• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UCONN women's basketball

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it does.. I just worded my response back to you incorrectly.

Geno teaches excellence.

Just look at the article about Stewart today on ESPN. He coaches them to be of professional or Olympic level. He demands that of all of them. Where many coaches would let players get away with their natural ability. He demands more.

He teaches the PROCESS.

Like the article says, the phrase "national championship" is never uttered at practice. It's all about the process of getting to the point where you can be good enough to win a title.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno teaches excellence.

Just look at the article about Stewart today on ESPN. He coaches them to be of professional or Olympic level. He demands that of all of them. Where many coaches would let players get away with their natural ability. He demands more.

He teaches the PROCESS.

Like the article says, the phrase "national championship" is never uttered at practice. It's all about the process of getting to the point where you can be good enough to win a title.

That he does. Still doesn't change the fact that he is one scary mother fer!

If you ever get the chance to sit behind the bench, do it! You'll see

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That he does. Still doesn't change the fact that he is one scary mother fer!

If you ever get the chance to sit behind the bench, do it! You'll see

Oh I don't doubt that. You can lip read from the TV just fine. LOL.

But I guess after my HS coaches words don't phase me.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I don't doubt that. You can lip read from the TV just fine. LOL.

But I guess after my HS coaches words don't phase me.

hahaha, it's so much better in person though.... Scarier too

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahaha, it's so much better in person though.... Scarier too

My HS baseball coach called my team a bunch of "shit bastards" and "losers who fucking suck"....right in front of the superintendent!

My HS baseball baseball coach pretty much was in a constant state of yelling and would THROW players to the scorers table to sub in for guys when the made a mistake.

Yeah...a little yelling isn't gonna bother me. lol

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My HS baseball coach called my team a bunch of "shit bastards" and "losers who fucking suck"....right in front of the superintendent!

My HS baseball baseball coach pretty much was in a constant state of yelling and would THROW players to the scorers table to sub in for guys when the made a mistake.

Yeah...a little yelling isn't gonna bother me. lol

Yeah you got hardened pretty quickly.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you got hardened pretty quickly.

It's funny.

One of them I am eternally grateful to.

He took a team projected to finish last, filled with mostly freshman and sophomores (i was the lone senior) and got us to 3rd in our conference...and we almost beat a top 10 team in the state (literally winning for 28 out of 32 minutes).

The other, I consider one of the world's biggest assholes and a guy who tried to sabotage my college career.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny.

One of them I am eternally grateful to.

He took a team projected to finish last, filled with mostly freshman and sophomores (i was the lone senior) and got us to 3rd in our conference...and we almost beat a top 10 team in the state (literally winning for 28 out of 32 minutes).

The other, I consider one of the world's biggest assholes and a guy who tried to sabotage my college career.

it is pretty funny how some things work out some times. Congrats!

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudos to Geno and the UConn women's bb program...if this were the men's team the media would be all over what is probably the strongest dynasty in team sports since Wooden and UCLA.

I have a hard time watching more than 5 mins of women's bb, but back when Summit had the Lady Vols on a similar level it was more interesting. Now, it's boring...great for UConn, but it hurts the sport that no one can compete.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudos to Geno and the UConn women's bb program...if this were the men's team the media would be all over what is probably the strongest dynasty in team sports since Wooden and UCLA.

I have a hard time watching more than 5 mins of women's bb, but back when Summit had the Lady Vols on a similar level it was more interesting. Now, it's boring...great for UConn, but it hurts the sport that no one can compete.

This won't be the case next year.

Next year will be WIDE open.

UConn is losing a truck load.

Notre Dame loses it's 2 starting wings.

South Carolina loses arguably it's best all around player.

Someone like Stanford or Texas will likely make the FF next year. If not both.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This won't be the case next year.

Next year will be WIDE open.

UConn is losing a truck load.

Notre Dame loses it's 2 starting wings.

South Carolina loses arguably it's best all around player.

Someone like Stanford or Texas will likely make the FF next year. If not both.

Oh...okay...that's good to know they should have more balance...Goliath is great, but needs to lose every now and again.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh...okay...that's good to know they should have more balance...Goliath is great, but needs to lose every now and again.

Agreed.

But lets be honest.

6'4 condors who also can shoot the 3 don't come along every year.

Stewart is a legit once in a generation player. Possibly once in a lifetime.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They get some of the best. But not like more than a Duke or Kentucky get on the men's side either. Its probably less. Geno rarely uses his full allotment of scholarships.
The depth of women's basketball is probably 1/10th of what it is in men's basketball so those top scholarships matter significantly more. The competitive women's scene just isn't as deep as the men's scene at all. Its like comparing US Soccer scene to Brazil Soccer scene.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

But lets be honest.

6'4 condors who also can shoot the 3 don't come along every year.

Stewart is a legit once in a generation player. Possibly once in a lifetime.

Nah. That was Taurasi.

I remember an interview with Caron Butler where he said Taurasi used to play in serious games with the men and do well. Against men who would only win the national championship when she was there.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question. If Geno is so damn great a basketball coach, why then not coach the men where he can make substantially more money? Why hasn't Georgia Tech been after him? UNLV?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
35-0 this year and is beating the hell out of Texas right now on their way to the finals so. They just set that ncaa record few years ago for winning 80 straight and these girls are like on a 67 game streak so I gotta ask what are they doing? They don't seem to have dominating players. It looks like they have superior scheme and are playing against a bunch of basketball IQ less than 80 other teams. Seriously is the majority of these women's programs just ignorant how to play ball? And you might ask why am I watching girls bb well the crocodile tears when they lose are glorious plus I never miss a chance to watch Texas get beat. :thumb:
Who the heck cares about women's basketball?

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't seem to have superior players? Uh...what? Their best three players are Seniors who were ranked #1, #2, and #6 in their class. The worst of those three was considered one of the greatest high school basketball players of all time. Their #4 player is a Freshman who was considered the best recruit since...Brianna Stewart, the #1 senior.

Womens college basketball is their career highlight. It's not like the men where they have the NBA to look forward to. UConn sells out a 17,000 seat arena and on the road, they lead to huge crowds which are engaged. Going to UConn is the only way for that to be true for the women's players. They can pretty much pick their recruits and will continue to do so until their attendance dies or another couple programs can rise.

you, sir..know a little way too much about women's basketball