• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UConn men's BB

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy that averaged 4 ppg and 3 rpg? I can't see him making much of a difference. Elijah Brown would be a good option, but Uconn already has good guard play with Adams, Gilbert and Vital. I think Kanter makes a lot of sense for Uconn. Was actually hoping the Gophers would take a run at Kanter, he'd be a serviceable 4th big man on the Gophers.

He's a defensive presence.

Which is what they need.

Brown would play the Purvis role.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a gut feeling that UConn may be on a significant downswing but I see now that it was more than a gut feel. Good stuff Q, I didn't realize things were getting quite THAT bad just yet but...Yikes.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a gut feeling that UConn may be on a significant downswing but I see now that it was more than a gut feel. Good stuff Q, I didn't realize things were getting quite THAT bad just yet but...Yikes.

I'm curious what made you think that?

I figured something might be wrong considering the team did not gel at all during the year.

But Vance Jackson was just a complete blindside.

Durham and Enoch don't shock me, but losing MAL (their top PG recruit) was also a huge blow.

I don't follow recruiting a ton more than looking at a site like ESPN basketball recruiting to see who has interested, who has been offered, who has visited, and who has signed. Apparently there were a LOT of warning flags about Jackson not liking the area (it is Podunk, USA).

Durham is more disappointing considering UConn stuck by him through, not one, but TWO torn ACLs.

Butttttt, the rumor is that UConn asked him to leave.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess a combo of UConn not being in a P5 conference anymore (though not a HUGE deal when it comes to basketball obviously) and the long term effects of the changing of the guard at HC.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess a combo of UConn not being in a P5 conference anymore (though not a HUGE deal when it comes to basketball obviously) and the long term effects of the changing of the guard at HC.

That second part is interesting.

Jackson and Durham were 2 very highly touted guys.

They do need to do more patchwork like they did last year (with Gibbs and Miller) but also need to find some multi-year assets as well.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UConn getting beat out for recruits by Providence, Seton Hall, Butler, hell even Penn St. It's hard not to wonder if this is a one coach program.

Unlike other schools who have these long time iconic coaches (Duke, Cuse etc.), UConn really didn't have success before Calhoun.

The man IS UConn basketball.