• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UFC 218

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alistair-Overeem_226169_LeftFullBodyImage.png

francis-ngannou_557184_RightFullBodyImage.png

Alistair
Overeem
"The Reem"

VS

Francis
Ngannou
"The Predator"

Anyone else ready to see this fight?

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone see this?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone see this?

Nope.

Literally had no idea it was on until this morning when I saw the results. I don't follow UFC as much as I use to (usually catch a show once every 6 weeks to 2 months) but I swear I didn't see one advertisement for this. Is it just me or has UFC gotten really shitty at marketing itself over the last year? If McGregor isn't involved, its like they have no idea wtf to do

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

Literally had no idea it was on until this morning when I saw the results. I don't follow UFC as much as I use to (usually catch a show once every 6 weeks to 2 months) but I swear I didn't see one advertisement for this. Is it just me or has UFC gotten really shitty at marketing itself over the last year? If McGregor isn't involved, its like they have no idea wtf to do
It's almost like WWE to this point where the past two or three years it's just become oversaturated. It seems like there's some event on every weekend, whether it's on FOX, FS1, PPV or the Fight Pass. Also, I don't think that they've done a good job at marketing the fighters. The main ones they used to go to are either getting up there in age (Anderson Silva, GSP, Bisping to an extent in England), can't stay out of trouble (MacGregor and Jon Jones) or completely exposed (Rhonda Rousey).
I mainly don't watch it because the two fighters I do like are both in Bellator competing in that Grand Prix tournament starting next year (Chael Sonnen and Roy Nelson).