• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UFC 224

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that the UFC doesn't have Brazilian headliners anymore. The only Brazilian champs are both women. So when they run PPV in Brazil, they are forced to use Cyborg or Nunes as the main event headliner.
I forgot his name but that Brazilian guy who got knocked out a couple weeks ago who was knocking everyone out, i had high hopes for him. But he has a glass chin. That shot he took was a shiver.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with her was she faced a Rhonda who wanted to go toe to toe with her which as we have seen was a big fucking mistake. Holly has faced nothing but amazing competition since she wont that title. The only exception was the quitter Miesha Tate, who was a bad match up for her. Given, she was winning that fight handily when it went into the final round, but on the ground she wasnt ready for that. Since she fought the pussy Germaine deraindamine(however you spell it, Pussy cause she vacated the title instead of fighting Cyborg and hasnt fought since), a world class multiple time champion Muy Thai champion. Who i think she knows as well as anyone that if she didnt clock Holy after the bell she was losing that fight. Holy holm was a white belt in BJJ until less than a year ago. She has the tools, chin, technical striking ability, incredible heart, just lacks the ground game to even make it a viable option for her. She lost to Valentina Shevchenko in a close decision 5 round fight. And took Cyborg the distance. If you ask me Holy is by far the best MMA fighter. She could easily be undefeated.
Holy is a good fighter, but not better than Nunes or Cyborg. Holy really needs to learn the ground game. Her next opponent at UFC225 should be an equal striker match. Megan Anderson is an Invicta FC champ with similar fighting style and will be making her promotional debut to UFC. IIRC Anderson was signed to make her debut back in UFC 214 against Cyborg but fell through with personal issues. But Anderson really wants to fight Cyborg.

Why didn't Cyborg want to fight Nunes? I thought that was a done deal some time ago?

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy is a good fighter, but not better than Nunes or Cyborg. Holy really needs to learn the ground game. Her next opponent at UFC225 should be an equal striker match. Megan Anderson is an Invicta FC champ with similar fighting style and will be making her promotional debut to UFC. IIRC Anderson was signed to make her debut back in UFC 214 against Cyborg but fell through with personal issues. But Anderson really wants to fight Cyborg.

Why didn't Cyborg want to fight Nunes? I thought that was a done deal some time ago?
I agree that Holy needs to round her game out. But she is better than Nunes. Nunes has simply overpowered everyone, last nights fight showed me that she really lacks the technical striking ability overall. Cyborg would destroy her. Cyborg and Nunes is going to happen this year, as per dana white, Nunes had to defend first against Pennington. I was not impressed at all with her performance against Pennington.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Holy needs to round her game out. But she is better than Nunes. Nunes has simply overpowered everyone, last nights fight showed me that she really lacks the technical striking ability overall. Cyborg would destroy her. Cyborg and Nunes is going to happen this year, as per dana white, Nunes had to defend first against Pennington. I was not impressed at all with her performance against Pennington.
I didn't see the Pennington fight, but everything leading up to it made me feel like Nunes wasn't taking the fight very seriously. Seemed like a stat-padding fight the entire way. You give Nunes an opponent like Cyborg then I guarantee you'll see a much better fight from Nunes. She does rely on her striking ability, but doesn't shy away from the ground game. I think Nunes would destroy Holm unless Holy landed an early shot that threw Nunes off her game. But that goes with any fight. You land that early shot to set the tone and it typically results in victory.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wmma died when holm became an average fighter. She didn't take rondas momentum and run with it.

Rose Namajunas is the new key for Women's MMA. Great look, very good technical skill, title defense against a killer and she's getting better with each fight.

There are some talented women in MMA. I think the UFC just hasn't done a good job of marketing them. If Valentina takes that 125 belt, she's gonna hold on to that thing forever.

But seriously the UFC has to throw everything they got behind marketing Rose for the time being.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is there anyone that can beat Cyborg? From what I've seen it's an easy no.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
636099223961858952787060025_tumblr_obzujs2ztw1qjkyhho1_500.gif