• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ty Walker = Ryan Anderson, Part Deux

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In retrospect, Ty Walker's 'potential' was seemingly always destined to be significantly greater than Ty Walker's 'reality'. Now he has UCL damage and is looking at what is probably a lost season. Best case scenario he will be out at least until all star break but more than likely he'll be headed for TJ surgery.

Should he come back for part of the 2019 season, he'll be turning 27-years old. There would still be plenty of time for him to have a solid career but, in reality, when this kid was first drafted, most of us thought (or hoped, anyway) that he'd be an established all star by now.

We were pretty lucky, two winters ago, when the Arizona GM thought that their outfield was a little too crowded and they needed to dump Haniger on someone.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one trade where Mariners may actually come out looking golden.

Regardless this sucks to hear. Was hoping he could some day match his potential but their was always something missing

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was always a Walker fan so this news is quite the bummer. That being said, this trade is looking like an absolute steal. Segura is what he is obviously (which is very good), but if Haniger continues to mow and stay healthy we take the trade in a landslide.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks to hear

I always thought he had too much of an upright deliver ( kind of stiff backed ) with too much arm whip and not enough body bend in his follow up. That creates a ton of extra force on a pitchers elbow. I am sure pitching coaches along the way worked with him and he obviously made it to the show, so he is a MLB pitcher.

I also always thought his fastball was on a string ( just too straight ) no cut or late run on it ( think mcCullors last nites game - his fastball has a ton of movement when he throws the 2 seamer ) Hitters can put the bat on a 95MPH fast ball that is coming in dead straight with no movement.

I wish him a speedy recovery and I am thinkful to have both Segura and Haniger on our team ( thank you Lord - it appears the Ms finally came out on top in a trade )

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker's issue I think always was he let the pundits get to his head with his number 1 or close to number 1 pitching prospect in baseball and didn't work hard at becoming a pitcher. He was labelled lazy. Sucks though to hear he is heading to surgery, maybe it's a blessing in disguise for his career as he will be forced into coming back and developing another pitch.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, sure seems like the best thing to do with elite level pitching prospects is to trade them when they're young for good value. Maybe you'll never have a good pitching staff that way I'm not sure, but in the Mariners' case, most of those guy either bust or get injured. I think the Mariners are kinda lucky to get as much value for Walker as they did honestly. Take it and run though. For the M's far and away winning a trade does not happen very often.