• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tyler talks to Shea

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope Myers was listening to Shea..

Tyler Myers had a down season and used the off season to learn from one of the best. Pretty good read and Myers was honest about his play.

Buffalo, NY (WGR 550) -- There are many things that have to fall into place if the Sabres are to contend. One of the biggest things this team needs is for Tyler Myers to not only be this team’s best defenseman, but one of the best defensemen in the NHL. Many feel Shea Weber is the best defenseman in the league and Tyler Myers used the off season to spend some time with him, “Definitely, with my size I think I can start punishing guys more in the defensive zone. I take a look at a guy like Shea Weber and spent some time with him in the summer and I’m trying to implement a lot of his defensive nastiness into my game and try to do that at the start of the season.

Last season was another very inconsistent one for him. Myers turns 23 on February 1st and is entering his fourth NHL season already. Myers said, “Yes, for me taking a hard look at last year I definitely can be more consistent. I thought after I went through that stint where Lindy had to sit me down for a game, it was an eye opener for me. It really forced me to take a look at my game and I thought I just got better and better from that point. I just need to build off that and make sure going into every night that I’m focused and ready to go.”

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/15281368.php?contentType=4&contentId=12201226

Last edited by a moderator: