• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ty Isaac to Irish?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing he's getting an unconditional release ala Amir Carslisle. ND was high on his list when he commited. Any of you guys hear if there is interest on NDs part? He's slated to be 4th on the depth chart. I think he's just too tall for RB like A Barr was and in need of a position change.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading about him. At this point though if you want playing time at HB you don't go to ND, unless you're elite.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading about him. At this point though if you want playing time at HB you don't go to ND, unless you're elite.

Well he was a 5* and fourth RB nationally in his class so he's elite talent but like Anthony Barr he might be just too big for RB.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard nothing more than he is looking closer to home, which could mean ND, Northwestern, or Illinois as probable landing spots. Yes, we did recruit him but I haven't heard if they are making a push for him. I also was unaware that his release from USC was unconditional. There's a lot of chatter on other ND sites that they think USC might block a transfer to ND, even though they didn't with Carlisle.

I have no idea if he has any interest with us, but it would sound like he'd be going to a comparable spot on the RB depth chart at ND, as Bryant and Folston are poised to see the field a lot this year and coaches love Cam McDaniel, even if Issac might be a better athelete, his leadership, game smarts and work ethic would keep him in the rotation.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard nothing more than he is looking closer to home, which could mean ND, Northwestern, or Illinois as probable landing spots. Yes, we did recruit him but I haven't heard if they are making a push for him. I also was unaware that his release from USC was unconditional. There's a lot of chatter on other ND sites that they think USC might block a transfer to ND, even though they didn't with Carlisle.

I have no idea if he has any interest with us, but it would sound like he'd be going to a comparable spot on the RB depth chart at ND, as Bryant and Folston are poised to see the field a lot this year and coaches love Cam McDaniel, even if Issac might be a better athelete, his leadership, game smarts and work ethic would keep him in the rotation.

My sentiments. Just my opinion but it does seem we're situated fairly well at runningback but I'd be shocked if he wanted to come and they said no. I think Michigan recruited him real hard to. I thought that was one of his last choices. Either way I wouldn't mind seeing him in an Irish uniform.

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt USC will allow a release to ND. IL, Northern IL, Northwestern or God forbid Michigan look to be the choices.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw someone post a quote from Issac saying he can't talk to ND so I don't think his release is unconditional. Also mentioned something about the timing of the restrictions and that USC might have waived them, but he's not going to wait until he's clear to talk to ND. He said he would if he could but is going to move forward now. So odds are long he'd end up Irish.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wouldn't be able to play this year so he would likely be 3rd on the depth chart next year, I really don't see him picking Notre Dame.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor was that ND was looking at him to play defense. Don't know if that is true, but it worked out pretty well for Barr. Would probably make a great OLB.

Supposedly he was interested in ND and Michigan, but two of the runners rated ahead of him were Green who went to Michigan and Bryant who went to ND, so northwestern might be the best choice for him.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A day after the 6-foot-3, 225-pound running back was granted his release from USC, Isaac said he was prohibited from transferring to Notre Dame — and every other team on USC’s schedule — a condition of his release.

“Right now they are a team I can’t talk to,” said Isaac, a former five-star recruit who rushed for 236 yards and two touchdowns on 40 carries as a freshman. “That might change. (USC) might have missed the deadline to give restrictions. If they did I would consider it. … I definitely don’t want it to be a dragged-out process. I want to figure out where I’m going to be next year and get to work.”

Notre Dame likely not an option for Joliet Catholic graduate Ty Isaac - chicagotribune.com

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people didn't think USC would allow him to go to Notre Dame, although with a new staff his grasp of the offense wouldn't be the same as if Kiffin were still the coach. Oh well I wish the kid the best.

Honestly I couldn't believe they let Amir head to ND. If you decide to transfer schools, you kinda owe it to that school to not go to a school on their schedule.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was a little surprised too, but then again Kiffin was an odd guy.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the thing with Carlisle was that SC still had two years of sanctions left. Kiffin didnt want to give any player another reason not to go to SC. Making it hard for a player to transfer might have been another reason not to go there. Also, with the lack of scholarships available, it would make no sense to keep someone who didn't want to be there.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the thing with Carlisle was that SC still had two years of sanctions left. Kiffin didnt want to give any player another reason not to go to SC. Making it hard for a player to transfer might have been another reason not to go there. Also, with the lack of scholarships available, it would make no sense to keep someone who didn't want to be there.

To your last point. USC is still not able to replace a scholarship player with another if a player transfers. As with Amir USC doesn't get to replace Tys scholarship with another player. So when Amir left it was even harsher because it's a scholarship lost. USC has it's limit next year (same as every one else) which I assume they would fill up but can't add one more because Ty left.