• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tyrod Taylor talks about the draft

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a good interview with TT

Last edited by a moderator:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also anyone know when his the "Two for the Show" thing featuring Tyrod and Jake Locker will be on? since its tracking him up through the draft, i assume it will be after the draft, but i cant find any mention of when to be looking for it

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did he think Nebraska for making him look like a quarterback? Seriously, though, is he going into the draft as a QB or something else? I think he would be good in the slot.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did he think Nebraska for making him look like a quarterback? Seriously, though, is he going into the draft as a QB or something else? I think he would be good in the slot.

he's going in as a QB. he has 0 interest in playing any other position, he only worked out as a QB at the combine. I hope someone gives him the chance at QB so he can show them what he's made of there

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree Huskers. I think he could be a good one there. His background as QB, measurables,etc. is a mirror image of Hines Ward or Randle El. He has made it clear he wants to be looked at for QB, but I imagine in his interviews he has told them he would do what it took to make a team, be drafted, etc. He has exceptional speed and athleticism, his size is what will kill him in the draft. Hopefully he will have a good pro day.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree Huskers. I think he could be a good one there. His background as QB, measurables,etc. is a mirror image of Hines Ward or Randle El. He has made it clear he wants to be looked at for QB, but I imagine in his interviews he has told them he would do what it took to make a team, be drafted, etc. He has exceptional speed and athleticism, his size is what will kill him in the draft. Hopefully he will have a good pro day.

the thing about that, as he points out in interviews is:

QB's 6'2'' or under:

Aaron Rodgers 6'2''
Mike Vick 6'0''
Brett Favre 6'2''
Mark Sanchez 6'2''
Donovan McNabb 6'2''
Drew Brees 6'0''
Steve Young 6'2''

and probably more, thats just all i found in a few seconds searching

Tyrod Taylor 6'1''

personally, I think people are making too big of a deal of the height issue

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing about that, as he points out in interviews is:

QB's 6'2'' or under:

Aaron Rodgers 6'2''
Mike Vick 6'0''
Brett Favre 6'2''
Mark Sanchez 6'2''
Donovan McNabb 6'2''
Drew Brees 6'0''
Steve Young 6'2''

and probably more, thats just all i found in a few seconds searching

Tyrod Taylor 6'1''

personally, I think people are making too big of a deal of the height issue

oh..you throw out Mark Sanchez...and I thought you were just discussing good NFL QB's.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh..you throw out Mark Sanchez...and I thought you were just discussing good NFL QB's.

lol...take him out of the picture, doesnt matter...the point is there are and have been plenty of starting NFL QB's right around the same height as Tyrod Taylor

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great Hokie, unbelievable individual and fantastic ambassador to our great school. He is the quintessential Hokie captain in my eyes. Also between him, Graves, Morgan and Rock I can not think of a better group of guys (maybe not most talented, but just plain good guys) as seniors in a long long time.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great Hokie, unbelievable individual and fantastic ambassador to our great school. He is the quintessential Hokie captain in my eyes. Also between him, Graves, Morgan and Rock I can not think of a better group of guys (maybe not most talented, but just plain good guys) as seniors in a long long time.

Tyrod had the leadership qualities that we all admired in Randall, but with more talent. I see David Wilson taking on more of a leadership role in the future. He has the talent and fun loving personality, but he is a quality kid that I think can grab the attention of the team both verbally and with his work ethic.

I hope that we'll be able to keep bringing in these quality kids. I really don't want to return to the 'me first' attitude of some of the teams from the early '00s.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also anyone know when his the "Two for the Show" thing featuring Tyrod and Jake Locker will be on? since its tracking him up through the draft, i assume it will be after the draft, but i cant find any mention of when to be looking for it

got it:

Two for the Show - A four-part half-hour series following the career path of three top-tier college quarterbacks: Jake Locker (Washington) and Tyrod Taylor (Virginia Tech). Scheduled to begin Tuesday, April 12, at 8 p.m. on ESPN and run four consecutive Tuesdays through May 3.

Husky Football Blog | Morning links --- Info on ESPN-Locker series, and more | Seattle Times Newspaper

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whoever drafts tyrod might (75% chance) get my allegiance in the NFL

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whoever drafts tyrod might (75% chance) get my allegiance in the NFL

same here, dont really watch the nfl all that much...so i dont have any real allegiance. might have to start though if tyrod gets a chance

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
For each position below, we have ranked the players listed by a special Ourlads’ formula we call OSR (Ourlads Statistical Rating). Each workout field is weighted to the importance of the position – i.e.: for quarterbacks – height, the short shuttle, 3 cone drill, and Wonderlic test are the most important. Broad jump, vertical jump, 40-yard dash, and 20-yard dash are also important, but not as important as the first four mentioned. For defensive linemen – emphasis is put on the 10-yard dash (shows first step explosion), short shuttle (shows change of direction quickness), and bench press (for upper body strength), then the height, weight, and speed, etc. These are all tools for evaluation, but nothing takes the place of game day productivity. Some athletes are listed at two positions.
Phil Hepler, our top research and statistical analysis scout, provides our readers with our positional statistical rating that we include in the player reports. Phil's complete formula, however, will remain sealed along with Colonel Sanders' fried chicken recipe.

QUARTERBACKS
1 Taylor, Tyrod
2 Locker, Jake Washington
3 Newton, Cam Auburn
4 Ponder, Christian Florida State
5 Kaepernick, Colin Nevada
6 Portis, Josh California (PA)
7 Gabbert, Blaine Missouri

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I saw this on another VT board and it was definitely a good read. I had no clue TT was up'ing his stock the way he was - good for him.

Scout.com: Private Workout a New Experience for QB

Good read, i've been saying that i think the dolphins or eagles will take TT in the last 2 rounds. Like was mentioned in the article the dolphins may be looking for a more polished Pat White. As far as the eagles, they have to love what MV1 brings to the table. TT will prob never be as athletic as MV but with a couple years of development could be a better passer and still more athletic than most NFL qb's.