• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UM Football Recruits 2014 and beyond

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this totally rules out Westphal or Jackson. I think they would take another DB if they could get their hands on either of these two, especially Jackson. Odds are slim though.

I still think this is a solid top 10 class that could move into the top 5 if Hand and McD both end up here.

I still thought we had a real shot at Scott. The main attraction at Clemson is Morris' offensive scheme and by all accounts, he will have his own gig in a year or be in the NFL.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we do have a tradition of going after and accepting commitments from unknown camp prospects, Avery, Stribling, now these two... if the coaching staff is willing to grant them committable offers after seeing them in action, I am cool with it.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like George Campbell is changing his plans and may not come to the BBQ. There are also rumblings that the Tampa Trio may still all end up at the same school (not ours). If that happens, Blue1012 needs to sign off because there is likely to be some serious whining.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really? anything could happen but I was under the impression that Cole was solid on his commitment...

I found it amusing how Denzel Ward ended up committing to Purdue after taking off to play in Florida... fascinating stuff :what:

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Furbush makes 14. Anybody know the makeup the final 5-6 are expected to be. There has to be 1-2 more OL, doesn't there. And 1-2 DE's. Maybe a S and a RB.

On a side note. I found out over on another thread that Alabama fans can be a little thin-skinned. amongst other things, I learned Alabama is a more prestigious university than our beloved due to tougher admissions standards.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Artavis Scott Prediction: UCF

Apparently he has narrowed his final 3 down to Clemson, Florida, and UCF

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Furbush makes 14. Anybody know the makeup the final 5-6 are expected to be. There has to be 1-2 more OL, doesn't there. And 1-2 DE's. Maybe a S and a RB.

On a side note. I found out over on another thread that Alabama fans can be a little thin-skinned. amongst other things, I learned Alabama is a more prestigious university than our beloved due to tougher admissions standards.

I've spent enough time on and around both AA and Tuscaloosa.....Academics are the least thing kids in the south care about.

It's very fertile ground with athletes, Until Saban is gone he will keep that machine running. You can hate me for saying it.

Hoke is making strides to close that gap, He's even making bigger strides in recruiting for value.

The SEC coaches don't sell kids on education, they sell them on NFL possibilities.

Stand strong Michigan, even parents want their kids to have a good education.

Coyote57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I learned Alabama is a more prestigious university than our beloved due to
tougher admissions standards.

I wonder what criteria they used?

Here's what I found on Bama's admission standard:

SAT=
· SAT CriticalReading: 500 / 620
· SAT Math: 500 / 640
· SAT Writing: 490 /610

ACT's
ACT Composite: 22 / 30
ACT English: 22 / 31
ACT Math: 21 / 28

UMichigan:

SAT's

· SAT CriticalReading: 610 / 700
· SAT Math: 650 / 760
· SAT Writing: 620 /720

ACTs
    • ACT Composite: 28 / 32
    • ACT English: 28 / 34
    • ACT Math: 28 / 34
The World University Accademic Rankings site on American Universities has UM ranked 18th, Bama ranked 79th.

Not sure where the Bama fans are coming from

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very fertile ground with athletes, Until Saban is gone he will keep that machine running. You can hate me for saying it.

My point exactly. I contended that Saban was the primary factor in 'Bama's success. Bama fans claimed their success was due to institution prowess and their football legacy.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what criteria they used?

Here's what I found on Bama's admission standard:

SAT=
· SAT CriticalReading: 500 / 620
· SAT Math: 500 / 640
· SAT Writing: 490 /610

ACT's
ACT Composite: 22 / 30
ACT English: 22 / 31
ACT Math: 21 / 28

UMichigan:

SAT's

· SAT CriticalReading: 610 / 700
· SAT Math: 650 / 760
· SAT Writing: 620 /720

ACTs
    • ACT Composite: 28 / 32
    • ACT English: 28 / 34
    • ACT Math: 28 / 34
The World University Accademic Rankings site on American Universities has UM ranked 18th, Bama ranked 79th.

Not sure where the Bama fans are coming from

This is only a secret to the people that live in the south. Granted I live in TN but these college kids (high school kids) haven't been outside their county.

How do you expect them to even understand how to get to Michigan? GPS? They can't afford one......They could steal one and we are right back to square one.

Meyer and Saban would look the other way if they got caught stealing GPS. I think Hoke would just dismiss the kid from the team.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meyer and Saban would look the other way if they got caught stealing GPS. I think Hoke would just dismiss the kid from the team.

Problem is our WR's aren't fast enough to get away from the authorities.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need a 1490 on SAT's to get into Michigan. I got lower then that, seems kinda high for a lot of these kids.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh dam that's Bama! No way. I thought you just needed a 2.5 HS GPA?

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Problem is our WR's aren't fast enough to get away from the authorities.

Finally I get a joke or sarcasm from you.

What has taken you so long??

You have the comedy in you jalopy, embrace it.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh dam that's Bama! No way. I thought you just needed a 2.5 HS GPA?

That crap doesn't qualify. You just need to run fast, catch balls, be big and have stupid parents.

These kids aren't making their own decisions. Their GD parents are not even qualified to make those choices for their own kids.

Wake up.

The Youth is so dumbed down even sportshoopla says I'm spelling "dumbed" down wrong.......How much more evidence do you need?

Some kid created right and wrong about how to spell the word dumbed down and he's wrong......

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fantastic! Now if you could tell me what part of my statement was a joke or sarcastic, I will consider myself enlightened as well.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean do Bama players really "need" a 1490 SAT? Even if they break the rules, which they do, those are the rules?

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fantastic! Now if you could tell me what part of my statement was a joke or sarcastic, I will consider myself enlightened as well.

Dang it man! If you don't know then I can't help you,

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 14 commits, Michigan should have about 6 spots left depending on attrition. A realistic ideal 6 would include:

Malik McDowell DE
DaShawn Hand DE (Garrett Dickerson could fill this spot if Hand goes to Lord Saban)
Montae Nicholson S
Parrker Westphal CB
RB ? I still think we end up with a RB in this class but have no clue as to who it is.Fournette seems destined for LSU and Hillman to the nuts.
LB or WR? I have a feeling Mattison wants another LB if they can attract a quality one. Nyles Morgan would be ideal but the Furbush commit might sour our chances.

My guess is this class is pretty much sealed up after the BBQ with the exception of Hand.

Coyote57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montae Nicholson S
Parrker Westphal CB
RB ? I still think we end up with a RB in this class but have no clue as to who it is.Fournette seems destined for LSU and Hillman to the nuts.
LB or WR? I have a feeling Mattison wants another LB if they can attract a quality one. Nyles Morgan would be ideal but the Furbush commit might sour our chances.

What about the Smith kid - S plays with Lattamore... 4* maybe? Any word on his interest level? I read somewhere about him and Lattamore - I think Latt's a lock of the nutz-but don't recall w/ confidence what I read.

Bundy seems determined Westphal is going elsewhere.

Assuming Hand and Malik go Blue...

I'd like to see another 4* OL in the class, and I'm one who thinks you can never have too many quality DB's. I'd like to see a RB in there, too, but Green kinda takes some of the panic off if it doesn't happen I this class. I also like lotsa LB's, often make great ST guys if they can't break into the line-up.