• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ty Hilton or Tyreek Hill

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for this year. Who would u rather have.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not my words. This was taken from a Fantasy Pros article.

Q2. Which WR comes with the most amount of risk ?

“It’d be difficult to come out and say that Hill will be a bust, but with the additions and subtractions of this offense, a player like Tyreek Hill will come with some risk. The fact that Hill was able to receive almost 1,200 yards despite only catching 75 passes speaks volumes about his speed and agility, but Travis Kelce nearly doubled everyone on the team in red zone targets. Hill isn’t a red zone receiver, but his other advantages are disappearing as well. He now has to deal with a new starting quarterback, a new offensive coordinator, and Sammy Watkins‘ projected big role in this offense.” – Matthew Bowe (Razzball)

Tyreek Hill at WR14 is a really interesting proposition in the sense that to justify him at that price, you have to believe a few unlikely things are bonafide certainties. Alex Smith performed as the best deep passer in the NFL last season, and Hill certainly has a lot to do with that in both opening up space and converting those deep passes into yards and points, but to automatically suggest Mahomes will perform as well or better than last year’s numbers is not a lock. Furthermore, Hill does not have the profile of a player who is a fantasy WR1. He doesn’t dominate the market share of his team’s targets and is essentially an afterthought in the red zone. As such, he’ll primarily have to continue scoring from 30+ yards out. Hill is the rare case of being someone who is much better for their actual team than fantasy teams; the space and tactical value that Hill creates is almost unparalleled, but if he even runs slightly bad, he’ll be an eyesore week-to-week for your fantasy team.” – Davis Mattek (Fantasy Insiders)

“This is easily Tyreek Hill, as his draft position is his ceiling with all the talent they now have on the roster. After dissecting the targets that will go around, it’s hard to anticipate any more than he had last year with Sammy Watkins in town. And don’t expect his efficiency numbers to remain the same as he starts work with a new quarterback, even if there are high expectations for sophomore Patrick Mahomes. Don’t get it twisted, Alex Smith should have been an MVP candidate last year. The list of players who should be drafted before Hill (but are currently not) include Doug Baldwin, Stefon Diggs, T.Y. Hilton, Amari Cooper, and Allen Robinson. There are a few others who should be considered as well, but this is the group that I’d have no issue drafting over him. Targets! Targets! Targets!” – Mike Tagliere (FantasyPros)

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually here is my top 20

Wide Receivers

Tier 1

10. T.Y. Hilton, IND

Tier 2

12. Tyreek Hill, KC

I had to leave a few out with the MBBRL draft in a few weeks but this is where I have them ranked (fer now)

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are kinda boom and bust guys for me in that one week they'll put up big numbers and the next they won't do shit yet you can't really bench either of them because you never know which week it will be. But I like Hilton more this year with a healthy Luck. There's a greater chance for more consistency with Luck and Hilton. We don't know what kind of chemistry Mahomes will have. For all we know, he'll just take safe dump offs to Hunt and Kelce all year. He is basically a rookie after all.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill not really worried about his risk. His new QB has Andy coaching him the best QB guy in the game and Watkins isn't really good at anything except YAC.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Hill will have a tough time repeating his numbers since his effeciency is due for some regression and all the changes doesn’t help, but I’d still pick him over Hilton. Don’t trust Hilton to bounce back. So mostly I hope not to draft either in a redraft league.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
word is hilton looks great in camp for what its worth

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ill take Hilton. Better track record, better QB and less competition to targets.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Hill will have a tough time repeating his numbers since his effeciency is due for some regression and all the changes doesn’t help, but I’d still pick him over Hilton. Don’t trust Hilton to bounce back. So mostly I hope not to draft either in a redraft league.
This is my thought as well. Who know what you get with Luck after 2 yrs of absence and despite a lot of hype who knows what you get with Mahomes ? - - plus both receivers are proven big one week and crap the next. I'd rather go with a guy who is more consistent even if his peak is something below Hill/Hilton's - I'm conservative in that way. ....

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my thought as well. Who know what you get with Luck after 2 yrs of absence and despite a lot of hype who knows what you get with Mahomes ? - - plus both receivers are proven big one week and crap the next. I'd rather go with a guy who is more consistent even if his peak is something below Hill/Hilton's - I'm conservative in that way. ....
Exactly

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hilton is under appreciated. A lot of WR have ebbs and peaks. @Trudem brings up a great point about targets.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilton, simply because of the new offensive pieces in KC, which may hinder Hill for a little bit.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hilton is under appreciated. A lot of WR have ebbs and peaks. @Trudem brings up a great point about targets.
This is true - but some are wayyyy more prone to peaks and valleys than others - those are two of them. ... believe it or not, I actually shy away from Julio for the same exact reason. ... 30pts this week, 4 the next - but if you take them, you absolutely HAVE to keep them in the lineup and hope for the best since you never know when they blow up or tank. ....

That's all the Lefty WR secrets I'm gonna give out. .... :D

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think these might be two of the most prone next season.

Hill definitely has more competition. I wouldn't totally tank his stock, though. Everyone's like 'Alex Smith had the best deep ball last year' without realizing how silly that statement sounds without factoring in Hill.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypothetical: it's the end of round 3... both Hill and Hilton are surprisingly still on the board... regardless of your doubts they're a good value at this point...

Who do you take?
Gotta be Hilton.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough call.

Neither have a QB situation I like at all. But Hilton already bottomed out with a bad situation last year. Don't know the floor level for Hill yet without Smith. I expect regression though.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypothetical: it's the end of round 3... both Hill and Hilton are surprisingly still on the board... regardless of your doubts they're a good value at this point...
Who do you take?
Gotta be Hilton.

Fitzgerald for me. .....