• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Two Interesting Stats That I Learned From NFC Playbook Tonight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
1. Marshawn Lynch has more postseason runs of 25+ yards than any RB in NFL History.

2. In 2013 Russell Wilson was hurried an NFL-Most 82 times.

Granted, we had lots of O-line injuries and we played in a division with 3 teams that are very good at rushing the passer. Even so, I think our pass protection has a lot of room for improvement.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Lynch stat is something I didn't know. That's awesome!

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Marshawn Lynch has more postseason runs of 25+ yards than any RB in NFL History.

2. In 2013 Russell Wilson was hurried an NFL-Most 82 times.

Granted, we had lots of O-line injuries and we played in a division with 3 teams that are very good at rushing the passer. Even so, I think our pass protection has a lot of room for improvement.

Considering we are on the lower end of the scale in pass attempts, that stat stands out to me.
Last year Pete concentrated on DL and improving our pass rush.
Now, I expect to see a focus shift with more attention paid to our OL.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the show. Its the best sports analysis show on tv, because they actually analyze.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering we are on the lower end of the scale in pass attempts, that stat stands out to me.
Last year Pete concentrated on DL and improving our pass rush.
Now, I expect to see a focus shift with more attention paid to our OL.

Well it'd help if we could keep the same five guys out on the field for at least most of the year. Obviously the five that started the year this season wasn't reminding anyone of the Jones/Hutchinson/Tobeck/Gray/Locklear quintet, but I think that if they had been able to gain any sort of continuity as the season progressed, they at least had a chance to improve as a unit as the season went along. As it stands now, they simply had to do too much lineup shuffling to be nearly as effective as they could have been. That isn't to say that they shouldn't go out and try to upgrade at a few of those spots, but guys like Bowie and Bailey did gain more experience than anticipated because of the injury situation, so there might not be as many holes to fill there as we think.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it'd help if we could keep the same five guys out on the field for at least most of the year. Obviously the five that started the year this season wasn't reminding anyone of the Jones/Hutchinson/Tobeck/Gray/Locklear quintet, but I think that if they had been able to gain any sort of continuity as the season progressed, they at least had a chance to improve as a unit as the season went along. As it stands now, they simply had to do too much lineup shuffling to be nearly as effective as they could have been. That isn't to say that they shouldn't go out and try to upgrade at a few of those spots, but guys like Bowie and Bailey did gain more experience than anticipated because of the injury situation, so there might not be as many holes to fill there as we think.

True, if the starting five were together all year, they would be better, but when was the last time that has ever happened? Teams have to anticipate that OL are going get injured, because it happens to almost ever team.

The silver lining with the injuries is that the backups got some experience on the field and can be evaluated on their play on the field.

Changes on the OL was going to happen anyways due to cap issues. Journeymen players start making to much after a few years and it makes sense to draft younger, cheaper, and hopefully better players.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistic points made, but once Unger/Okung/Breno came back we still had problems. Moffitt vaped and Carp not playing to his draft status.
We are 1st in hurries and roughly last in attempts. Something is SCREAMING at us. Our HC is a good listener and I expect he puts some focus towards our OL this off season.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some early mocks have the Hawks taking a WR with the first pick, I hope we go O-line. Wilson was under pressure way to much and took way to many hits in the pocket. I hope PC/JS go this route.