She's a Beauty came out (now that I see it came out in 83). That being said, it's crazy to me to see how some bands changed their sound to go with the times. If you have any other examples, I'd love to hear them.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, finally got around to finding that She's a Beauty. Knew it the second I heard it, which isn't to say I liked it. So I guess they went the way of Blondie, started off with more of a punk influence and developed into more mainstream. Either way the difference from the band from 1977 to 1983, I'll have to find that album now.

I should add, there's a good chance I wasn't alive when She's a Beauty came out (now that I see it came out in 83). That being said, it's crazy to me to see how some bands changed their sound to go with the times. If you have any other examples, I'd love to hear them.

I like some of the 80's music but they a lot of it sounds I don't know the word but "plastic" comes to mind. Doesn't mean they sucked as that was the sound of the 80's and I an not really all in on it. Having said that, "She's a Beauty" is one of my favorite songs ever.

Another band that I like from late 70's to the 80's is Cheap Trick. Pizza Hut was a sit down place to eat on the cheap and we would have large family outing there ever so often. They had a promo deal where you could buy a full length album of mixed artists on the cheap with a meal. First song was "I want you to want me". I listened to that song endlessly as it was my only album. I got into more of there work and dig/dug them.

When I got to my early teens I discovered country music and fell in love with it over the bubble gum rock on the radio. I really got into it, mostly the older stuff. Don Williams, Merl, Hank, Willie, George, Johnny, Waylon ..... and older stuff.

My all time favorites include a list of different artists from Dean Martin to Ray Charles, Barbara Mandrel, Faron Young, George Straight and on and on. I also love 60's shit and the Hollie hit close to the top. Graham Nash wrote some songs that I really dig. "He's not Heavy" hits me hard as that is the way I try to live my personal life.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like some of the 80's music but they a lot of it sounds I don't know the word but "plastic" comes to mind. Doesn't mean they sucked as that was the sound of the 80's and I an not really all in on it. Having said that, "She's a Beauty" is one of my favorite songs ever.

Another band that I like from late 70's to the 80's is Cheap Trick. Pizza Hut was a sit down place to eat on the cheap and we would have large family outing there ever so often. They had a promo deal where you could buy a full length album of mixed artists on the cheap with a meal. First song was "I want you to want me". I listened to that song endlessly as it was my only album. I got into more of there work and dig/dug them.

When I got to my early teens I discovered country music and fell in love with it over the bubble gum rock on the radio. I really got into it, mostly the older stuff. Don Williams, Merl, Hank, Willie, George, Johnny, Waylon ..... and older stuff.

My all time favorites include a list of different artists from Dean Martin to Ray Charles, Barbara Mandrel, Faron Young, George Straight and on and on. I also love 60's shit and the Hollie hit close to the top. Graham Nash wrote some songs that I really dig. "He's not Heavy" hits me hard as that is the way I try to live my personal life.

No ... I can't explain what I meant

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kazumi Watanabe - One of the most under-rated jazz-fusion artists/bands, ever.

Kilowatt is a masterpiece!