• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Undefeated in 2017??

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to Sports Tonight on CSN, the three commentators were discussing the Patriots radical change from the norm in the first two days of free agency. They signed a top free agent CB and made three trades.

The question was asked, what is motivating Bill Belichick to make such a drastic change in his actions and mental approach to this free agency period??

The answer...................Belichick is looking to put together a team that will go 19-0 in 2017.

They really got into what might be the biggest motivator because BB has accomplished just about everything else and missed the perfect season in 2007.

They made two huge moves giving up the 1st and 2nd round picks in 2017 for high quality players. Now that he has to wait until the 3rd round of the draft, who else can he get and what's next?

Sign Hightower and Butler?

Trade Garapollo and pick up more picks to trade?

Pats are gearing up for a 2017 schedule that features 7 of the best QBs in the NFL......

Is Belichick really loading up to get that 6th ring and a 19-0 season??

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too easy to lose 1 game plus I'm not sure Belichick wants to wear out the team to do it which sort of happened in 2007. Superbowl wins are what matter and they know it.

I think Belichick has calculated how long he thinks Brady has left and he's loading up for another run or two.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, They know this is TB last yr....
IMO TB has shown no signs of slowing down such as Peyton Manning did. He could go another four years, maybe more. My thing on this thread is to think that any team can go undefeated in this current NFL is laughable.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO TB has shown no signs of slowing down such as Peyton Manning did. He could go another four years, maybe more. My thing on this thread is to think that any team can go undefeated in this current NFL is laughable.

We have done it before (reg. season)

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am sure he wants to play 4 more years, and I am sure he could. However, his mother being sick and his wife wanting him to retire can make a man hang it up earlier.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure he wants to play 4 more years, and I am sure he could. However, his mother being sick and his wife wanting him to retire can make a man hang it up earlier.
If he wanted to be out it would have been now for the very reasons you mentioned. He will be the NE QB until he says otherwise.... GOAT.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't hope .it's a fact.
The fact is they've won 2 SBs and went 14-2 in the regular season with TB and Gronk missing considerable time. It's not out of the realm of possibility the Pats could go undefeated. Would I bet on it? No, but it's not impossible.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact is they've won 2 SBs and went 14-2 in the regular season with TB and Gronk missing considerable time. It's not out of the realm of possibility the Pats could go undefeated. Would I bet on it? No, but it's not impossible.

They do have a tough division coming to town in the AFC West. Many have called it the best top to bottom division in football. So not as easy of a path but right now it does look like it is the Patriots and then everybody else. Going to have to catch them on a bad day.

I will also say the NFC South has made a nice comeback in the NFL. Maybe has the best set of QB's of any division.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do have a tough division coming to town in the AFC West. Many have called it the best top to bottom division in football. So not as easy of a path but right now it does look like it is the Patriots and then everybody else. Going to have to catch them on a bad day.

I will also say the NFC South has made a nice comeback in the NFL. Maybe has the best set of QB's of any division.
Catch them after their bye week. For some strange reason they seem to struggle coming off their bye:noidea::noidea:
Definetely one of their tougher schedules as it stands today than they've faced recently.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017 Patriots Opponents
Away: Steelers, Bucs, Saints, Raiders, Broncos, Bills, Dolphins, Jets
Home: Texans, Panthers, Falcons, Chargers, Chiefs, Bills, Dolphins, Jets

The AFC South could present some problems. The Bucs appear to be making some serious upgrades. I'm just not convinced that Winston is the QB that will propel them deep in the playoffs. The Falcons have a good team but they were a shell in the fourth quarter of the SB. Everyone says that Patriots were lucky that so many things went their way. I think the Patriots made everything go their at the expense of a less stellar Falcons defense and a Falcons offense that shot its wad early and was done. Who are the Panthers? The team that nearly went undefeated in 2015? The team that couldn't find its mom in the grocery store in 2016? The Saints.....41 points one week, 14 yards the next. Who will show up in the Superdome?

The AFC West is always competitive but The Raiders game is in Mexico City. While some folks think that's a Raider home game, it's not Oakland....it's Mexico. The Chargers have to pray that they play in Gillette in the early part of the schedule. They are NOT a cold weather team. The Chiefs are the Chiefs. Reid will have them playing well, but they are not unsolvable on defense and the bigger question is if Alex Smith is the QB that can take them to the next step. Finally, the Broncos. They aren't sure who they want as QB.....Siemian, Lynch, Romo, or a 2017 draftee. They're trying to shore up a pourous offensive line in hopes that whoever is behind it can stay upright.
The defense is good but it's getting older by the year.

Injuries will always play a role in whether any team can get through a season and make the playoffs. Staying healthy is critical. If the Patriots don't have any serious injuries.............going undefeated in NOT impossible.