• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tyler Chatwood

4thefences

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the past 2 seasons I have heard a number of quotes from players and coaches say this is the guy to watch for over everyone else in the minors. Well Chatwood got his 2nd call up this week and last night was outstanding again. The Rockies are well aware that they need to find a place for him in the rotation. I'll say this right now, if Nicasio falters today Chatwood gets his spot. Players from around the league say he has the stuff to be a #2 man in the rotation and I think that is impressive to come from his peers. His stature and delivery remind me somewhat of a guy the Rockies recently signed by the name of Roy Oswalt. Did you know that when Chatwood went back down to the Springs a couple of weeks ago he threw a CG shutout? What's the big deal? Well it was the 1st compete game in the Springs since '93 and there have been 14 no hitters in the big leagues during that time. Chatwood needs to stay with the Rockies!!

67RedSox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question. I thought his acquisition was key right from the get go. I thought he would contribute more last year than he did but as long as he's ready now that's fine.

Off topic...I was really surprised by Brignac's departure. From those of you closer than I to the daily goings and comings of the Rockies was there something with him I just didn't see or hear about?

dgonaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Brignac departure had more to do with DJ Lemahieu just needing a spot as he did everything he could in the minors up to this point that he could and definitely needed to be on the major league roster. Why Brignac and not Herrera I think has to do a bit with team loyalty as we tend to give a lot more room for guys that we developed ourselves, in the long run it is not a whole lot of difference as both were utility defenders who didn't see a lot of play time and weren't exceptionally great at pinch hitting. Yankees definitely like our players and we will at least be seeing something no matter how small coming back for him.

As for Chatwood I think the decision to finally give him some development time in AAA really payed off for the Rockies and the acquisition of Garland and retention of Francis will pay off for us as both Chattwood and Pomeranz are able as a result to get their mechanics in order in games that don't matter as much. We are pretty critical of management decisions on stuff a lot but they made the right call in getting enough pitching to keep Pomeranz and Chatwood in AAA to begin the year so we can look to the future with our rotation rather than trying to force people into roles that they aren't fully ready for again.

4thefences

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice job Nicasio. Pitched his best game of the year and looks like he's safe in the rotation.

dgonaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shows how much impact Torrealba makes on the game. He told Nicasio straight out to throw what he told him to throw today and Nicasio admitted that Torrealba called the game a lot different than what Nicasio would have thrown if given his choice.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Chatwood I think the decision to finally give him some development time in AAA really payed off for the Rockies
I totally agree. I am thinking that his time has come and he will stick with this latest call up. Pomeranz could still use a little more time in Colo Springs. Nice bounce back by Nicasio- next bounce back needed is Chacin and this could get interesting.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: