• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ugly Win but.....

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle will be a WC at best

I think they are a little above average. I could see them beating Rams and Cards at home though. I could also see the Rams dropping one in TN. Tough though for a team that's as good as the Rams to lose 3 in a row, so maybe they win one of them. I know they are pretty banged up after yesterday. Both CBs could be out for the yr.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday was killer on a couple of fronts. Cleveland choking against GB and the Vaunted Vikings D getting tore up late by the Panthers
The Panthers winning wasn't the problem. The problem was the Falcons, Lions, and Packers all winning and the Rams losing. Who knows the mind state of Philly after losing Wentz like that. They could have definitely went on a losing streak just like Dallas did after losing Zeke and gave us a shot at the Division. But that Ram loss clinched Philly the division and diminished our odds of making the playoffs even more. That pretty much killed our chances. We not only have to win out, but need a ton of help. The Packers could certainly lose once, and the Falcons could definitely lose twice, but that leaves the Lions who have an incredibly easy schedule and if the Packers are eliminated this weekend after losing to Carolina, they might not even play Rodgers in Detroit, so that would make it even easier for the Lions. But this is the Lions after all. The unthinkable needs to happen for Dallas to make the playoffs. Not only do they need to win out, but they need Detroit to drop a game against either Chicago at home, in Cincinnati, or at home against a Packer team that could possibly have nothing to play for and bench Rodgers. I know it's the Lions, but I don't see them dropping either, which is why the unthinkable would need to happen and they lose one of those games.

This is also pretty big: We need the Rams to not choke their division away because they also have a tiebreaker over us. Considering the Rams play at Seattle, at Tennessee, and at home against an improved Niners team, the Rams are no lock to win their division even if Dallas does beat Seattle(assuming they beat Oakland obviously). It would be a miracle if the Cowboys make it. It's not just Roger Goodell that ruined our season, but blowing those two games against the Packers and Rams at home in which they led by double digits. That is the absolute killer. We can't even really blame Goodell even though the entire Zeke situation was bullshit. We had both of those games in hand and those games are why we have almost zero chance of making it. And the funny thing is, after we lost both of those games, I said to myself that those games would probably come back to haunt Dallas. Boy did they ever. You can't blow double digit leads at home. And you especially can't blow a game in which you let a team drive down the field for 75 yards in under a minute to score the winning TD. I don't care if it was Rodgers, you can't blow that game. Playoff teams win those games. Inexcusable.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys don't own a single tiebreaker against any of these teams:

Falcons
Packers
Rams

And seven teams in the NFC currently have a better record. Absolutely killer.

Considering that this team is cursed because of Jerry, it's not unreasonable to think that they have no chance whatsoever.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Panthers winning wasn't the problem. The problem was the Falcons, Lions, and Packers all winning and the Rams losing. Who knows the mind state of Philly after losing Wentz like that. They could have definitely went on a losing streak just like Dallas did after losing Zeke and gave us a shot at the Division. But that Ram loss clinched Philly the division and diminished our odds of making the playoffs even more. That pretty much killed our chances. We not only have to win out, but need a ton of help. The Packers could certainly lose once, and the Falcons could definitely lose twice, but that leaves the Lions who have an incredibly easy schedule and if the Packers are eliminated this weekend after losing to Carolina, they might not even play Rodgers in Detroit, so that would make it even easier for the Lions. But this is the Lions after all. The unthinkable needs to happen for Dallas to make the playoffs. Not only do they need to win out, but they need Detroit to drop a game against either Chicago at home, in Cincinnati, or at home against a Packer team that could possibly have nothing to play for and bench Rodgers. I know it's the Lions, but I don't see them dropping either, which is why the unthinkable would need to happen and they lose one of those games.

This is also pretty big: We need the Rams to not choke their division away because they also have a tiebreaker over us. Considering the Rams play at Seattle, at Tennessee, and at home against an improved Niners team, the Rams are no lock to win their division even if Dallas does beat Seattle(assuming they beat Oakland obviously). It would be a miracle if the Cowboys make it. It's not just Roger Goodell that ruined our season, but blowing those two games against the Packers and Rams at home in which they led by double digits. That is the absolute killer. We can't even really blame Goodell even though the entire Zeke situation was bullshit. We had both of those games in hand and those games are why we have almost zero chance of making it. And the funny thing is, after we lost both of those games, I said to myself that those games would probably come back to haunt Dallas. Boy did they ever. You can't blow double digit leads at home. And you especially can't blow a game in which you let a team drive down the field for 75 yards in under a minute to score the winning TD. I don't care if it was Rodgers, you can't blow that game. Playoff teams win those games. Inexcusable.
You are right about those double digit leads at home and also home losses to SD and Eagles. Way to many home losses, but the killers are the Ram and Packers losses. And to think, I turned the Rams game off, thinking we had it. Yea Roger stuck it to Zeke and the ZCowboys, but we should be at least 9-4 now.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
  2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in conference games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss
When the first Wild-Card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second Wild-Card, i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tie breaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a Wild-Card berth.

#1 shouldn't matter for us because no division team will be there. To get past #2 we need to beat Seattle and have hem in the mix or have a team we did not play. #3: we will be 8-4 if we win all 3 games. Atl will be 9-4 if they go 10-6, all other teams we could be ahead of or tied with. #4 and beyond I don't bother looking at

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
  2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in conference games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss
When the first Wild-Card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second Wild-Card, i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tie breaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a Wild-Card berth.

#1 shouldn't matter for us because no division team will be there. To get past #2 we need to beat Seattle and have hem in the mix or have a team we did not play. #3: we will be 8-4 if we win all 3 games. Atl will be 9-4 if they go 10-6, all other teams we could be ahead of or tied with. #4 and beyond I don't bother looking at

Atlanta would have had to play 4 vs AFC.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you meant. They would be 9-3.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other words I think we need some major help, not to mention take care of our own. I think the 6th spot comes down to Dallas, Atl., Seattle. We need Atl to lose 2.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Bailey - K - Cowboys
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said K Dan Bailey has a minor hamstring injury.

It explains why the hyper-accurate kicker missed two field goals and an extra point against the Giants. Jones does not expect the injury to be an issue moving forward, but it is something to monitor. If he plays, Bailey will be a great option against the Raiders.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said before the season that rod smith should be the back up behind zeke. Most of the time the coaches are too stupid and keep accepting sub part play. Byron Jones is a terrible safety and I said this last season. Go with the rooks.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis,awuzue and woods are going to keep getting better. That Lewis has the potential to be all pro and so does awuzie. Woods should be very good as well

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis,awuzue and woods are going to keep getting better. That Lewis has the potential to be all pro and so does awuzie. Woods should be very good as well

I am not as down on Byron as you are. I understand the sentiment but I think he is asked to do way more than he is capable of. When the other guys get better I think he will be a fine fit. Heath is the one that make a huge hole for others to play a good game, IMO.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not as down on Byron as you are. I understand the sentiment but I think he is asked to do way more than he is capable of. When the other guys get better I think he will be a fine fit. Heath is the one that make a huge hole for others to play a good game, IMO.
Exactly. I am praying this team just plays him as a true FS and stops putting him in the box and sees what he really has. If you want him to cover TEs because he is the best option we have, fine, but then as a hybrid. I am a big Jones guy, but even I know he should not be playing SS on running downs. It's just not his thing and it weakens the middle of the defense. If we want to play some 2 deep and do it with Woods and Jones back there we get sideline to sideline help and it would allow our CBs to be physical and aggressive at the line and not fear getting beat with Heath or Frazier too late to help out. IMO that is how we would get a lot of turnovers and that is what Awuzie and Lewis seem fit for.