• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UGA be careful what you wish for

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firing a head coach for going 9-3, went 145-51, won a couple of SEC titles, played in some BCS bowls, and had only 1 losing season. Refer to the Texas Longhorns. We're so bad, Big 12 teams are scheduling our shitty team for homecoming games now :L......

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all got "Strong-ed"

Kind of like how we got "Fran-ed"

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let them have their wish. Let them become a worse version of Tennessee and then see how horrible of a decision it really is. :dhd:

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee hired Kiffin and Dooley though. They kind of decided to blow up the program. Unless Georgia hires the equivalent, I don't think the situations are similar.

Apparently Mack Brown recruited a bunch of candy asses, Strong is too dense to fire his coordinators who are failing at their jobs, and he apparently forgot that you cannot kick half the team off of the roster and expect to compete. Richt's recruiting doesn't seem to be the problem and we don't know what their new coach will do regarding staff loyalty and character based attrition.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams firing good coach's wanting to get to the next level. Guess what? Teams are getting to the next level! This is why I laughed at people for wanting to fire Stoops after last year.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee hired Kiffin and Dooley though. They kind of decided to blow up the program. Unless Georgia hires the equivalent, I don't think the situations are similar.

Apparently Mack Brown recruited a bunch of candy asses, Strong is too dense to fire his coordinators who are failing at their jobs, and he apparently forgot that you cannot kick half the team off of the roster and expect to compete. Richt's recruiting doesn't seem to be the problem and we don't know what their new coach will do regarding staff loyalty and character based attrition.
Muffin to Georgia would be great :hope: :laugh3:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mack Brown's talent that he left Strong may not have been elite enough to win the Big 12 or NC, but it was definitely good enough to be 8-5 and competitive. It was easily good enough to beat fucking Iowa State. Last year saw 9 of Mack's guys get drafted or sign FA contracts. The talent was fine. Elite? Not at all, but good enough to not have back to back losing seasons. This is all coaching. Has nothing to do with Mack Brown. This has to do with Strong failing to surround himself with a competent coaching staff. Notice not one school with a coaching vacancy is knocking on Strong's door trying to lure any of his coaches away?

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firing a head coach for going 9-3, went 145-51, won a couple of SEC titles, played in some BCS bowls, and had only 1 losing season. Refer to the Texas Longhorns. We're so bad, Big 12 teams are scheduling our shitty team for homecoming games now :L......

It's not enough in this league when your paid to win against teams like Bama and Florida

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack Brown's talent that he left Strong may not have been elite enough to win the Big 12 or NC, but it was definitely good enough to be 8-5 and competitive. It was easily good enough to beat fucking Iowa State. Last year saw 9 of Mack's guys get drafted or sign FA contracts. The talent was fine. Elite? Not at all, but good enough to not have back to back losing seasons. This is all coaching. Has nothing to do with Mack Brown. This has to do with Strong failing to surround himself with a competent coaching staff. Notice not one school with a coaching vacancy is knocking on Strong's door trying to lure any of his coaches away?

Okay... we're on the same page then.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Georgia is making the right decision. Richt lost to Bopleeny for gawd sakes.

They get great talent down there. Enough to win a Natty with a coach who can put all the pieces together. Richt is not that guy. He's had plenty of time.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's this way in every college sport. Fabs, boosters, alumni become entitled and think their program is better than it really is, generally because the guy they want to get rid of came in and took them to a new level. It's the reason I laugh when people want Ferentz out at Iowa. UGA is a different level program obviously but UGA isn't Texas, UGA isn't Nebraska, UGA isn't USC, he'll UGA isn't even Miami. Those schools I can at least understand where they were coming from. UGA has 1 national title. 1. And it was 35 years ago. Know your role.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams firing good coach's wanting to get to the next level. Guess what? Teams are getting to the next level! This is why I laughed at people for wanting to fire Stoops after last year.
Yes, i remember this. I said on here: If you fire the most successful coach in CFB since the BCS began, you're the dumbest mutherfuckers in the world.