• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Umm, So what is so great about the T'Wolves right now???

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blazers had a top 50 all-time NBA SG already; it's not like it was a position of need.

Was gonna post the same thing when I saw yours.

I always laugh when people claim taking Bowie over MJ was a mistake. It wasn't.

The Blazers already had Drexler and needed a center. Bowie was the best available. They may have been able to win a title or 2 if his knees didn't fall off.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Blazers already had Drexler and needed a center. Bowie was the best available. They may have been able to win a title or 2 if his knees didn't fall off.
of course it was a mistake.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m still trying to figure out how Thibs didn’t take OG with that pick he somehow got back in the butler deal.

He was born to play for him. Huge mistake.

Well when you have the chance to grab your 3rd string Center you have to take it!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blazers had a top 50 all-time NBA SG already; it's not like it was a position of need.

What about Oden over KD? Why no mention of that? Same franchise.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also mentioned Oden over Durant. But you & shopson67 didn't mention that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course it was a mistake.

In hindsight maybe because of Bowie's knees. But it wasn't a mistake at the time the draft was done. They had the 2nd overall pick, needed a center and Olajuwon had already been taken at #1.

Using hindsight to say something was a mistake is just weak.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Oden over KD? Why no mention of that?

That was an obvious mistake. However, that situation made the Cavs and Bucks GMs screw up and not draft Embiid over Wiggins and Parker. Well, the Bucks at least, since Lebron made the Cavs trade Wiggins for Love immediately anyway.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In hindsight maybe because of Bowie's knees. But it wasn't a mistake at the time the draft was done. They had the 2nd overall pick, needed a center and Olajuwon had already been taken at #1.

That is why I like the Timberwolves, you never have to wait for hindsight to know they made a mistake.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also mentioned Oden over Durant. But you & shopson67 didn't mention that.

And?

I can't speak for shopson, but I didn't mention it because that one was a mistake. Bowie over MJ wasn't at the time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the only way you can grade drafts is by hindsight to a certain extent. Otherwise whats the point?

I understand the logic of taking a center when you have a SG- but they passed on maybe the greatest player of all time- that was absolutely in the discussion at that time.

If Jordan was not in the discussion and was a sleeper like a Draymond thats one thing- but he was without a doubt a viable option at that point.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only way you can grade drafts is by hindsight to a certain extent. Otherwise whats the point?

I understand the logic of taking a center when you have a SG- but they passed on maybe the greatest player of all time- that was absolutely in the discussion at that time.

If Jordan was not in the discussion and was a sleeper like a Draymond thats one thing- but he was without a doubt a viable option at that point.

Jordan was in the discussion, but he was a far better player as a pro than he ever was as in college. You know the old joke; who's the only person that could hold Jordan under 20 pts per game? Dean Smith.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, it isn't the only way. You have to look at what a team needed at the time and whether or not a player was drafted earlier than projected.

If Bowie had been projected to be drafted much later and the Blazers took him at #2...that would be a mistake. But that wasn't the case. The Blazers already had a top SG, needed a center and Bowie was the next best with Olajuwon already taken. The fact that Bowie's knees fell apart wasn't the Blazers fault.

MJ was seen as a potentially great player. No one was talking about him as GOAT at the time. The Blazers already had a future HoF'er at SG. So no, it wasn't a mistake to take Bowie when they already had Drexler.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was an obvious mistake. However, that situation made the Cavs and Bucks GMs screw up and not draft Embiid over Wiggins and Parker. Well, the Bucks at least, since Lebron made the Cavs trade Wiggins for Love immediately anyway.

Was it?

Oden had a better rookie year than Durant.

It was bad luck that his body just completely disintegrated.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it isn't the only way. You have to look at what a team needed at the time and whether or not a player was drafted earlier than projected.

If Bowie had been projected to be drafted much later and the Blazers took him at #2...that would be a mistake. But that wasn't the case. The Blazers already had a top SG, needed a center and Bowie was the next best with Olajuwon already taken. The fact that Bowie's knees fell apart wasn't the Blazers fault.

MJ was seen as a potentially great player. No one was talking about him as GOAT at the time. The Blazers already had a future HoF'er at SG. So no, it wasn't a mistake to take Bowie when they already had Drexler.
i mean- obviously it was a mistake. There could not be anything more obvious in the history of the NBA.

GM's are paid to be right. If they are not right the blame is on them- not on what they thought the circumstances were at the time that led them to a wrong result.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean- obviously it was a mistake. There could not be anything more obvious in the history of the NBA.

GM's are paid to be right. If they are not right the blame is on them- not on what they thought the circumstances were at the time that led them to a wrong result.

You're wrong. There could not be anything more obvious in the history of the NBA.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're wrong. There could not be anything more obvious in the history of the NBA.
lol

you are actually arguing that drafting Sam Bowie over Jodran was not a mistake.

Just think of that. Lol...think of what you are saying please for the love of God.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

you are actually arguing that drafting Sam Bowie over Jodran was not a mistake.

Just think of that. Lol...think of what you are saying please for the love of God.

Good to see you and @Wamu are still retarded. :pound: