• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Undefeated in 2017??

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Patriots/Brady Haters..............STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This is not a thread for name calling, immature behavior or Anti-Patriots, Anti-Brady garbage. If you decide to participate, keep it civil.

Bill Belichick did things during the spring and early summer of 2017 that he's never done previously as the Head Coach of the New England Patriots. He went out and spent money on Offense and Defense in the first week of free agency. He made trades using dr4aft choices to get players to either directly fill or back fill positions on the Patriots. Why would such a conservative coach and GM drastically change his Modis Operandi so dramatically?

The simple answer is that he wants to win back to back Super Bowls for the second time. More importantly, it appears that he's juiced up the best team in the NFL for another UNDEFEATED Season. Tom Brady will be 40 years old when the season begins. In 2007, the Patriots went 16-0 in the regular season and were denied an undefeated season in the Super Bowl by the Giants. In 2014, the Patriots won their first Super Bowl in 10 years when they defeated the Seattle Seahawks. It's been 10 years since the last undefeated regular season and it appears that this is the last grasp at a possible clean schedule.

From all appearances, the biggest bump in the road are Weeks 10 & 11 at Denver and at Mexico City. Two weeks in a row after their Bye week where the Patriots will be required to play at altitudes above 5000 feet. A bit over 5200 in Denver and 7400 in Mexico. After that the biggest hole are the Steelers.

Considering the improvements made and the schedule, there is the distinct possibility that the Patriots could reach the Super Bowl at 18-0. Is 19-0 totally out of the question? Are expectations of patriots fans too high? Is Belichick hell bent to remove the last obstacle from an incredible coaching career? Will the 2017 Patriots finally put the Miami Dolphins 14-0 season in 1972 into the 'also' cabinet?

Personally, I think a 19-0 season is within reach and if the Patriots get to the Super Bowl 18-0 they will not fail to complete the mission. AND, I think Brady and Belichick will call it quits having accomplished the near impossible.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BK, I don't like to speculate on an undefeated season. There are so many factors that can get in the way; injuries to key personnel, lack of total focus from game to game, other teams playing over their heads to knock off the top dog (insert NY Giants here) and unforeseen circumstances (can you say deflategate?). All that being said, I feel the Pats may have the best chance they have ever had to go undefeated. I actually feel BB's actions in the off season have more to do with the age of TB12 than going 19-0. He really wants to surround TB with the best weapons he can get and ride him for at least 1-2 more Super Bowl runs. When TB does finally hang it up, I expect BB to join him. If he is still with NE, I expect McDaniels to take over the team. I still painfully remember the Randy Moss team and the 19-0 T-shirts that were donated to some South American country.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is IMO no way this team goes undefeated, in fact I am not sure they will win the SB. The Pats got there arses handed to them by ATL in the first half of that game, now on paper it appears some issues have been addressed but it's a tough schedule this year and all the signings don't mean a damn thing if they cannot adapt.

Media will speculate this because they need a story right now, a football story, but no way. I just don't think this team is that good.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with the "arses handed to them by ATL in the first half". Neither turnover was without great help from the pats. It should have been 14 to 9 at half, assuming only a pair of field goals instead of the turn overs.

Danny Ocho

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots are stacked with talent and depth, but I can't see them go undefeated like they did in the 2007 regular season. I kinda predicted them to go 14-2.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is gonna throw for 50 TDs and you'll make a real push to go undefeated.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with the "arses handed to them by ATL in the first half". Neither turnover was without great help from the pats. It should have been 14 to 9 at half, assuming only a pair of field goals instead of the turn overs.
I guess we watched a different game.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we watched a different game.
Your game didn't have two turnovers that were more about the pats lack of discipline than the Falcons aggressive playing? Of course the Falcons get credit too... It just those were Pats mistakes.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your game didn't have two turnovers that were more about the pats lack of discipline than the Falcons aggressive playing? Of course the Falcons get credit too... It just those were Pats mistakes.
The Brady pick six was a well disguised play that TB12 never saw. So taking credit from ATL is just wrong IMO. Look I am not going to argue this, debate this, delve into personal opinion anymore than we already have. You see it your way I saw it mine I am more than okay with this.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey...can we stay on topic and not get into petty pissing contests.

You need to vent.......go to any Politics Thread.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Undefeated, no...Winning a SB, there is no reason they can't. Anything can happen. This team will need to gel a little first, get use to each other. Sure we got some damn good players this off-season (Gill, Cooks, Gills, Rex, Ely) to go with the damn good players we already have, but they are new. Chemistry will be a little off for the first month, we saw it last yr. The good thing is, BB is not going to have to play around with guys in the first month to see who fits where. No more active one week, then inactive next week. This roster is deep and talented, everyone is in place. Time to just play!!

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeping Jimmy to me was the clearest signal that BB is chasing 19-0 along with another B2B.

Doing it will be tough, of course, especially with that Denver-Mexico City back to back stretch. But I really believe that's his goal for this season.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is IMO no way this team goes undefeated, in fact I am not sure they will win the SB. The Pats got there arses handed to them by ATL in the first half of that game, now on paper it appears some issues have been addressed but it's a tough schedule this year and all the signings don't mean a damn thing if they cannot adapt.

Media will speculate this because they need a story right now, a football story, but no way. I just don't think this team is that good.
Not really. The Pats got their asses handed to them for about 21 minutes of football. From the Blount fumble to the Coleman TD reception. 32.6% of the game.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey...can we stay on topic and not get into petty pissing contests.

You need to vent.......go to any Politics Thread.
We are on topic seems you may not be, and I really have no idea why we would go to the politics forum.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeping Jimmy to me was the clearest signal that BB is chasing 19-0 along with another B2B.

Doing it will be tough, of course, especially with that Denver-Mexico City back to back stretch. But I really believe that's his goal for this season.

What does keeping Jimmy have to do with it. He kept Jimmy for one of three reasons.

1. He could not get in trade what he felt Jimmy was valued at.

2. He overplayed the Jimmy card in hopes of acquiring the multiple picks he sought and it backfired.

3. He is the clear cut heir apparent and the Pats will offer him a deal this season.

We really do not know how well Jimmy will do if TB12 was to go down.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 6 pretty spectacular quarters of play to draw a pretty reasonable conclusion of how well he'd do. The cost of acquiring Jimmy from this team was elevated because BB knows, or at least very strongly feels, that he can still win with him if deity-of-your-choosing forbid something happened to Tom. The only way it makes sense to keep him for the future would be that he knows Tom is hanging it up after this year. They can't afford to keep them both on the roster after this year. That's why this year is an all-in play. If he wanted to get something of value in return for Jimmy before he's a UFA, this would've been the best time to do it...next year when he would have to tag and trade him he won't get as strong a return.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 6 pretty spectacular quarters of play to draw a pretty reasonable conclusion of how well he'd do. The cost of acquiring Jimmy from this team was elevated because BB knows, or at least very strongly feels, that he can still win with him if deity-of-your-choosing forbid something happened to Tom. The only way it makes sense to keep him for the future would be that he knows Tom is hanging it up after this year. They can't afford to keep them both on the roster after this year. That's why this year is an all-in play. If he wanted to get something of value in return for Jimmy before he's a UFA, this would've been the best time to do it...next year when he would have to tag and trade him he won't get as strong a return.
Six quarters, really. IMO that is not even enough time for NFL defenses to figure out how to stop him. I would not hang my SB or undefeated hopes on six quarters of a back up QB.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are on topic seems you may not be, and I really have no idea why we would go to the politics forum.

The topic is being undefeated in 2017, not rehashing Super Bowl LI or whether or not JG is going to be here next year. There are other threads for those discussions.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The topic is being undefeated in 2017, not rehashing Super Bowl LI or whether or not JG is going to be here next year. There are other threads for those discussions.
Ohh I see so let's just make it a yes or no response so the thread won't last any longer than one post per poster. Last years roster and games are relevant to this years team, the back up QB is relevant to the this years team. I really see no logic in where you are going with this, NONE!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh I see so let's just make it a yes or no response so the thread won't last any longer than one post per poster. Last years roster and games are relevant to this years team, the back up QB is relevant to the this years team. I really see no logic in where you are going with this, NONE!

This third time this week that you've come after me with a nasty retort. I don't know what your problem is with me and I honestly don't give a shit. But as I stated, in my opinion, rehashing Super Bowl LI and rehashing whether or not JG will be here in 2018 has nothing to do with the Patriots having an undefeated season in 2017.