• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ufc 226

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the Lesnar move coming. I'm a huge Lesnar fan but if the UFC is going to continue to do moves like this one they should do away with the ranking system and just schedule fights for PPV sales. I didn't care for the Connor/Diaz fights. To me they were just money grabs so he didn't have to defend the title. I see this as the same.
He fought Diaz the first time because rda backed out 10 days before their title fight. And they rematched because conor lost. Both fights were fantastic too. The conor now is annoying though

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He fought Diaz the first time because rda backed out 10 days before their title fight. And they rematched because conor lost. Both fights were fantastic too. The conor now is annoying though

I didn't mean they were bad fights. I'm just saying that the title holder should be defending the belt. If that isn't going to happen then do away with the ranking system and just match fights for the biggest PPV.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both sucked. I think the money got to them. I think when they got in that final clinch Stipe said tap me on the chin and I will go down and we can go have beers and count our cash.

What a disappointment. He got hit with bombs from Ngannou and didnt drop but a love tap from DC and he is out. Smells fishy.

I don't know what it was but both guys seemed gassed or off their game. Most of the fight was just them two circling with brief periods of drunken punches and kicks going both ways before Stipe got caught with one and down he went. But it was no where close to that shitfest the Ngannou/Lewis fight was.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I missing something? ESPN headline about Cormier's win is, "Daniel Cormier's magical moment tarnished by Brock Lesnar" and "Cormier confronted by Lesnar after UFC 226 win" …….

I guess I am asking, with those headlines, if I missed something prior to Cormier being the one who called out Lesnar after his win? Was Lesnar talking trash prior to this fight? Did he say something at the start of the PPV about Cormier? What I saw was Cormier winning and then being the one calling out Lesnar. Yet ESPN makes it sound like Lesnar was the one who started all this.

I am with one of the above posters that if the UFC is going to continue these WWE hyped storylines, then go away with the ranking system. Or simply, with the ranking system create a storyline between the champion and the #1 contender. Last nights deal with Cormier and Lesnar was maybe the most obviously staged set up I've seen from the UFC. First, Cormier almost sounds friendly "calling" Lesnar out, like they are buddies, then Lesnar enters the octagon smiling and suddenly pushes Cormier. Then it is all smiles and almost laughs from everyone involved.

I get it...…..storylines drive sales and make you money, but if you are going to go down that route, then at least be good at it and make it seem believable.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon man. You can’t really believe that. The punches that hurt the most are the ones you don’t see coming. And stipe didn’t see it coming at all. Dc seems to get a lot of hate. Maybe because he is kind of dork or maybe it’s because of how he looks. There is no doubt he is one of the greatest fighters of all time. His only blemishes are to a juicehead sociopath. Dc is going to destroy Brock btw

I like DC actually and yes he should beat Brock easily. Just think Stipe finally getting paid made a difference here. He fought like he did not care IMO.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like DC actually and yes he should beat Brock easily. Just think Stipe finally getting paid made a difference here. He fought like he did not care IMO.

He's always complained about money, and he knew that the winner go to fight against Lesnar, a huge money fight. I think he cared, and actually he was fighting well and even had a take down against a great wrestler.

I always liked Stipe, and I hope he gets that belt back once the circus ends.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the hate on DC. I personally think he's a really likeable guy. He's absolutely great at commentary that's for sure.

But for the fight itself, I didn't catch it but seems like he had much more power in his hands not being depleted. Sucks because I also like Stipe as a fighter as well.

I think what happens is Brock will be the last fight in DC's career (barring something ridiculous happening with Jon Jones). That will be the big pay-day for DC and after that he can vacate his belts. Once he does it should be right around the time we'll see Cain stepping back into the octagon. Makes perfect sense, timing-wise.

Brock is also I think a really tough matchup for DC. DC has the edge on striking, but Brock is a really accomplished wrestler.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the hate on DC. I personally think he's a really likeable guy. He's absolutely great at commentary that's for sure.

But for the fight itself, I didn't catch it but seems like he had much more power in his hands not being depleted. Sucks because I also like Stipe as a fighter as well.

I think what happens is Brock will be the last fight in DC's career (barring something ridiculous happening with Jon Jones). That will be the big pay-day for DC and after that he can vacate his belts. Once he does it should be right around the time we'll see Cain stepping back into the octagon. Makes perfect sense, timing-wise.

Brock is also I think a really tough matchup for DC. DC has the edge on striking, but Brock is a really accomplished wrestler.

DC just needs to make the fight go the distance. Brock's cardio is straight up garbage. Granted its pro wrestling (it's still physical), he's been getting winded and turning beet red within 4 minutes of action and he's barely doing anything to warrant such exhaustion. Even with getting back into MMA shape with a full camp, I can't imagine his cardio improving that much to where he could go a full 5 rounds. It's just hard for me to wrap my mind around going from "completely exhausted 2 minutes into a low stress pro wrestling match" to "I can go a full 5 rounds against an all time fighter". Plus, Brock's last couple of MMA fights weren't all that good either.