• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trying to Maintain Perspective

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, that being said, they should be further along in the process than they currently are. Last year should have been a baptism by fire, and the line (as a whole) should have take a significant step forward this year, and it appears it they did not.

Exactly

Just remember I was right and you were wrong.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No benefit of hindsight what so ever. Michigan was getting worse every year.

That's evidence.

Hoke has never won a conference championship

Thats evidence

He had a .500 record coaching mid majors

That's evidence

Again, one could argue that wasn't because of Hoke, but where he was. In the last 20 years at Ball State there have been 4 coaches, and they have a combined record of 105-112-1 and only one MAC title between them.

So how much of that is because of the coaches, and how much of that is because it is Ball State?

And Nick Saban only had just over a .500 record at MSU, was that because Saban is a ~.500 coach or because he was at MSU?

He almost and probably should have lost to Akron

That's evidence

I'll somewhat grant you that, but again if you get to say that, I get to say he almost and probably should have beaten Ohio State.

And in either case, at least he didn't lose, like Rich Rod did against Toledo. So are you going to say Rich Rod is a worse coach?

His players were not devolping at all

Thats evidence.

Did Jake Ryan not developed? Or Devin Funchess? Or Taylor Lewan?

Again given the youth of the team, and the develop of some players, there was plenty to think that with one more year all the pieces would fall into place.

All lead to the belief that he wasn't a good coach. And now looking at this year, You can admit that I am right.

All the laughing going on is towards you and your program.

Again, he is a "good" coach, for Ball State. But it does now appear that the Michigan job is over is head.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2011 UM had the 21st best recruiting class per rivals. Hardly a horrible recruiting class

But still a mostly Rich Rod class.

Which had only 2 O-line recruits that never saw the field and no wide receivers.

Which is why you also have to dig into the makeup of the class itself, and not just into the stars/ranking.

Not bad, but still behind what it could/should have been.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly

Just remember I was right and you were wrong.

And we only know that following the last two games.

So basically, you stumbled into being right.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But hey give hoke more years. ONLY seniors can win

Ok, you take a team full of freshman and I'll have a team full of seniors and let's see who wins.

Hell the freshmen can all be 5 stars and the seniors 3.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, one could argue that wasn't because of Hoke, but where he was. In the last 20 years at Ball State there have been 4 coaches, and they have a combined record of 105-112-1 and only one MAC title between them.

So how much of that is because of the coaches, and how much of that is because it is Ball State?

And Nick Saban only had just over a .500 record at MSU, was that because Saban is a ~.500 coach or because he was at MSU?

I'll somewhat grant you that, but again if you get to say that, I get to say he almost and probably should have beaten Ohio State.

And in either case, at least he didn't lose, like Rich Rod did against Toledo. So are you going to say Rich Rod is a worse coach?

Did Jake Ryan not developed? Or Devin Funchess? Or Taylor Lewan?

Again given the youth of the team, and the develop of some players, there was plenty to think that with one more year all the pieces would fall into place.

Again, he is a "good" coach, for Ball State. But it does now appear that the Michigan job is over is head.

Saban won a championship at Toledo I believe. Did you also forget he was at San Diego St. He didn't win one there either.

I would expect, if I am a Big Time program, that my coach can win a championship at a lower level. And that is why I never expected him to do well.

And guess what, I was right.

almost pulling off an upset does not erase almost losing to Akron.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Right because coaches always throw each other under bus.

You are hopeless.

One can be honest and state Hoke isn't the right guy. Former coach Lee Corso has said as much.

So like always, your comment lacks and logic of substance, hence why am laughing at you. You may be right, but you are fool who's lucky he's right.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we only know that following the last two games.

So basically, you stumbled into being right.

I provided evidence going into the year backing up my speculation.

You just chose to offer up excuse after excuse to my evidence and still are BTW.

Obviously my evidence held true. No use in denying it.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One can be honest and state Hoke isn't the right guy. Former coach Lee Corso has said as much.

So like always, your comment lacks and logic of substance, hence why am laughing at you. You may be right, but you are fool who's lucky he's right.

Most Alums will not do that so your Corso example doesn't fly.

So like always your examples are idiotic.

Lucky hell. It was Plain as day and I warned you. You are just blind and dumb. Its the same reason not ONE of your fellow fans agreed with you.

How can a person look at all that evidence to show he wasnt any good and then be lucky when it hits rock bottom. That doesn't compute.

Wake up. The only laughing going on is everyone laughing at Michigan and fans like you who are still trying to make excuses.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can Michigan recruit as well as they have and be this bad?

Please tell me.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beyond the administration and coaching blunders we have further issues, such as:

1) We're slow.

2) We're small.

3) We're weak.

4) We're out of shape.

5) We're overpriviledged/spoiled.

6) We lack intelligence.

Seriously though, we're out of position...Players out of position and missing assignments altogether is often coaching related but also an indicator these kids aren't retaining what's being taught.

Zero progress on the OLine (coaching related however I'm really doubting how dedicated these guys are to the weight room -- just based off what I've noticed our offensive linemen spend more time chasing tail and downing cold ones than they do training. Top it off with a Funk(y) position coach and there should be no surprise why they continuously get knocked on their asses.

And does it not seem as though everyone is or has suffered some type of injury? We've really missed Morgan (I think our best LB unit is Ryan/Bolden/Morgan...and I'm not sure if Ryan is best suited at MIKE but I know Ross is too small and Gedeon must be in someone's doghouse...

Peppers is desperately needed in the secondary while it looks like Taylor is back from nursing his injury...Countess clearly lost a step from his ACL tear, Lewis is small....our safeties don't read and react quick enough...in addition to being a bit scrawny...

Our WRs can't get separation. They run crap routes, have less than desired D1 speed and average eye-hand coordination. Where is Freddy Canteen?? Why can Chesson no longer block the smallest of DBs?

QB play = turnover city.

I could really go and organize this more thoroughly but I'm exhausted. It boils down to everyone being 100% and some coaching innovation just to be a .500 team this season.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beyond the administration and coaching blunders we have further issues, such as:

1) We're slow.

2) We're small.

3) We're weak.

4) We're out of shape.

5) We're overpriviledged/spoiled.

6) We lack intelligence.

Seriously though, we're out of position...Players out of position and missing assignments altogether is often coaching related but also an indicator these kids aren't retaining what's being taught.

Zero progress on the OLine (coaching related however I'm really doubting how dedicated these guys are to the weight room -- just based off what I've noticed our offensive linemen spend more time chasing tail and downing cold ones than they do training. Top it off with a Funk(y) position coach and there should be no surprise why they continuously get knocked on their asses.

And does it not seem as though everyone is or has suffered some type of injury? We've really missed Morgan (I think our best LB unit is Ryan/Bolden/Morgan...and I'm not sure if Ryan is best suited at MIKE but I know Ross is too small and Gedeon must be in someone's doghouse...

Peppers is desperately needed in the secondary while it looks like Taylor is back from nursing his injury...Countess clearly lost a step from his ACL tear, Lewis is small....our safeties don't read and react quick enough...in addition to being a bit scrawny...

Our WRs can't get separation. They run crap routes, have less than desired D1 speed and average eye-hand coordination. Where is Freddy Canteen?? Why can Chesson no longer block the smallest of DBs?

QB play = turnover city.

I could really go and organize this more thoroughly but I'm exhausted. It boils down to everyone being 100% and some coaching innovation just to be a .500 team this season.

You didnt blame youth. I give u credit for that. A team starting a 5th yr QB Shouldnt blame youth.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didnt blame youth. I give u credit for that. A team starting a 5th yr QB Shouldnt blame youth.

Last time I checked, this isn't a one man sport.

You can have a great 5th year QB, but if he has a shitty O-line, shitty RBs, and shitty WRs then the offense is going to be terrible.

And there is still youth along that O-line. Granted though they should be a better young team, but a young team none the less.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban won a championship at Toledo I believe. Did you also forget he was at San Diego St. He didn't win one there either.

Yes, in his one season there. So he did so with the previous coaches recruits. But in either case, in 6 years at MSU, he did not win a single championship. That's your argument, right? So that means that Saban is at best a MAC level coach because he didn't win at MSU.

A SDSU program that went 10 seasons without a winning season before Hoke showed up. Again, shit takes time. Sometimes one can walk into a program a find immediate success (like Meyer at OSU), but that is because the previous guy set them up for that success. Other times, a guy has to build that success, like Hoke had done at Ball State and SDSU. And like Dantonio did at MSU and McCartney at Colorado. Which Hoke defiantly not set up for success by Rich Rod, in fact it was quite the opposite, remember number of O-linemen on the roster?

I would expect, if I am a Big Time program, that my coach can win a championship at a lower level. And that is why I never expected him to do well.

Again, that depends. If he had built a bottom feeder to the point of competing for championships, but then was hired to the next step up before he could finish, then it is understandable why he doesn't have any championship.

So like always, all you can do is surface level thought.

And guess what, I was right.

almost pulling off an upset does not erase almost losing to Akron.

Says no college football analysts ever. :lol:

Because, as it turns out, yes, yes it does.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, in his one season there. So he did so with the previous coaches recruits. But in either case, in 6 years at MSU, he did not win a single championship. That's your argument, right? So that means that Saban is at best a MAC level coach because he didn't win at MSU.

A SDSU program that went 10 seasons without a winning season before Hoke showed up. Again, shit takes time. Sometimes one can walk into a program a find immediate success (like Meyer at OSU), but that is because the previous guy set them up for that success. Other times, a guy has to build that success, like Hoke had done at Ball State and SDSU. And like Dantonio did at MSU and McCartney at Colorado. Which Hoke defiantly not set up for success by Rich Rod, in fact it was quite the opposite, remember number of O-linemen on the roster?

Again, that depends. If he had built a bottom feeder to the point of competing for championships, but then was hired to the next step up before he could finish, then it is understandable why he doesn't have any championship.

So like always, all you can do is surface level thought.

Says no college football analysts ever. :lol:

Because, as it turns out, yes, yes it does.

actually no it doesn't. Not in the slightest bit.

all your posts are are Excuse after excuse after excuse after excuse after excuse after excuse.

I said he wasn't any good, I gave you reasons and hard evidence as to why I believed that, and I was right.

I was more than right.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich Rod only had 1 year of bad recruiting... He was consistently top 20-15 his first two years.. And Hoke did well with his recruits his first year.. Hoke is fucking terrible no defending him..

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich Rod only had 1 year of bad recruiting... He was consistently top 20-15 his first two years.. And Hoke did well with his recruits his first year.. Hoke is fucking terrible no defending him..

Technically, no he didn't. Hoke did well with Lloyd's recruits. Outside of the notable exception of Denard, the real leaders of that team were recruited by Lloyd Carr. Players like Molk, Van Bergen, and Hemingway. Even players like Koger and Martin, who technically were part of Rich Rod's "first" class were offered scholarships and committed in the summer of 2007, longer before Lloyd leaving Michigan was anything more than a vague rumor.

Not defending Hoke here, but let's at least get our facts straight. Rich Rod's recruiting is a major reason Michigan is in the mess it currently is in.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still think mattison is as good as narduzzi??:pound:

Oh thats right, theyre young!!!!

More excuses....so now hoke won with lloyds recruits? Dennard carried that team didnt he? But yet, this years problems are rich rods? :pound:

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still think mattison is as good as narduzzi??:pound:

Oh thats right, theyre young!!!!

More excuses....so now hoke won with lloyds recruits? Dennard carried that team didnt he? But yet, this years problems are rich rods? :pound:

ABSOLUTELY!

Michigan's run defense is stil 12th in the nation. Sure the pass defense has been a dissapointment, but how much of that is on the fact they moved Roy Manning as the cornerbacks coach, a guy who has no experience working with the secondary.

So when have I ever used youth to talk about the defense? Hell, for the past couple of years the defense has been the silver lining in Michigan football. Which is remarkable given the terrible situation that the offesnse keeps putting them in.

So again, Mattison has one national title ring, experience as the DC for the best of the NFL, and a proven track record from his previous stint at Michigan in the 90's, his time at Notre Dame, and at Florida. Not to mention he kills it on the recruiting trail, it was Mattison who brought Tebow to Florida. Probably why Meyer is quoted as saying Mattison is "the best recruiter in the country."

Narduzzi is good, but Mattison is better. Hence one of the reasons I would like John Harbaugh, because I would think he would keep Mattison, given it was Harbaugh that brought Mattison to Baltimore.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when did I say this year's problems were cause by Rich Rod?

I've gone over the 2011 season in detail before, so I won't again.

You really have a problem with reading comprehension, but I guess that's what I can expect when you get your education at Moo U.