• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tubby Smith

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
..looks like he is about to be hired by High Point. He's had a strange career trajectory since he left UK. His resume is pretty solid when you look at it, though. 1 NCAA title (1st year @ UK), 1 NCAA FF, 4 E8 appearances, 9 S16 appearances, 18 NCAAT appearances, 2 MVC championships and 7 SEC championships*

* - counted both regular season and tournament titles

He's an alum of HPU. Memphis was pretty unhappy with him. I think it had to do with his lack of a relationship with the local AAU guys.

lmao, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if Ben Swain tripped and fell face first into dogshit later today. @douggie

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
..looks like he is about to be hired by High Point. He's had a strange career trajectory since he left UK. His resume is pretty solid when you look at it, though. 1 NCAA title (1st year @ UK), 1 NCAA FF, 4 E8 appearances, 9 S16 appearances, 18 NCAAT appearances, 2 MVC championships and 7 SEC championships*

He's an alum of HPU. Memphis was pretty unhappy with him. I think it had to do with his lack of a relationship with the local AAU guys

lmao, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if Ben Swain tripped and fell face first into dogshit later today@douggie

Hahaha, Memphis was pissed at Tubby because they couldn't fill their arena and revenues were slumping. He can pack the 1750 seat Millis Center at High Point! I remember going to watch Gene Littles there as a kid.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's an alum of HPU. Memphis was pretty unhappy with him. I think it had to do with his lack of a relationship with the local AAU guys.

lmao, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if Ben Swain tripped and fell face first into dogshit later today. @douggie

The guy clearly just loves to coach BB. If he's gonna just immediately run and take this job. Maybe he's just looking for that last job before he retires?

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy clearly just loves to coach BB. If he's gonna just immediately run and take this job. Maybe he's just looking for that last job before he retires?

He is 66 years old, and this is his alma mater. I'm also thinking after the way he was fired from Memphis, there's a chance he's just tired of high-major, high pressure basketball.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He lead us to our only tournament win this century so he's fine in my book. His time at UK was pretty good, outside of probably not going far enough in the tournament. But he has as many titles at UK that Coach Cal has.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is 66 years old, and this is his alma mater. I'm also thinking after the way he was fired from Memphis, there's a chance he's just tired of high-major, high pressure basketball.

This will be his last job, he'll either retire or die there.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he does a good job there honestly. I've always liked him.