• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Undefeated in 2017??

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This third time this week that you've come after me with a nasty retort. I don't know what your problem is with me and I honestly don't give a shit. But as I stated, in my opinion, rehashing Super Bowl LI and rehashing whether or not JG will be here in 2018 has nothing to do with the Patriots having an undefeated season in 2017.
That is not true at all. Please link any of them. Again posters are not here to post specifically to your guidelines, sometime, many times, most times conversations move in multiple directions if that is an issue for you you have the option to ignore them you certainly shouldn't be demanding how the conversation goes especially when it is indeed on course.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see three losses - easy

One to one of the NFCS teams
One to one of the AFCW teams
One to either @Dolphins Monday Night or @ Pittsburgh on a short week after the Dolphins

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see three losses - easy

One to one of the NFCS teams
One to one of the AFCW teams
One to either @Dolphins Monday Night or @ Pittsburgh on a short week after the Dolphins
Those IMO are very real possibilities

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Pats fans we should all remember the old, "On Paper the Colts are the best team should win it all ".

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Brady pick six was a well disguised play that TB12 never saw. So taking credit from ATL is just wrong IMO. Look I am not going to argue this, debate this, delve into personal opinion anymore than we already have. You see it your way I saw it mine I am more than okay with this.
You are flat out wrong. The area was congested and he had no business throwing there.. Edelman was streaking free.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The topic is being undefeated in 2017, not rehashing Super Bowl LI or whether or not JG is going to be here next year. There are other threads for those discussions.
The topic is wherever it goes. It's a discussion forum not a library.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not as concerned with the Denver/Oak back to back. BB already has a plan for this and has prob implemented it during the off-season. That is why he is heads above everyone else. if this took place in the 1st month of the season, I would be concerned. However, these games will be played at the time of yr when a Patriots team is playing it's best football. I am not saying a blowout at all in either game, but I can see them winning both games if everyone is healthy.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Brady pick six was a well disguised play that TB12 never saw. So taking credit from ATL is just wrong IMO. Look I am not going to argue this, debate this, delve into personal opinion anymore than we already have. You see it your way I saw it mine I am more than okay with this.
Did @HammerDown put you up to this?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh I see so let's just make it a yes or no response so the thread won't last any longer than one post per poster. Last years roster and games are relevant to this years team, the back up QB is relevant to the this years team. I really see no logic in where you are going with this, NONE!
I disagree totally. Last years season, games, players... have zero effect on what will happen this year. BB starts almost every new year with forget about what happened last year. Forget about what happened last quarter. Do your job on every play. You can't change what happened.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree totally. Last years season, games, players... have zero effect on what will happen this year. BB starts almost every new year with forget about what happened last year. Forget about what happened last quarter. Do your job on every play. You can't change what happened.
I agree but the corps group of players are the same a year older but the same the same. The coaches are the same and the noobs havn't shown they are a fit yet. Last year is a measure that is to be considered as it relates to this years team

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could we go undefeated? I think so. There's never been a game with Tom as the qb where I'm thinking "Awe shucks....we are gonna lose today. The other team is so much better." I feel the Patriots are a better team. With a better coach. Some times we get our ass's handed too us. But I honestly feel before the game starts we are going to win. So, I say yes! We could go undefeated.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could we go undefeated? I think so. There's never been a game with Tom as the qb where I'm thinking "Awe shucks....we are gonna lose today. The other team is so much better." I feel the Patriots are a better team. With a better coach. Some times we get our ass's handed too us. But I honestly feel before the game starts we are going to win. So, I say yes! We could go undefeated.

Well said.....

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course he is going to say that.
Is their focus in July to go 19-0?
Maybe...Maybe not...
Is their intent after they are 1-0 to go 2-0? Yes.
Is their intent if they get to 15-0 to get to 16-0. Yes.
Of course they will try to win every single game they are in.
They are not playing for 2nd place here.

Never let up.
Or, as they say in the racing world,

WFO

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he is going to say that.
Is their focus in July to go 19-0?
Maybe...Maybe not...
Is their intent after they are 1-0 to go 2-0? Yes.
Is their intent if they get to 15-0 to get to 16-0. Yes.
Of course they will try to win every single game they are in.
They are not playing for 2nd place here.

Never let up.
Or, as they say in the racing world,

WFO
Maybe he said it because it's just stupid. For a lot of reasons. 1. You never know of new players will work out. 2. Returning champs always a target. 3. Tough schedule. 4. Injury 5. Nothing indicates this team is so much better than any other that they cannot be beaten.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he said it because it's just stupid. For a lot of reasons. 1. You never know of new players will work out. 2. Returning champs always a target. 3. Tough schedule. 4. Injury 5. Nothing indicates this team is so much better than any other that they cannot be beaten.

Of course to all of those...But
The ultimate goal is raising Lombardi Trophy.
The best way to do that is with home field advantage throughout the playoffs and the extra week off that comes with a number 1 seed to rest, heal and prepare.
The only way to do that is to have the best record in the division.
The best way to do that is to prepare all offseason to beat every opponent.

Every team wants to run the table. Including the '17 Pats.
They have a big enough target on their backs by being the Hated Patriots and the defending champs.
If any player came out and said "yeah, our goal is to run the table on all you mofo losers" it would
A) Be bad luck
B) Tempt some teams that have no chance to be a bit more enthusiastic about inflicting injuries.
C) Irritate Bill.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course to all of those...But
The ultimate goal is raising Lombardi Trophy.
The best way to do that is with home field advantage throughout the playoffs and the extra week off that comes with a number 1 seed to rest, heal and prepare.
The only way to do that is to have the best record in the division.
The best way to do that is to prepare all offseason to beat every opponent.

Every team wants to run the table. Including the '17 Pats.
They have a big enough target on their backs by being the Hated Patriots and the defending champs.
If any player came out and said "yeah, our goal is to run the table on all you mofo losers" it would
A) Be bad luck
B) Tempt some teams that have no chance to be a bit more enthusiastic about inflicting injuries.
C) Irritate Bill.
In the end this boils down to how realistic is it that any team can run the table and the answer is not very realistic in fact it's more likely a team goes win less. If the question which NFL team has the best shot of running the table then IMO the Pats are in that conversation but it's still not likely to happen.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard on Boston Sports Tonight that the Vegas Book has the Patriots favored to win every game.

The book is certainly different than winning every game 21-7 but what they want is the opposing fan to place his cash on his favorite team against the Patriots and lose to the spread.

The book isn't saying that the Pats will go undefeated against every opponent, they're saying they'll go undefeated against the spread.....

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end this boils down to how realistic is it that any team can run the table and the answer is not very realistic in fact it's more likely a team goes win less. If the question which NFL team has the best shot of running the table then IMO the Pats are in that conversation but it's still not likely to happen.

Agreed that it is not very realistic because of all the reasons you mentioned before.
I was more discussing Edelman's rational than I was the probability of it actually happening.

There has only been twice that a team has lost every game in a season, and only twice that a team has won every game in a season. Not including playoffs of course...