• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

U Need Cleats?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Green was suspended 4 games for selling his own jersey.

Todd Gurley was suspended 4 games for selling his own autograph.

Don't feel a bit sorry for them, and I can guarantee none of them are close to AJ Green or Todd Gurley when it comes to talent.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That still requires more work than was required for those courses at UNC.

BUT, African/American studies was suppose to be an easy course to pass.

BUT, attendance was required to pass this course and nobody went to class.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the players who were suspended, 9 have to sit out 4 games each, two must sit two games each & two will be out one game each.

The four-game players include the returning starting QB from last year, two probable second team OL, one lower-level OL, a second team WR; both probable starting DE's, a second team DE & a second team LB.

The two-game suspendees include a probable 2nd team DB & a reserve DB.

The one-gamers include a second team OL & a reserve QB.

UNC is probably toast this season; and the coach may be toast after the season. But I really don't think much was expected from the Tar Heels, anyway.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the players who were suspended, 9 have to sit out 4 games each, two must sit two games each & two will be out one game each.
Look at the bright side. Now they will have more time to not go to class!

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The four-game players include the returning starting QB from last year, two probable second team OL, one lower-level OL, a second team WR; both probable starting DE's, a second team DE & a second team LB.

The two-game suspendees include a probable 2nd team DB & a reserve DB.

The one-gamers include a second team OL & a reserve QB.

UNC is probably toast this season; and the coach may be toast after the season. But I really don't think much was expected from the Tar Heels, anyway.

Here's the shit I don't get.

"Due to player safety concerns, the NCAA approved a request to stagger suspensions at the defensive end position."

I've never heard of such, they get suspended and as part of their suspension they get to pick and choose whatever the fuck games they want to serve it?

God Almighty this school has a different set of rules than the rest of us!

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Due to player safety concerns, the NCAA approved a request to stagger suspensions at the defensive end position."

I've never heard of such, they get suspended and as part of their suspension they get to pick and choose whatever the fuck games they want to serve it?

It's total horseshit. UNC plays the NCAA. With the rule that you can play 4 games and still qualify for a redshirt, there's no excuse.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

douggie, That's what I call telling it like it is!

Suspend them all starting with game one and continue their suspensions until their suspensions have been served!

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This isn't unprecidented. They did it for Florida State too recently when a quarter of their team was suspended.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't unprecidented. They did it for Florida State too recently when a quarter of their team was suspended.

I remember the Music City Bowl they had to sit out about 36 players, but I don't remember FSU choosing which games whoever would sit out.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the Music City Bowl they had to sit out about 36 players, but I don't remember FSU choosing which games whoever would sit out.
I stand corrected. Maybe it was a different scandal at a different school, but I thought I remembered that happening before.

It looks like the rotation affects only two players at defensive end. So what happens if the one playing gets hurt? Will they waive the suspension for the other?

What a joke.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to know actually wants to buy UNC football stuff. Really, who would want it?

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard of staggered suspensions in basketball, but don't recall if I've heard of it in football before.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to know actually wants to buy UNC football stuff. Really, who would want it?

From my understanding of this deal they were selling these shoes to a guy who was putting them on E-bay. They were a special edition exclusive style not available to the public from Nike. Nobody but UNC players could even obtain them, but this guy was bragging about having them exclusively on his E-bay account.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my understanding of this deal they were selling these shoes to a guy who was putting them on E-bay. They were a special edition exclusive style not available to the public from Nike. Nobody but UNC players could even obtain them, but this guy was bragging about having them exclusively on his E-bay account.

Since you mentioned Nike maybe Michael Jordan should be suspended too!

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps some guys will think they are suspended from class at the same time.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps some guys will think they are suspended from class at the same time.
Well since hey don’t know where there classroom is, it won’t be a big deal.