• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Under Riley, Nebraska's Big Ten record is 8-9

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan State 1-0
Rutgers 1-0
Indiana 1-0
Maryland 1-0
Illinois 1-1
Minnesota 1-1
Northwestern 1-1
Purdue 1-1
Ohio State 0-1
Iowa 0-2
Wisconsin 0-2

In the Big Ten West, Nebraska is 4-8 under Riley

In the Big Ten, Nebraska is 8-9 under Riley.

Against the upper half teams, Nebraska is 1-5
Ohio State
Penn State
Michigan
Michigan State
Wisconsin
Iowa

Against the lower half teams
Nebraska 7-4

On the 2016 schedule, there are four upper half teams Wisconsin, Iowa, Ohio State, Penn State and five lower half teams.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the Big Ten Riley has been here two seasons. I'm not going to judge him yet.
I do think it's obvious and speaks volumes that the ones calling for his head are the same ones that have been calling for his head since day one.
Nothing to look at here.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool story bro, needs more dragons and shit.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say fire anyone?

I just posted what the record is. Facts are facts, wins are wins, losses are losses.

I was surprised by the results when I did this.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In about 2 or 3 years we'll know for sure if Riley has what it takes to raise the level of the team, or decimate it. He's on the right track by firing assistants that aren't producing, but can he recruit players who will fit his slinging it around offensive philosophy?

My parting shot... I've been a Tommy Armstrong advocate for the most part this year, but his shitty performance against Iowa makes me glad he's graduating after one more game. Maybe we'll now have a REAL QB who can complete some passes. There were at least 4 of his shitty long passes where a receiver had a step or two on a defender. If TA completed just two of those passes, we would have had a competitive game on Friday.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Michigan State 1-0
Rutgers 1-0
Indiana 1-0
Maryland 1-0
Illinois 1-1
Minnesota 1-1
Northwestern 1-1
Purdue 1-1
Ohio State 0-1
Iowa 0-2
Wisconsin 0-2

In the Big Ten West, Nebraska is 4-8 under Riley

In the Big Ten, Nebraska is 8-9 under Riley.

Against the upper half teams, Nebraska is 1-5
Ohio State
Penn State
Michigan
Michigan State
Wisconsin
Iowa

Against the lower half teams
Nebraska 7-4

On the 2016 schedule, there are four upper half teams Wisconsin, Iowa, Ohio State, Penn State and five lower half teams.

Not only that but the PSU game will be at their stadium and then we play Iowa 6 days later! I'm hoping we can win at least two of those games minimum, but I wouldn't be surprised if Nebraska loses all 4 of them unless better game time decisions are made by Riley.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In about 2 or 3 years we'll know for sure if Riley has what it takes to raise the level of the team, or decimate it. He's on the right track by firing assistants that aren't producing, but can he recruit players who will fit his slinging it around offensive philosophy?

My parting shot... I've been a Tommy Armstrong advocate for the most part this year, but his shitty performance against Iowa makes me glad he's graduating after one more game. Maybe we'll now have a REAL QB who can complete some passes. There were at least 4 of his shitty long passes where a receiver had a step or two on a defender. If TA completed just two of those passes, we would have had a competitive game on Friday.
That's not surprising at all. The game the guy goes out and plays with a pulled hammy you shoot the guy for his performance.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say fire anyone?

I just posted what the record is. Facts are facts, wins are wins, losses are losses.

I was surprised by the results when I did this.
Wasn't this thread specifically and not you specifically though I think you were in there too. I could check but too lazy. If not I apologize to you but it's been all over this forum since the game.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's not surprising at all. The game the guy goes out and plays with a pulled hammy you shoot the guy for his performance.

What was his excuse for his sterling 4 pick performance against Iowa last year? Picture how bad that loss to Tenny would have been with him in there even if he was 100%? Not one of Fyfe's passes were picked or even close to being picked, but I'm certain TA would have had at least a couple of close calls and 2 or 3 picks. Also, don't forget how many of Fyfe's passes were dropped, that coupled with very little pass pro. Despite this, he had a very good game. I recall the dirty beard man here saying Fyfe would be a good small college QB, but he isn't a major college QB! That was one of the dumbest statements made by anyone here.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
in the Big Ten Riley has been here two seasons. I'm not going to judge him yet.
I do think it's obvious and speaks volumes that the ones calling for his head are the same ones that have been calling for his head since day one.
Nothing to look at here.

I'll judge him. Don't be surprised to see 5 or 6 losses in each of Riley's next two seasons, and maybe even one losing season unless some changes are made. I sure hope I'm wrong about this.